Trial Riding Thread - All Things Trials

Jan. 7, 2015, 8:21 p.m.

Mtb has had dust on it for 3 years now … i switched to moto a while back with my 4 stroke husky then coming to me senses and getting a lighter 2 stroke yz.
I live so close to some amazing trails riding ( bottom of burke/eagle ) and i keep seeing more and more trials bikes in the back of trucks that i might as well get one as well and join the madness in the woods as the coast really is steep and tight and my moto skills are lacking

RIDE BIKES
:canada:

Jan. 7, 2015, 8:38 p.m.

I would be interested in riding eagle on a trials bike. I bet it could be fun.

Jan. 7, 2015, 9:16 p.m.

I live so close to some amazing trails riding ( bottom of burke/eagle )

While there are some trails on eagle that have been built for motos, as far as I know there are none on Burke. I, among others, actively maintain the mtb trails on Burke and Eagle. When motos ride the mtb trails it really sets us back on doing repairs and keeping the trails running smoothly. I know there has been some recent sightings and run ins with someone riding a Yamaha on the Burke trails. I really hope this isn't you as one who frequents a mtb forum should know the amount of effort and work that goes into maintaining trails. I too am a Moto and trials guy and there are more than enough riding areas that this really isn't needed. Mcnutt and ioco have tons and tons of trails available to us and eagle is also getting a small collection of trails going too. While the eagle Moto trails are pretty rough for the average rider, they are more manageable on a trials bike. While there are some issues with motos on mtb's trails on eagle the two user groups are trying to work things out and hopefully with some good signage it will keep things in check.

As far as I am aware there is no motorcycling in provincial parks.

I know on one of the trails that my dad, wife and I maintain on Burke there was a lot of damage done to it recently. This will involve many hours to repair.

Jan. 8, 2015, 12:17 p.m.

While there are some trails on eagle that have been built for motos, as far as I know there are none on Burke. I, among others, actively maintain the mtb trails on Burke and Eagle. When motos ride the mtb trails it really sets us back on doing repairs and keeping the trails running smoothly. I know there has been some recent sightings and run ins with someone riding a Yamaha on the Burke trails. I really hope this isn't you as one who frequents a mtb forum should know the amount of effort and work that goes into maintaining trails. I too am a Moto and trials guy and there are more than enough riding areas that this really isn't needed. Mcnutt and ioco have tons and tons of trails available to us and eagle is also getting a small collection of trails going too. While the eagle Moto trails are pretty rough for the average rider, they are more manageable on a trials bike. While there are some issues with motos on mtb's trails on eagle the two user groups are trying to work things out and hopefully with some good signage it will keep things in check.

As far as I am aware there is no motorcycling in provincial parks.

I know on one of the trails that my dad, wife and I maintain on Burke there was a lot of damage done to it recently. This will involve many hours to repair.

Well said and thanks for building trails. I rode imby to physio to eastbound for the first time today, toughish loop but fun! Thanks biggles and whoever else builds there.

Jan. 8, 2015, 4:12 p.m.

Just a warning to anyone thinking about riding their moto in the park at Burke. I've talked with the same CO (Conservation officer) on a few occasions near the gun club. He has told me that he has issued several tickets to motos in the park in the past year

Seems there will always be motos that think all the trails are ok to ride
http://www.dualsportbc.com/forums/showthread.php?13537-Burke-Mtn-Riding-(-Coquitlam-)

Although Eagle has some good trials riding. I am still a noob and find IOCO a little easier to find lots of pretty cool beginner trails. Looking forward to maybe the first ride of the year out there this weekend!

Chainsmoker 8)

Jan. 8, 2015, 4:19 p.m.

Agreed with Bryan - there is plenty of space for everyone to have fun in the woods without running over each other. Go ride where you're meant to.

Ioco is pretty close to Eagle/Burke, and awesome for a trials bike, thus your best bet, and likely where the bikes in trucks are heading unless they're dicks.

Don't be a dick.

Jan. 8, 2015, 10:18 p.m.

That Yamaha is not me… i don't ride on burke and am well aware its not aloud. plus i pedal up there all the time and years to come with my little ones. I meant i live at the bottom of the 2 mtns. I from time to time venture up eagle on the moto but im also well aware of the active mtn bike trails and stay clear of them as well.

RIDE BIKES

Jan. 8, 2015, 10:30 p.m.

Super sorry about miss interpretation. My bad and glad to hear I got it wrong.

Jan. 8, 2015, 10:39 p.m.

Super sorry about miss interpretation. My bad and glad to hear I got it wrong.

jerk

Jan. 9, 2015, 8:20 p.m.

Common Dave hes not a jerk :) he cares about his trails. I just didn't want to get blasted for riding on burke
when you getting a bike with a motor ?

jerk

RIDE BIKES

Jan. 12, 2015, 9:15 a.m.

oh what I would have given to have a gopro on my last trials ride.

let me paint a picture for you. im riding along behind Knight-Rider, were moving at a pretty good clip downhill and he shoots between two trees about bar width apart. the key words here are "about" bar width because its about an inch to tight. his bike comes to an immediate stop but Dave keeps going. trying to hold on he is catapulted over the bars. Except he holds on and flips into a total bent arm hand stand with his heels catching the trees to prevent him from going over. then time stops. He holds the handstand for maybe two or three seconds untill his arms give out and he crumples to the ground.

Best crash ever. I laughed so hard it brought me to tears

Jan. 12, 2015, 9:36 a.m.

I hope he is ok but that sounds too funny

Jan. 12, 2015, 9:46 a.m.

no injury other than gut busting laughter.

Jan. 12, 2015, 5:49 p.m.

That's awesome!

Jan. 12, 2015, 7:02 p.m.

Never had a wipeout like that one before. I even had time to pick a landing while in handstand and I didn't even get a scratch.

I hope I never have another one, although it would have been good to see it from Rat's perspective.