Trial Riding Thread - All Things Trials

Feb. 7, 2013, 10:04 p.m.

Sunday at Ioco sounds like a good plan. Ill try to make it out.

Feb. 8, 2013, 2:48 p.m.

I will be there as well.

Feb. 8, 2013, 9:06 p.m.

I am shooting for the same plan….about 11am. Sunday

Bryan may make it out too pending his day.
I am hoping to hook up with a few of the other mtb guys we saw the other day….

But if the group gets big we can peel off. put put

Blogging - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.

Feb. 9, 2013, 8:27 p.m.

I am shooting for the same plan….about 11am. Sunday

Bryan may make it out too pending his day.
I am hoping to hook up with a few of the other mtb guys we saw the other day….

But if the group gets big we can peel off. put put

So what are the odds you boys wanna hit up britania?
Couple df my MTb buddies were thinking of hitting it at 11am

The snow is clear and they say some major logging is gonna happen there

Let me know I am cool either way

Blogging - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.

Feb. 9, 2013, 8:42 p.m.

It's a sad day. You should try and ride it tomorow. Logging at britannia apparently will start between the 15th and 20th of this monthI
. I know there is a ride up there tomorrow at 11. Im 50/50 at this time. Feeling a little tired from sledding today.

Feb. 9, 2013, 9:57 p.m.

ok cool….send me a note in the am….

I planned to ride with you and Dave so dont wanna bail…
I will decide by 9am or so….send me a text if your in.

I will wait to hear from dave and go from there.

Backup plan will be ioco for 11am….

Feb. 11, 2013, 9:45 a.m.

So two tire shops and the local yammer dealer can't get this tire to seat.

What now?

Also what's going to be lost at brittania?

Feb. 11, 2013, 11:03 a.m.

Jam some hose in the one side to create a seal on the one side an it will also push the tire over to the other side and help seat that side. Also, remove the valve core so that will all the air to flow faster into the tire. You find it tuff to actuate the air nozzle without the valve core though.

Feb. 11, 2013, 11:53 a.m.

Straight from Trials 99
_
Logging in the Britannia trials area will be starting between February 15th, and February 20th. The falling will take approximately 10 days with the removal of the trees via helicopter to be completed by April 1st. This will be taking place in the area of the 401, One Cup, the Glenns, Disneyland and Seven Creeks. The only area that riding will be save is around Energizer and the cabin (probably too much snow).

For your own personal safety, please stay out of these areas until April 1st.

The logging company will be doing some trail cleanup as they fall and remove the trees, but there will need to be work done by us in a few areas to re-open them for riding. They have offered to fly a group of us up with saws etc. to help with the clean-up. I will be sending out a call for volunteers when we know the date for that, but it will likely be around April 1st.

Thanks for your understanding and patience._

As for your rear tire. Tie down strap strategically placed and lots of soap did the trick at the tire shop when i mounted my michelin. I know the michelin has softer sidewall that is why it is a bit trickier to seat the bead. The dunlop on the other hand has stiffer sidewall and that is why it was a breeze to mount it. That being said, I'm going back to the michy. There's a reason why the michy is more expensive. Dave was laughing at my Dunlop yesterday when I absolutely had zero traction at some spots even at 3psi. Never had that issue with my michelin.

Feb. 11, 2013, noon

that sucks about brittania especially the glens and disney, pretty special in there.

got the tire seated with 7 ratchet straps and damn near took my finger off undoing the straps.

Feb. 11, 2013, 10:19 p.m.

got the tire seated with 7 ratchet straps and damn near took my finger off undoing the straps.

Just read the new parts of the thread now…

In the future, just put blocking that spreads the bead apart in the new tire when you store it. Then when you install it, the bead sits against the rim and it's easy to inflate. I learned the hard way too. Lots of straps and high powered compressors

Feb. 12, 2013, 12:29 a.m.

Dunno if this will work on motor cycle tires but I have used a circle of rope just bigger than the tire tread and a lever to spread the bead on UST bike tires, I put the lever in the rope circle and twist it to tighten the rope around the tire bead

Feb. 12, 2013, 7:28 a.m.

Dunno if this will work on motor cycle tires but I have used a circle of rope just bigger than the tire tread and a lever to spread the bead on UST bike tires, I put the lever in the rope circle and twist it to tighten the rope around the tire bead

nope that wouldnt work. it took 7 heavy duty ratchet straps cranked down to the max. I like the Janitors trick though that makes sense.

funny thing was Western Yamaha actually sells these tires and they couldn't inflate it.

Feb. 12, 2013, 8:53 a.m.

Using the rope trick I have been able to inflate every 2.35 ust tire I attempted to mount using just a beto hand pump so far

I DID suspect you probably needed more mech advantage than the rope trick could give you for a motorcyle tire but I put it out there anyhow

stupid question time …are these tires UST?

Feb. 12, 2013, 8:57 a.m.

they are tubeless tires.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/44/86/176/742/-/8842/Michelin-X-11-Radial-Trials-Competition-Tire-%2528Tubeless%2529/trials+tire