Trudeau

Dec. 20, 2017, 3:11 p.m.
  • the bike is gonna suck
Dec. 20, 2017, 7:25 p.m.

anyone but harper  and JT is it

Dec. 20, 2017, 7:50 p.m.

Life is so much better when we sell arms to despots under the banner of a cutie.

I know ignorance is bliss, but fuck, if you guys could bottle this it'd be worth more than bitcoin.

Jan. 2, 2018, 1:10 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

So what are the best, “whatabout” responses to the whole Aga Kahn topic?

If you can dub your response over top of Scheer’s coming out commercial I’ll buy you a bike.

It was stupid and a conflict of interest.

Jan. 2, 2018, 2:44 p.m.

Trudeau's year end interview with La Flamme was interesting.  I kinda like his views on dealing with international issues.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 2, 2018, 3:38 p.m.

What are your thoughts on JT's bromance with Macron?  At a time of American global influence waning, it might not be a bad thing to have Macron's ear.

Jan. 2, 2018, 7:36 p.m.

I think Macron & Merkel are the 2 of the most prominent heads of state right now. Maybe JT can get them a cup of coffee or take a selfie with them. He's not in their league.

Thread killer

Jan. 2, 2018, 10:58 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

What are your thoughts on JT's bromance with Macron?  At a time of American global influence waning, it might not be a bad thing to have Macron's ear.

My thoughts would be only useful to catch pigeon droppings on that question.

First, I'd need to confirm the relationship between the two, and I suspect those named aren't even aware of where they're at.

Second, we'd need to find their handlers as I don't think they're fully batshit crazy yet and think they can do it all themselves.

Third, we'd need to ignore everything we've read about their relationship, as that is nothing but hearsay and bullshit on whatever publication you're currently using to feed your confirmation biases.

So, yeah.  I think an easier question to answer would be when are we going to unify gravity with the other forces.

Jan. 3, 2018, 1:42 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

I think Macron & Merkel are the 2 of the most prominent heads of state right now. Maybe JT can get them a cup of coffee or take a selfie with them. He's not in their league.

I am not sure you understood my question.  I wasn't comparing Trudeau to Macron or Merkel, I was asking what people's thoughts were of JT having a strong relationship with Macron.  Despite your snark and RM's bubble of skepticism, they do appear to have an affinity and these things matter.

Jan. 4, 2018, 11:50 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Is that because a degree in  philosophy degree is better than a teaching degree?

Feb. 22, 2018, 2:46 p.m.

Here you go Trudeau lovers.  Something to hang your hat on.  This is something "he's" doing differently than helmet-head.

Our government is going more opaque!  Yay!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/information-watchdog-blasts-liberals-ahead-of-her-retirement/article38060282/

Feb. 22, 2018, 4:51 p.m.

go team orange!

Feb. 23, 2018, 4:07 p.m.

This thread should really be renamed Trudeau & Harper.

If you missed media attention around their shopping spree, here’s what they bought in Canada. The Bentall Centre, a landmark office complex in Vancouver, that went for just over a B. Retirement Concepts, a senior care company in BC and Alberta, that also just happens to have a massive real estate footprint. The HSBC Building in Toronto, also known as 70 York Street. Last but not least, 777 Bay Street, who’s largest client is the Government of Ontario. All of these deals were approved by the Canadian government, who found nothing weird about their ownership structure.

Canada must have missed when US Congress flat out called them a state owned entity. The US never presented hard proof of the Chinese government’s involvement with Anbang. Although it’s now, ironically, under state control. It’s not like the RCMP and CSIS warned us this would happen though. Oh wait, there was that one time the RCMP and CSIS warned us this would happen. Whoops!

https://betterdwelling.com/chinese-government-just-seized-billions-worth-canadian-real-estate/

"Strategic voting" my stinky taint.

Feb. 23, 2018, 4:26 p.m.

I actually find it a bit surprising that the Liberals are making a mess of things so quickly. They have to realize that what got them elected are swing voters who had simply tired of Harper's schtick and wanted something differnt, but not different enough to vote NDP. I'm sure come the next election a large percentage of those voters will looking to vote somewhere else besides the Liberal party. Mind you with Scheer it seems the Conservatives are trying just as hard not to win the next election either.

Feb. 23, 2018, 4:48 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

I actually find it a bit surprising that the Liberals are making a mess of things so quickly. They have to realize that what got them elected are swing voters who had simply tired of Harper's schtick and wanted something differnt, but not different enough to vote NDP. I'm sure come the next election a large percentage of those voters will looking to vote somewhere else besides the Liberal party. Mind you with Scheer it seems the Conservatives are trying just as hard not to win the next election either.

Can't really fault either party.  The majority of Canadian's are range-bound in their voting choices.

We dumb.