Trip planning.

July 30, 2015, 8:48 p.m.

So a friend suggested life before work travel for going on a trip.

https://lbwtravel.com/tours/island-teaser-west

I'm 25 and need a vacation. I don't just want a total booze fest party, hangingout with other young people is cool though. It would just be great if there were some travelling type things, not laying on a beach getting hammered.

I'd like to do hikes, scuba(just got my certification) and other cool things.

I'm not an experienced traveller.

Help? suggestions? thinking of going end of september/october.

July 30, 2015, 10:16 p.m.

Take a good friend, get a Eurail pass, buy a plane ticket to Amsterdam or Frankfurt, find a hostel, make friends, go with the flow.

July 31, 2015, 12:14 a.m.

Take a good friend, get a Eurail pass, buy a plane ticket to Amsterdam or Frankfurt, find a hostel, make friends, go with the flow.

^ this.

Pack light.

July 31, 2015, 12:39 a.m.

If you want scuba fun that Thailand package would be great. A Eurail country crawl would be fun but for sweet hikes and diving I think you would have more fun in SE Asia. Having said that though I would never join a group tour, you have to go where they want when they want you to and you may find yourself spending too much time in one place and not enough in another. Staying in youth hostels is the best way to find info, travel mates and activities at a fair price. If you don't wanna do the dormitory thing they usually have private rooms too.

And yeah pack light. When I do a two-week trip I only take a carry-on sized backpack.

www.natooke.com

July 31, 2015, 1:46 a.m.

^ Good points, SE Asia will definitely have better diving, and most likely quite a bit cheaper.

I too would vote against group tours. Show up at a hostel, meet some people, and go from there.

I did 3 months by train through europe with a 38 L pack. If you're there during the summer months, you can get by with a surprisingly little amount of clothes.

Shoot me a pm if you have questions, or find yourself in the Copenhagen area ;)

July 31, 2015, 3:25 a.m.

Weather should still be good in southern Europe, and better for you if you do not like sweltering heat.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 31, 2015, 4:16 a.m.

good scuba diving there too:

http://www.iexplore.com/activity-guides/scuba-diving/top-10-europe

But will probably cost a lot more $$$

www.natooke.com

July 31, 2015, 6:34 a.m.

Bet you could get a deal to go to Greece. No bad ideas. :lol:

Or Africa - you could trophy hunt and scuba all in one day.

But I think Orange nailed it with SE Asia.

July 31, 2015, 7:22 a.m.

Philippines!

Awesome diving, people, and food. Dirt cheap.
Rent a motorbike/scooter and tool around.

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

July 31, 2015, 7:33 a.m.

Philippines!

second that,

I've never been to Thailand so I can't say how it compares but the Philippines is hands down my favorite place I've ever been to. It's a little rough around the edges and very third-world but oh so amazing.

This is my snorkeling video from my trip and I didn't even hit up the best spots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrCZVvlsyU0

www.natooke.com

July 31, 2015, 8:01 a.m.

I went to Belize/Guatemala in early October a few years back. If you've only got a couple weeks this is a good option as the distances within country are short and there is tons to do. That time period is pretty good too… after hurricane season and before peak tourist season, enough people around that activities are running but nothing was packed and accommodations were easy to find. Snorkeling and scuba there are great. Easy flights to get there too.

July 31, 2015, 9:39 p.m.

I went to Belize/Guatemala in early October a few years back. If you've only got a couple weeks this is a good option as the distances within country are short and there is tons to do. That time period is pretty good too… after hurricane season and before peak tourist season, enough people around that activities are running but nothing was packed and accommodations were easy to find. Snorkeling and scuba there are great. Easy flights to get there too.

good tip

July 31, 2015, 9:40 p.m.

Philippines!

this seems like a good idea

July 31, 2015, 9:47 p.m.

^ Fly to Cebu and do some island hopping, you won't regret it. You'll be beating the local babes off with a stick too, just warning you. It was a tough place to travel in as a married man.

www.natooke.com

July 31, 2015, 9:48 p.m.

This could also be fun.