Trial Riding Thread - All Things Trials

Nov. 5, 2012, 5:22 p.m.

and oh ya….

what did you do the trialsplus web site dave? Bob mentioned you where doing some updates for him? an now it is a few picks of you….and a surfing group?

Kim is redoing the entire Trials Plus web site…stay tuned…

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

Nov. 5, 2012, 6:18 p.m.

Was a little damp on Sunday, yes. Almost drowned getting out of the parking lot, I laughed when I saw you guys going back out in it as I drove off!

The seemingly endless series of hip-high logs were.. great? Also, epic quote of the day from Knight Rider: "oh yeah, actually the hard part is ahead! we just go over there right up that waterfall." Ando and I respond with silence. Cackles of laughter. :lol:

Yip. Rode up a waterfall. Can check that off the list now!

I'll get the lights charged up for Thursday night.

Prediction: my MTB doesn't get touched till next summer.

Nov. 5, 2012, 6:54 p.m.

holy shit you guys ride in some wet, wet conditions.

WTF, Over?

Nov. 5, 2012, 8:40 p.m.

holy shit you guys ride in some wet, wet conditions.

ha ya that set an absolute soaked record for me….best part was I didnt care!
as APT said….as long as it is not pouring when I gear up I am good….once under way who cares….

Light are always charge boys yet I may be hitting squamish on thur/fri with a moto buddy. keep the ride thread alive and we can hook up soon

Blogging - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.

Nov. 6, 2012, 9:37 p.m.

Got some time for a rip? Thursday morning open till about 1230 local ride
Or Friday could be open for most of the day…

Blogging - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.

Nov. 7, 2012, 7:42 a.m.

going to ride today afternoon squamish or britannia then thursday afternoon and friday anytime, dave

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

Nov. 7, 2012, 12:40 p.m.

I've been contemplating getting into trials for a while. There is an 03 beta 270 for sale locally - any input on these? I know it is a bit bigger than ideal for a beginner. What would be a decent price for a reasonably well kept one?

Nov. 7, 2012, 2:20 p.m.

$2000-$2500.

I know the Beta Rev series had some problem with the carb float bowl that makes the bike leaks fuel at a certain angle and hard to start on a decline. However, I believe there is a fix for that.

Nov. 7, 2012, 3:45 p.m.

I think the 03 revs have electrical gremlins as well.

Nov. 7, 2012, 3:59 p.m.

So who's still up for a night ride tomorrow?

Nov. 7, 2012, 4:16 p.m.

I'm in. Gonna do a quick rip tonight, to check out how I mount the light to my helmut. These magicshines fail when it comes to helmut mounts.

APT Does your light attach to your new helmut?

Nov. 7, 2012, 4:22 p.m.

I'm using the jaw mount from my nite rider with the magic shine. Somehow it works.

The only downside is I have to use my TLD full face to use the jaw mount. There's no good mounting spot on the trials helmet and my MTB XC lid is so packed out, it is really wobbly with the light on top.

6pm tomorrow?

Nov. 7, 2012, 4:38 p.m.

6 sounds good to me.

Nov. 7, 2012, 9:11 p.m.

I've been contemplating getting into trials for a while. There is an 03 beta 270 for sale locally - any input on these? I know it is a bit bigger than ideal for a beginner. What would be a decent price for a reasonably well kept one?

Aside from the teck issues of that year…

dont think of a trials bike like a regular moto. the jump from 250-270-290 ect

From what I have read all these bike will feel similar to a newb. Ie dont think you need some 150 what have you little bike. They all weigh the same….how you use the throttle in the begining won't have you feeling over powered on a 290 vs 250.

As a newb….do it…it is like mtb just full on all the time. so fun and you don't need a mass of trails to ride on….

Nov. 7, 2012, 9:15 p.m.

going to ride today afternoon squamish or britannia then thursday afternoon and friday anytime, dave

APT/Krider…I am out for thurs night….maybe the weekend.

Dave…I am open all day Friday. Where and when? Will send a pm with details.
I live 5min from Trialsplus in pocomton….

squamish, ioco, mcnutt….you name it