Trial Riding Thread - All Things Trials

Aug. 16, 2013, 8:01 a.m.

I rode the summerland trails a few years ago, they are pretty fun, not as good as the stuff we have here IMO. they are more like moto trails with trials sections but still well worth the trip.

non bike vacation for me next week, I had a wicked ride a vedder last night on the gasgas, little dusty and loose still but the recent rain helped alot

Aug. 18, 2013, 9:37 p.m.

I rode the summerland trails a few years ago, they are pretty fun, not as good as the stuff we have here IMO. they are more like moto trails with trials sections but still well worth the trip.

non bike vacation for me next week, I had a wicked ride a vedder last night on the gasgas, little dusty and loose still but the recent rain helped alot

We did some good ioco riding today. Back to basics and had fun

Any general access aera in summerland to look for or drive to? Wanna bring my bike but dont wanna just hope i find or poach something unplanned.

My try postil as an option

Blogging - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.

Aug. 18, 2013, 9:38 p.m.

We did some good ioco riding today. Back to basics and had fun

Any general access aera in summerland to look for or drive to? Wanna bring my bike but dont wanna just hope i find or poach something unplanned.

Might try postil as an option

Blogging - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.

Aug. 26, 2013, 2:48 p.m.

Hit up kelowna Vernon area last week.

Rode around postil which was pretty cool. There is a mix of mtb trails with some moto areas…..and lots of guns! Trip down mtb memory lane there for sure.

Also rode with Outlaw Dave in Vernon on Friday. As with all the old school trials guys he kills it at the age of 70 something. He had a more traditional take on riding and took me thru the paces of his course. We road about 10 different sections counting dabs! ha. Was good fun….

Aug. 26, 2013, 2:52 p.m.

upper mncnutt trails are super fun right now. I had a couple 6 liter days up there last week.

might be able to do an early IOCO or eagle lap this saterday. I need to start early to get home to the kidlets tho

Aug. 26, 2013, 3:35 p.m.

wow 6 litres! thats some epic riding…is your tank leaking! ha

I might be able to pull of something mid week? even early if I had too

Aug. 26, 2013, 3:36 p.m.

shulaps next week….. epic times

Aug. 26, 2013, 3:52 p.m.

What's your dates for the Shulaps?

Aug. 26, 2013, 3:54 p.m.

leave after work Thursday 6th for the weekend

also the kids really want to go to Kamloops before the season ends. mabey later in sept

Aug. 26, 2013, 4:02 p.m.

I hope to join….

Likely come up early Saturday spend the night and ride Sunday too.
Will try to be there Friday night but….am on the road most of that week so got pay the bills first

when you figure out a location to stay/camp/crash let us know…..not really sure of the exact destination here

apt you get that pig fixed up yet? Knight was keen to get it in the shop! then mine's up next ha

Aug. 26, 2013, 4:08 p.m.

I could take Monday the 10th off as an alternative to skipping out Friday if that works better for folks

Aug. 26, 2013, 5:35 p.m.

I'll likely be on Ando's weekend program. Probably go up Friday night.

Aug. 26, 2013, 5:38 p.m.

Got Heath Frisby out today on the trials…he had a blast…was a nice rest from him doing backflips all day at the PNE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbT4j8HLADY

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

Aug. 26, 2013, 6:08 p.m.

apt you get that pig fixed up yet? Knight was keen to get it in the shop! then mine's up next ha

The new shop is a lot cozier than the old one. I will have the room to work, but it is going to take some time to organize things. Until then, I may have to do a road trip to north van if apt needs a hand with his bike.

Aug. 26, 2013, 6:46 p.m.

You're all moved in and settled?