Trial Riding Thread - All Things Trials

Sept. 17, 2014, 8:10 a.m.

Not true. It's outside the park. All area on the other side of the bowl is park and non-motorized

my bad. your right.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

Sept. 17, 2014, 9:40 a.m.

Day two 130km and Pizza Delivery!

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

Sept. 17, 2014, 9:51 a.m.

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

Sept. 17, 2014, 9:59 a.m.

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

Sept. 17, 2014, 10:09 a.m.

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

Sept. 17, 2014, 12:33 p.m.

I am so stoked!

Just bought a 2005 beta rev 3 270 .
I have not sucked this bad at a sport in a long time. Which is an awesome but humbling feeling.
Bought it to help build trails, and quickly realizing the insane potential to get out and explore. My shovel and saw might be sitting in the forest very lonely for the next couple of weeks.

Don't think I will ever own a downhill bike again, as trials is so much fun. Still love my am bike though, so will keep playing back in forth between trials and mtbing.

Sept. 17, 2014, 12:50 p.m.

Norona, your pics have convinced me. If I end up in Cold Lake next summer, a trials bike will be the next big purchase. Even if I have to sell my Chilcotin to get my wife's permission.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Sept. 17, 2014, 12:52 p.m.

I am so stoked!

Just bought a 2005 beta rev 3 270 .
I have not sucked this bad at a sport in a long time. Which is an awesome but humbling feeling.
Bought it to help build trails, and quickly realizing the insane potential to get out and explore. My shovel and saw might be sitting in the forest very lonely for the next couple of weeks.

Don't think I will ever own a downhill bike again, as trials is so much fun. Still love my am bike though, so will keep playing back in forth between trials and mtbing.

Looking forward dot riding with ya mister and I will be up there tomorrow to look at a house so riding afterwards!!!

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

Sept. 19, 2014, 8:49 a.m.

OSSA, other than the possibilities of starting issues(which sound like they have a fix for) anyone heard anything bad?

Nechako? how's yours holding up? riding it much?

Sept. 19, 2014, 11:44 a.m.

Work has been busy this summer and I have not been riding as much as I would like but the bike has been flawless. When I have been riding it's usually before or after work so I haven't been venturing far from home but thankfully I've got easy access to crown land and I'm still finding stuff to explore.

The common complaints of the early bikes are around hard starting and transmission problems. I can usually start my bike in two kicks from cold and the transmission is perfect.

The air filter is a pain to get at (fixed on the newer bikes) and people complain about the oil changes too. You do have to drain two areas separately but it isn't a big deal. I do regular oil changes with PJ1 clutch tuner ultralight oil and have no clutch drag or shifting issues. The sight glass on the older bikes doesn't show the correct oil level so I just go by the ML when adding oil.

The bike feels well built and I haven't managed to break much on it. Some people don't like that it uses torx bolts but I haven't found them to be an issue.

I want to get the shock rebuilt sometime this winter and go over the bearings too. Does anybody know who can work on the Ohlins TTX trials shock?

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Sept. 19, 2014, 5:42 p.m.

Suspensionwerx likely can sort you out.

Thank you for the review.

Sept. 19, 2014, 6:55 p.m.

fuck dave, I hate how long all your highres pictures take to load up the thread. Maybe a link to your photo album with one or two banger photo in the thread?

:beer:

Sept. 19, 2014, 9:41 p.m.

Does anybody know who can work on the Ohlins TTX trials shock?

Geoff at GP moto is a suspension wizard. Mostly with trail and moto bikes but i am sure he could work a rebuild on a trials shock. But it is Kamloops.

WTF, Over?

Sept. 20, 2014, 5:13 a.m.

Suspensionwerx likely can sort you out.

Thank you for the review.

Geoff at GP moto is a suspension wizard. Mostly with trail and moto bikes but i am sure he could work a rebuild on a trials shock. But it is Kamloops.

Thanks, that gives me a couple options.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Sept. 20, 2014, 12:57 p.m.

fuck dave, I hate how long all your highres pictures take to load up the thread. Maybe a link to your photo album with one or two banger photo in the thread?

:beer:

You really need to get out a bit more and whine less! Start this thread, stop that one, shift this here, and that here, move this, do it this way….how about you pull up your big boy pampers and either enjoy them or go for a long ride uphill and decide how you might go about figuring out how to enjoy them. Or stick to the boobs thread! :)

@davenorona

@Dave Norona