Toyota Yaris vs Honda Fit

April 4, 2016, 7:46 a.m.

Hertz gave me a Yaris on my last trip to SFO. Found it slightly cramped ( 6'1" ), and was noisy as hell on the highway at speeds of 60mph+.

Would not rent again.

April 4, 2016, 3 p.m.

Drive 'em both. Fit feels like a car and the Yaris feels like an empty pop can.

April 4, 2016, 3:11 p.m.

Reliability looks pretty good for either, though the newer Fit seems to be having issues.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

April 4, 2016, 3:26 p.m.

Hyundai Elantra Touring.

More room. Still ok on gas. Cheap.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

April 4, 2016, 11:57 p.m.

Hertz gave me a Yaris on my last trip to SFO. Found it slightly cramped ( 6'1" ), and was noisy as hell on the highway at speeds of 60mph+.

Would not rent again.

Both cars will have a lot of road noise. Hatchbacks are echo chambers, and there's little sound insulation in those cars.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 5, 2016, 5:57 p.m.

I like the Fiesta.

April 6, 2016, 1:08 p.m.

Drive 'em both. Fit feels like a car and the Yaris feels like an empty pop can.

This. Gf owned a fit, first gen, which is still in the family and runs like a champ. No issues, loads of room, decent economy for a 1.4 cvt (7,3 l/100 km city in winter driving, 6 litres extraurban with some relaxed highway driving).

The 2nd gen is supposed to be quieter and more frugal still.

The yaris is like a pedal car, no matter the model year.

April 6, 2016, 1:08 p.m.

I like the Fiesta.

Much smaller inside, but a much much better choice for dynamic driving.

April 6, 2016, 6:19 p.m.

Drove a 2016 Yaris and Fit back to back this afternoon.

The Yaris is the zippier car and a bit firmer suspension. Sightlines are similar, windshield is slightly lower on the Yaris. Seating position and comfort is similar (based on a test drive only of course).

The Fit has crazy utility and considerably more rear legroom. Maybe as much legroom as my Vibe. The folding rear seats and cargo layout on the Fit are ingenious. Would not be surprised if you could get 3-4 road bikes in there.

Nothing I read has mentioned this, but I'm impressed with the ability to store things behind your feet on the rear seats of the Fit. Perfect for soccer bags or a backpack.

Do the rear seats on the Fit feel any less solid/comfortable in actual use? They seemed indistinguishable from standard bench seats, but I only sat on them briefly.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

April 6, 2016, 10:56 p.m.

Strange. The Fit is a lot quicker in a 0-60. It also has a lot more rear legroom - even more than the Vibe.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 7, 2016, 9:32 p.m.

Drove a 2016 Yaris and Fit back to back this afternoon.

The Yaris is the zippier car and a bit firmer suspension. Sightlines are similar, windshield is slightly lower on the Yaris. Seating position and comfort is similar (based on a test drive only of course).

The Fit has crazy utility and considerably more rear legroom. Maybe as much legroom as my Vibe. The folding rear seats and cargo layout on the Fit are ingenious. Would not be surprised if you could get 3-4 road bikes in there.

Nothing I read has mentioned this, but I'm impressed with the ability to store things behind your feet on the rear seats of the Fit. Perfect for soccer bags or a backpack.

Do the rear seats on the Fit feel any less solid/comfortable in actual use? They seemed indistinguishable from standard bench seats, but I only sat on them briefly.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I've only sat in the back of our 2nd gen Fit a few times but they are plenty comfortable. At 6'2" I'm really surprised at how much room I've got back there. We've gone on some camping trips (car camping) and I've been blown away at how much stuff you can fit in the Fit and I could still manage to get my DH rig in there no problem. We added a hitch to our last one with a Thule T2 and it was a great hauler.

The 2nd gen is also significantly better than our 1st gen on gas. Granted we went with the manual this time around but in my estimates I'm getting around 20% better mileage which is pretty remarkable considering it's only a 40L tank.

If you're looking into the automatic do some research. The 2nd gen has the CVT which can be hit and miss. Hard to beat a Honda manual. All in all the Fit impresses me every time I drive it.

It's pretty much the perfect car. Fun to drive, great on gas, uber functional, the bitches love it…