Trudeau

March 11, 2019, 7:35 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Don't blame JWR for any of this.

yeah I remember this kind of thing used to happen in high school all the time or maybe it was old episodes of Survivor

March 11, 2019, 9:11 a.m.

Don't blame JWR for any of this. Blame SNC Lavalin for putting her in the position where she had to say something. Another company getting sweetheart deals & subsidies from the liberals, just like Bombardier.

I don't blame JWR for SNCs lot, but I think it is naive to think the PMO wasn't going to pressure her either.  Her job is political despite her belief otherwise and I am not so sure her actions did not have a political goal as well.

March 11, 2019, 11:49 a.m.

Canadians are so booooooooooooooring!

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/canadas-no-sex-no-money-scandal-could-topple-trudeau/

“People south of the border would be astonished to think that this is the type of scandal that they have in Canada,” said Eddie Goldenberg, a former adviser to former Prime Minister Jean Chretien.

Many countries would be jealous of a scandal that went no further than a prime minster asking another minister to do something she is legally entitled to do, Goldenberg said.

“I just don’t really see it as a scandal,” he said. “There is a political correctness here. Nobody wants to go after an indigenous woman minister. It’s become politically incorrect to question the former minister.”

“It’s a pseudo-scandal. It’s crap. What the hell? You are doing business in Libya and you are not bribing?” said Robert Bothwell, a professor of Canadian history and international relations at the University of Toronto. “It does suggest to me that the director of public prosecutions … is also nuts. And so is Wilson-Raybould. These people are delusional.”

Last edited by: tungsten on March 11, 2019, 11:57 a.m., edited 3 times in total.
March 11, 2019, 12:24 p.m.

So change the fucking laws to let our companies pay for hookers and blow for despots.

Problem fucking solved.

March 11, 2019, 1:01 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Don't blame JWR for any of this. Blame SNC Lavalin for putting her in the position where she had to say something. Another company getting sweetheart deals & subsidies from the liberals, just like Bombardier.

I don't blame JWR for SNCs lot, but I think it is naive to think the PMO wasn't going to pressure her either.  Her job is political despite her belief otherwise and I am not so sure her actions did not have a political goal as well.

JWR scores the  high level cabinet posting and pretends nothing is political.

In stead of quietly sliding sideways  her & Jane her BFF resign  cabinet posts in spectacular fashion (btw costing these rookies hundreds of thousands in salary ) and expect to stay in caucus.

Then since we got the pretty boy and by definaition the Liberal party of Canada on the mat already Celina Caesar-Chavannes goes public that JT yelled at her  but we don't know if he made her cry

solid Liberals eh? A bunch of rookies who got too high too fast

March 11, 2019, 1:11 p.m.

Have you thought of writing for Counterpunch?

March 11, 2019, 4:18 p.m.

yeah but i would have to learn to spell, but instead of acting like a cunt  why don't you give the class your take on the drama surrounding  JWR and what it does for the Liberal brand ?

Last edited by: XXX_er on March 11, 2019, 4:33 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 11, 2019, 5:33 p.m.

Finally.

March 11, 2019, 5:34 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Finally.

??

March 11, 2019, 5:34 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Finally.

??

March 11, 2019, 5:42 p.m.

Finally I’m glad to see some feel the same as I. This is a NON story. Business as usual. I don’t want to say much more for fear of being branded as sexist, which would also be bs.

March 11, 2019, 6:44 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

yeah but i would have to learn to spell, but instead of acting like a cunt  why don't you give the class your take on the drama surrounding  JWR and what it does for the Liberal brand ?

Sorry I'm not joining in your circle jerk on crafting a narrative you have no hope of supporting.  You are projecting your beliefs through stories you read from the publishers you like.

Those who take a side on this is what's wrong with Canada.  Step fucking back and ask yourself the simple questions I laid out for you already:

1) Did SNC break the law?  Yes/No/Undecided Yet

2) Did SNC, a large Liberal and to a smaller extent PC donor lobby government to put a provision in a massive omnibus bill to cover their illegalities?

3) Is the Liberal party criminal stupid and didn't realize the above happened?

4) Why is it illegal for our corporations not to give hundreds of millions of dollars to despots?

5) How many jobs would we lose?

6) What is the danger to allowing large political donors to be able to craft their own laws?

Whatever, let me reply for you:   LIBERALS RULE!!!

March 11, 2019, 6:46 p.m.

Neat.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2019/03/11/news/snc-lavalin-announced-confidential-deal-feds-four-days-after-trudeaus-first-throne

March 11, 2019, 6:49 p.m.

This shit is beyond fucked.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2019/03/08/analysis/hidden-key-snc-lavalin-scandal

For 16 years the global engineering and construction giant SNC-Lavalin cultivated a close relationship with the Muammar Gaddafi family, particularly his son Saadi.

According to criminal charges, for almost a decade of that period, up until the fall of the regime, SNC paid Saadi Gaadafi almost $50 million in exchange for billions of dollars in airport, pipeline, and water infrastructure projects.

Oh, and prisons.

Let's go over that again.

A Canadian company is charged with bribing a family infamous around the world for murder, torture, rape, abductions, and widespread human rights abuses, and doing it for its own profit. They didn't stop until the regime collapsed in 2011 and Swiss authorities came knocking. Charges were laid in April 2015.

Because of corruption's profoundly oppressive impact on the Libyan people, the SNC-Libya charges are vastly more serious even than the McGill hospital bribery scandal, in which SNC paid bribes of $22.5 million to secure the contract.

March 11, 2019, 6:56 p.m.

So while I didn't vote for the Liberal brand recent events still looks like Scheer lunacy from my keyboard the tail wagging the dog , she WAS definatley lobbied hard for (BTW for which she is making large coin ) but even JWR admits likely no laws were broken,

SO she gets pissed, forgets what its all about (the Liberal party getting & keeping power) and thro's the pm/leader of the liberal party under the bus

look at all the action and tell me how this kind of drama would this play out if you pulled this shit where YOU work ?

the threads title is Trudeau, yes he got his cock stuck in his zipper on this one but SNC Lavelin happened on the conservative watch

Last edited by: XXX_er on March 11, 2019, 7:02 p.m., edited 2 times in total.