Trudeau

March 28, 2019, 5:51 p.m.

Posted by: JBV

dontcha just love em? i can't wait for him to be gone. can't fucking wait. i hope he fades into obscurity and i never see his goofy face in the media again.

It's just really disappointing as I'm on board with much of the message Trudeau and the Liberals were selling during the last election. I think these issues are still important to them, but I don't think they're a priority as they stated 4 years ago. Unfortunately though I feel those same issues are even less important for the Convseratives and the NDP are just milling about in obscurity. I don't see anyone on the Canadian political scene who grabs me as someone who can set the right agenda and make it happen. 

Makes me glad at this point I don't have any kids who will be inheriting this mess.

March 29, 2019, 8:47 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

Posted by: JBV

dontcha just love em? i can't wait for him to be gone. can't fucking wait. i hope he fades into obscurity and i never see his goofy face in the media again.

It's just really disappointing as I'm on board with much of the message Trudeau and the Liberals were selling during the last election. I think these issues are still important to them, but I don't think they're a priority as they stated 4 years ago. Unfortunately though I feel those same issues are even less important for the Convseratives and the NDP are just milling about in obscurity. I don't see anyone on the Canadian political scene who grabs me as someone who can set the right agenda and make it happen. 

Makes me glad at this point I don't have any kids who will be inheriting this mess.

I am in the same boat, but the SNC thing is going to sink them no doubt and considering that they were torpedoed from within it is going to be an ugly time inside the LPC.   I guess we can take some solace in the fact that Canadians still react to what they see as unethical behaviour and don't appear to have that ridiculous tribal loyalty that is destroying America at the moment.

March 29, 2019, 10:04 a.m.

Nice gaffe Trudeau... we need more of these in the fall to ensure zero chance of re-election.

March 29, 2019, 10:46 a.m.

Posted by: grambo

Nice gaffe Trudeau... we need more of these in the fall to ensure zero chance of re-election.

I can't say I am too thrilled about a 100% chance of PM Scheer and whatever his "climate plan" will be, other than ditching the carbon tax.

March 29, 2019, 1:23 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

I can't say I am too thrilled about a 100% chance of PM Scheer and whatever his "climate plan" will be, other than ditching the carbon tax.

Was there an LPC Climate Plan?

March 30, 2019, 11:14 p.m.

So my friends, the concerted movement to paint JWR as a bitch isn't as good as it once was, right?

And to you PC monkeys that are champing at this bit, you are even worse.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2019/03/29/news/new-audio-phone-call-reveals-jody-wilson-rayboulds-warning-about-snc-lavalin

March 31, 2019, 6:46 a.m.

what JWR did is not only unethical but illegal has well it seems.

March 31, 2019, 6:47 a.m.

two wrongs don't make a right though I guess

March 31, 2019, 9:29 a.m.

October is going to be fun. 

A giant douche or a turd sandwich.

March 31, 2019, 10:35 a.m.

word in the back rooms is that she/they will be gone from caucus in a week

maybe politics IS political after all ?

April 1, 2019, 9:32 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Posted by: chupacabra

Was there an LPC Climate Plan?

Not a great one seeing as they kissed Alberta's ass on the tar sands but the carbon tax is a positive step that we know works from our experience here in BC.  So yes they do, and no, your usual insinuation that they are one and the same is not factual.  If Scheer wins he would be the PM until what, 2023?  There is going to be a lot of movement globally on climate change in the short term and the conservatives are our worst hope to actively join that fight.

April 1, 2019, 9:42 a.m.

I was not moved by that phone call in either direction.  If that was the intense pressure she endured on her decision, she might need to have a safe space installed at her next job.  If anything I was amazed at how bad Wernick was at pressuring her.

April 1, 2019, 11:05 a.m.

Chup, how has the carbon tax worked in BC?

April 1, 2019, 11:35 a.m.

Posted by: Endur-Bro

Chup, how has the carbon tax worked in BC?

From every review of the tax I have seen it both reduced emissions and only had a negligible effect on the economy if any at all.  

This article from the NY Times goes over the tax pretty well I think.

April 1, 2019, 8:16 p.m.

^Oh yes; the revenue neutral carbon tax. 

100% I haven’t reduced anything. Life has just gotten more expensive for myself. I offset this by driving myself to work a few extra times per year.