torrents

Feb. 25, 2015, 1:50 p.m.

75% apparently Might switch to teksavvy once I finish school out of spite. If they let your unused bandwidth roll over to the next month is be fine with it.

It's good that they send a warning.

I think you can log into your Telus account and check your usage.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 26, 2015, 12:15 p.m.

Telus says they're going to start charging people who go over their data limit.

ELUS is introducing clear and simple usage-based Internet charges for home Internet customers who exceed their monthly data plan allowance, starting on March 2015 bills. The new charges are designed to ensure the amount customers pay for internet service reflects their actual data consumption – you pay for what you use. For customers who go over their monthly data allowance, TELUS will charge an additional $5 for the first 50 gigabytes (GB) of data, and $10 for each additional 50 GB. We are also introducing unlimited data add-ons for $15 a month for customers with TELUS TV, $30 a month for other Internet customers.

I would expect Shaw to start enforcing their "bump-up" plan, which they never really implemented, now that Telus has set the precedent.

March 28, 2015, 10:27 a.m.

Got a warning notice today. They encouraged me to write in and promptly take care of this matter. So…just carefully typing out my response. Might include my credit card info, home address and date of birth just to speed things up.

So….

Saw this recommendation.
https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

Any others?

March 28, 2015, 4:28 p.m.

Nope.

Used PIA for over 2 years now.

Cheap as borscht and does what it say on the packet.

Never dropped once and not a significant slow down using US based servers. If you use their UK servers can be a little slower.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

March 28, 2015, 4:56 p.m.

I've experienced slowdowns with their Seattle gateway. I also can't surf a lot of sites using their California gateway because it seems a lot of people used it to launch attacks from it.

So far so good though.

March 30, 2015, 6:24 p.m.

So…Quick question for PIA users. I pay my money, download my software, install it…then what? How do I turn it on? What notification does it give me that it's doing it's thing? Any bandwidth or time limits or anything?

Sorry. Total noob.

March 30, 2015, 7:02 p.m.

So…Quick question for PIA users. I pay my money, download my software, install it…then what? How do I turn it on? What notification does it give me that it's doing it's thing? Any bandwidth or time limits or anything?

Sorry. Total noob.

Go to the client support/download area.

It gives you instructions on how to set it up on your PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, android phone, windows phone.. Basically anything..

If you use their software there'll be a red or green dude in your tray. Green is connected.

March 30, 2015, 7:18 p.m.

So do these VPN sites have a big legal team, or are they stationed in some remote dictator controlled country?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 30, 2015, 8:03 p.m.

So do these VPN sites have a big legal team, or are they stationed in some remote dictator controlled country?

http://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-that-take-your-anonymity-seriously-2013-edition/

Basically sounds like they operate in countries without specific data retention laws, so they dump log files. And because the IP addresses they provide are shared, it would be impossible to distinguish who is torrenting a specific file (if they even had the logs for that, which they claim not to have).

March 31, 2015, 12:35 a.m.

Big Government, like the one we have now, haven't realized the need to mandate logging to satiate their desire to know what everyone is doing/saying.

If I were a Betting man I'd say it will be in place in five years.

Until then, use it while we got it.

March 31, 2015, 1:54 a.m.

It's surprising that there is no law covering this activity.

Then again, the US government did get upset when higher strength encryption was exported, when though they were already able to easily decipher it.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

July 21, 2016, 6:33 a.m.

KAT is down…:(

https://torrentfreak.com/feds-seize-kickasstorrents-domains-charge-owner-160720/

July 21, 2016, 6:39 a.m.

Man I was talking about switching to teksavvy last year?? No wonder telecoms continue to rape us if we're that complacent about it.
And yeah I wonder how long till the next site rises as leader.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Nov. 16, 2018, 1:32 p.m.

Anyone have an action sports torrent site?  Extreme bits my go to is no longer it seems.

Nov. 18, 2018, 2:05 p.m.

https://extremebits.net/