Travel Security

Jan. 4, 2009, 12:59 a.m.

So i am traveling for the first time off this chunk of land and heading too a country that has had some terrorist bomb attacks in the south Asia pacific.

And with all the action stirring in the middle east these days i think we can pretty much expect some sort of retaliation from the extremists. http://uk.reuters.com/article/oilRpt/idUKHOS84274820081228

So ya, since i leave next week i have been thinking up ways of stacking the odds in my favour… I will go disguised as a terrorist and rely on my acting skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92d1xtjXf8E

please feel free to pass on your travel safety tips
thanks

Jan. 4, 2009, 12:50 p.m.

Where exactly are you heading? To a country with a Muslim majority?

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 4, 2009, 1:10 p.m.

Indonesia, right?

Jan. 4, 2009, 1:36 p.m.

wear a t-shirt that says "i hate america praise allah" and you should be ok.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Jan. 4, 2009, 4:37 p.m.

Dirka dirka?

good call on the tee shirt but i may get rolled by a bunch of marines. I was thinking more like " infidels must die!"

this is were i am going http://www.voyage.gc.ca/countries_pays/report_rapport-eng.asp?id=239000

i am looking forward to it, its just to bad we need to think about this crap, i am not that worried but it is in the back of my mind.

Jan. 4, 2009, 9:04 p.m.

Philippines are nice, and relatively safe.
Wouldn't think twice about going there at all.

Walking around in Surrey is much more dangerous…

Where there are you heading?

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

Jan. 4, 2009, 9:11 p.m.

why is that

Jan. 4, 2009, 9:27 p.m.

why is that

Me thinks the Zah is afraid of you/

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Jan. 4, 2009, 10:09 p.m.

Philippines are nice, and relatively safe.
Wouldn't think twice about going there at all.

Where there are you heading?

Cebu a diving mecca the island is coral and its a really cheap once you get there. 30 per night for a modern clean furnished house with air. Maid that cooks for 200 a month including food, cheap boats, cars, scooters.

I have my "tour guide" lined up so i will have a good time

have you been there?

i pack heat in Surrey

Jan. 4, 2009, 10:22 p.m.

i pack heat in Surrey

in soviet surrey heat packs you.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Jan. 4, 2009, 11:30 p.m.

in soviet surrey heat packs you.

not really sure what that means but it sounds defiling

and painfull

Jan. 5, 2009, 12:42 a.m.

Cebu!? Shit… you're going to be accosted all right.

Not by terrorists - by Philippino women. Go to Costco and buy a crate of condoms.

Enjoy the diving! Haven't dove Cebu yet, but am going to soon.
If you're there for a while, definately hit up Bohol too. Lots of sharks [HTML_REMOVED] mantas.

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

Jan. 5, 2009, 5:49 a.m.

i think if you are polite and reserved then people will be the same to you. if you are being loud and talking at a high volume all the time people might assume your an American. it happened to a couple girls i was away with this summer.

Jan. 5, 2009, 7:33 a.m.

I'd say Mexico is more dangerous than Phillipines and when I was there I was unarmed, walked around village far from our resort with just one buddy until 4AM, trying to walk back to the resort hammered.

There were moments when a few drug dealers tried to rob(shank!) us but we now look back on those near-life experiences and laugh.

oh hai!

Jan. 5, 2009, 10:07 a.m.

Cebu!? Shit… you're going to be accosted all right.

Not by terrorists - by Philippino women. Go to Costco and buy a crate of condoms.

Enjoy the diving! Haven't dove Cebu yet, but am going to soon.
If you're there for a while, definitely hit up Bohol too. Lots of sharks [HTML_REMOVED] mantas.

ha ha ya thats what my girlfriend in Cebu tells me. Says that i will be like a movie star there. I think i will find it amusing… for a little while. The mall is the worst. Its a poor country and the girls flock there for a chance to get wined and dined and spend a week in a hotel or a chance to get to a first world country. So they are basically like high end prostitutes for cheap. And watch out for the she males there are loads of em.

Yes i am going to Bohol.