Trial Riding Thread - All Things Trials

Aug. 26, 2013, 6:53 p.m.

I am moved. Not settled. Still have to go clean the old place, and a couple of trips to the dump.

Had my wallet and phone stolen today, so I am out of touch with the world for a few days. Maybe it is a good thing.

Aug. 26, 2013, 6:57 p.m.

Damn, that's shitty

Aug. 29, 2013, 5:05 p.m.

I think I am just going to throw down, and evolve my system to this;

http://liquidcontainment.com.au/cartpage/viewproduct/17/3-5-litre-back-pack

I am thinking of having 2-3.5l bladders. I should be able to carry those on the outside of my pack, secured with carabiners on overnight trips. They should also fit nicely inside my pack for day trips and also be easier to pack stuff around than a 5l jerry can.

If anyone wanted to do a group order of these things, I'd be down for that. Seems like it would be a good solution.

Still planning for next weekend? I'd be able to go up on the Friday, back Sunday night. Need to travel for work on Monday.

Aug. 29, 2013, 8:39 p.m.

If anyone wanted to do a group order of these things, I'd be down for that. Seems like it would be a good solution.

Still planning for next weekend? I'd be able to go up on the Friday, back Sunday night. Need to travel for work on Monday.

I could be down for a bladder too……….

As for next week i still have it on the radar. We need the boys to guide us in. It headed up by rat and dave so…. See what up. Apt is on the same program as us….. We could maybe pile in togethter?

Whats up this weekend? I am keen for sunday or monday. Could do a bit of ioco or perhaps do some squamish

Blogging - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.

Aug. 29, 2013, 8:53 p.m.

I'm around Ando…haven't kicked that Sherco over for a bit. I need to get out on the 200 and also need to go to Whistler for some MTB. I've ridden for the last 10 or so days straight so might was well keep the wheels rolling.

Aug. 29, 2013, 9:08 p.m.

Cool well put me down for sunday or monday. Could do squamish or britannia but need a guid or sorts…..i can find some but not up there

Blogging - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.

Aug. 29, 2013, 9:17 p.m.

I am around so could show you guys britannia or squamish or ioco does not matter…

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

Aug. 29, 2013, 9:28 p.m.

I am still into going next weekend. I can do either fri or mon work skip, but not both.

Mark, I would be interested in 2-3.5l bladders. That would do nicely for a 2 day ride. 3 would be nice, but they are pricey buggers.

I may be able to get out for a britania ride on Monday, if I can get to my bike dug out on sunday.

Aug. 29, 2013, 9:30 p.m.

Lets ride Sunday morning or Monday. My bike is back in action. Funny that it's literary a 10min job. Pop the cracked glass window and pop the new one in. Didn't even have to take off my clutch cover.

Oh well, the downtime has done wonders to my water sports.

Aug. 29, 2013, 9:33 p.m.

I'm down for next weekend. The earliest I can go is Friday mid afternoon. Not sure where is base camp. If you guys are camping on the yalakom side, that's a 5hr drive for most of us. Makes it a bit tougher to leave Saturday morning.

Aug. 29, 2013, 10:15 p.m.

Cool well sunday is easier for me to fit in a longer epic day otherwise monday would be local. If we do sunday dave could get us into some trouble otherwise dave we can drag you around here.

As for the sulaps 5hrs wow! Long drive! Ya that would have to be friday departure eh? Gonna need some good directions to base. Apt u truck sleeping?

I would sleep in mine. Mark we could commute and share the back. Have an enclosed trailer for the bikes and lots of gear. Bring a tent if you dont like snoring…..or my single bed bunk! Ha

Aug. 29, 2013, 10:21 p.m.

Yeah, sleeping in the truck for sure.

Aug. 30, 2013, 11:24 a.m.

I'm camping on the sunshine coast with the kids this weekend, but def game for next if the weather cooperates.

Ando: I'll bring the tent. :)

Aug. 30, 2013, 6:32 p.m.

So for this weekend

Sundays probably the best for me to do a full day (bryan too)
I am thinking squamish or brittania would be awesome

Apt does that cut into ur surfin? Rat can u play?

Dave u were keen to play

Failing that monday works but will likely have to be more ioco for me…….

So lets plan for sunday

Aug. 30, 2013, 8:03 p.m.

I am a maybe. I was going to use sunday to actually dig out my bike. My garage is still a disaster zone.