Trudeau

Jan. 21, 2019, 9:07 p.m.

which Chiefs?

the hereditary chiefs or the band council chiefs ?

Everybody from Horgan to Trudeau to the pipeline company are confused as to who does what and who has the say

which is all bulshit cuz they could easily hire a consultant to tell them WTF is up, instead they went for the low hanging fruit

but what I hear you saying is this is the average wetsueten band members fault because they voted in a Band council who was not authorized to make the deal ?

As for band councils here is a band council in every Band in Canada where they run the res cuz its part of the Indian act, so the pipeline company asks whom to deal with and were told by government to deal with the band council, they offer the band council blankets and beads to get a deal, the bands in the middle of nowhere with nothing to lose sign on, the bands who have something to lose like the Wetsueten and Gixtsan are harder to deal with

the gas line yo Kitimat has looked like a non-starter for years due to the market price of LNG, Petronnas gave up on lelu and last week a moratorium was placed on Lelu island development

This project has been ignored until this judge granted an injunction in favor of the pipeline co and they decided to go ahead

The big question in my mind is why did the Judge rule for the pipeline company when there are precedents in law that don't jive with her ruling ?

It would look like the impartial judiciary ain't so impartial, could be the fix is in at least until that ruling gets struck down, maybe not  war, actualy not really about a pipeline, definatley about land claims ... think Delga muukw 2

Jan. 22, 2019, 10:26 a.m.

I meant the hereditary Chiefs.

Posted by: XXX_er

The big question in my mind is why did the Judge rule for the pipeline company when there are precedents in law that don't jive with her ruling ?

It would look like the impartial judiciary ain't so impartial, could be the fix is in at least until that ruling gets struck down, maybe not  war, actualy not really about a pipeline, definatley about land claims ... think Delga muukw 2

I am no lawyer, but the injunction to remove the blockade would not have looked at the bigger picture of the land claims, just that they were blocking access to the project.  It is the legality of the project itself that is sketchy here, but that is a different issue.  

IMO, the courts in recent years have sided with first nations claims more often than not.  I am pretty sure I am on record here from a few years ago stating that the only entities that can stop the pipeline are the various bands along the proposed route because they have more power than anyone else in the eyes of the courts.  Non-natives that disagree with the pipeline and live along the route had basically so say whatsoever.  

And isn't saying they were bought off with beads and blankets demeaning?  That saying takes us back to a time when first nations had no idea what they stood to lose.  These councils are fully aware of what they are doing.

Jan. 22, 2019, 4:06 p.m.

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/delgamuukw-case

Its already been decided the area ^^ in question belongs to the Wetsueten

Delgamuukw and later the Tsilcotin decisions are both watershed decisions in BC law involving the FN, for a judge to look at this situation in a vacuum or say they didn't know about the ruling would be BS cuz anybody can google it, you can even read the whole decision if you want but here^^ is the coles notes version of Delgamuukw

this situation is really about " A land claim " which just happens to involve a pipeline

Settling for " Beads and blankets " involved parties making deals who shouldn't have been making deals, pulling a not very fast one on somebody, all the band chiefs are supposed to do is run the res period, the territory is up to the Hereditary chiefs, but dealing with a band chief is always easier,

but there are so many chiefs, so what is a real chief, if the guy is a chief he must be the right person and even better wait for someone to die and blow into town when the real chiefs are holding a death feast

I think your ideas about what goes on might be simplistic

Jan. 23, 2019, 9:40 a.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/delgamuukw-case

Its already been decided the area ^^ in question belongs to the Wetsueten

Delgamuukw and later the Tsilcotin decisions are both watershed decisions in BC law involving the FN, for a judge to look at this situation in a vacuum or say they didn't know about the ruling would be BS cuz anybody can google it, you can even read the whole decision if you want but here^^ is the coles notes version of Delgamuukw

this situation is really about " A land claim " which just happens to involve a pipeline

Settling for " Beads and blankets " involved parties making deals who shouldn't have been making deals, pulling a not very fast one on somebody, all the band chiefs are supposed to do is run the res period, the territory is up to the Hereditary chiefs, but dealing with a band chief is always easier,

but there are so many chiefs, so what is a real chief, if the guy is a chief he must be the right person and even better wait for someone to die and blow into town when the real chiefs are holding a death feast

I think your ideas about what goes on might be simplistic

I have read the agreement which is why I have said that this project is on shaky legal ground.  This is how Canadian law works.  A lower court can get overruled by a higher court, and this is not simple.  Even the link above points that out in the last line after describing the very issue we are talking about.  "Therefore, while the Delgamuukw case raised and clarified issues relating to Aboriginal title, it did not outright resolve them. "  

At the end of the day, there is a serious problem in BC if we keep going down this road.  This entire province is claimed as traditional territory.  I don't want this pipeline, but I am not packing my bags and moving back to the motherland either, so the Delgamuukw decision is not going to be how this ends and it will continue to be challenged.

Feb. 12, 2019, 12:50 p.m.

The fuck?

Trudeau is going down and not one comment?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Last edited by: tungsten on Feb. 12, 2019, 12:51 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 12, 2019, 2:08 p.m.

This monkey would consider voting for the Liberal's if Wilson-Raybould was the leader.

Feb. 12, 2019, 2:12 p.m.

Seems to have ethics, only time will tell. Looking forward to the truth coming out.

Nothing more dangerous than a woman scorned

Feb. 12, 2019, 4:42 p.m.

Something smells fishy. Why would she resign now? Scheer is pressing for the truth.

Feb. 12, 2019, 8:17 p.m.

Trudeau's best hope of getting re-elected are Scheer and Singh continuing on as leaders of their parties.

Feb. 12, 2019, 8:38 p.m.

Personally, I don't think Singh has a chance with francophone voters in Quebec. But then again, he was first ballot winner for choice as leader of the party, so they must think he can get the job done.

Thread killer

Feb. 13, 2019, 5:50 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

Trudeau's best hope of getting re-elected are Scheer and Singh continuing on as leaders of their parties.

truth

Feb. 13, 2019, 8:16 a.m.

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/canada-the-show/?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3Z7Q7B1-rWxUGQicGzZ1i49MkG7WetFIF2QQjHmacomgEbBYcyMLMe97c#Echobox=1550008822

some pretty good nuts and bolts in here^^ but all that is known for sure is JWR got moved sideways & resigned

time to make some popcorn, sit back and watch the show

I don't think Sheer or Singh stand a snowballs chance in hell of being elected to PM

Last edited by: XXX_er on Feb. 13, 2019, 8:56 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 13, 2019, 9:14 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

The fuck?

Trudeau is going down and not one comment?

It was planned so the liberals wouldn't face a crushing defeat or voting out. ...

Feb. 13, 2019, 10:24 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

But then again, he was first ballot winner for choice as leader of the party, so they must think he can get the job done.

"Inclusivity". He got the job 'cause he was a brown guy who wraps his head in a way that don't frighten the white people 'cause it touches their inner Sufi.

Last edited by: tungsten on Feb. 13, 2019, 10:28 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 19, 2019, 12:15 p.m.

The Beaverton is my only source for Canadian news.

Trudeau brags about having perfect gender balance among people he’s thrown under bus