torrents

July 22, 2014, 9:35 a.m.

The ease at which you can pirate movies and tv shows and music here in China would blow your guys' minds.

I can click on movies and have them stream instantly at 1080p. When they're done streaming they stay on the hard drive as .rmvb files. The links all come from baidu.com which is China's google. It's all just out in the open.

You guys would need some basic Chinese skills and a Chinese proxy server though.. the links don't work in other countries.

In a word….TOR. You can do it anywhere. Not the safest though

**edit you can do this in Canada as well, it's not that difficult. Stream through browser with correct plugin. No big deal.

viperfunk.com

July 22, 2014, 1:14 p.m.

With kat i can usually get my fav show about an hr after its broadcast and dl in less than 10 minutes….

July 22, 2014, 1:20 p.m.

never used a torrent for anything - think the last thing that I dl'ed that was somewhat illegal was off of napster.

am i really missing much?

I'm ignoring Smedley.

July 22, 2014, 3:01 p.m.

With kat i can usually get my fav show about an hr after its broadcast and dl in less than 10 minutes….

I like KAT too. I find Pirate Bay too full of crap.

If you DL a lot of tv I find tvtorrents the best because it keeps track of everything and filters the results so there is only one avi, one mp4, and one mkv. It can be a little slow getting new shows up though, so KAT is my back up.

July 23, 2014, 10:20 a.m.

never used a torrent for anything - think the last thing that I dl'ed that was somewhat illegal was off of napster.

am i really missing much?

Free everything? Actually it's the easy access that's far more important to me than free.

I torrent a lot (well, not compared to some), and here's the way way I look at it. There's some great quality TV shows out there right now, and I'd pay to stream them (in HD) if I could, but I will not get cable and then pay for HBO on top of that (for example). Cable TV to me is an archaic technology that should have been surpassed by the Internet years ago. I pay for Netflix and thankfully some of the great shows are coming from them, so they get my money. Same goes for movies, release them in a format I want to see them and they'll get my money again. I got tired of hunting around through different online services to see if they carry that studios films. It's now either Netflix (which I have to use the US version to be useful) or straight to torrent.

For music, I pay for new music from small bands and bands I really like. In those cases I'll try and buy directly from them if possible before hitting the Amazon/itunes. Really old music, mega-huge bands, (generally) only mega labels are seeing that money, so it's torrents again for me. The reality is bands, (unless they're independent, self distributing) see their money from concerts and merch., and that's where I'll spend my cash.

July 24, 2014, 7:22 a.m.

soo, my usual stop for torrents -isohunt- hasnt been delivering lately, what sites do you commonly use and recommend?

What's a torrent? Isn't that when it rains really hard?

Libre? Libre como el vienta……

July 27, 2014, 6:42 p.m.

You guys using a proxy to dl torrents?

:canada: :swiss:

July 27, 2014, 9:22 p.m.

I've never bothered, but I'm a lightweight (3 or 4 TV episodes a week plus a movie once a month or so) downloader.

I've never gotten one of those cease and desist notices from Shaw.

July 28, 2014, 10:38 a.m.

You guys using a proxy to dl torrents?

I am using a seedbox.

July 28, 2014, 2:47 p.m.

"We are writing to inform you that TELUS has received a report that alleges that your TELUS Internet Service account has been involved in copyright infringement. This report was traced back to your account based on the IP address used at the time of this activity."

Anybody ever got one of these^^ messages from their internet provider?

"This IP address was assigned to your connection at that time. During the connection they say that they found that portions of the file "Once Upon a Time" was actively being distributed from your connection. They conclude that as they were able to extract a portion of the file once upon a time season 3 complete chamee from your connection that their exclusive distribution rights are being violated. They are asking that the file sharing stops immediately. Please note, we can trace the IP address to your account. The actual file could be shared from any computer behind your router, including ones that connect wirelessly "

it wasn't me but it could be one of my tennants, OR ????

July 28, 2014, 10:19 p.m.

If you own the connection and then share it out, you'll likely be held responsible.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 29, 2014, 12:43 p.m.

Dec. 10, 2014, 7:59 a.m.

Well the Bay of Pirates is down. Maybe forever, but probably not. Already it's popped back up at thepiratebay.cr, but I've yet to get search to work.

So, alternatives?

Dec. 10, 2014, 8:39 a.m.

Well the Bay of Pirates is down. Maybe forever, but probably not. Already it's popped back up at thepiratebay.cr, but I've yet to get search to work.

So, alternatives?

Search is working now…

Ride: Ibis Mojo HD
Club: CMBA
Talent: None
:beer::canada:

Dec. 10, 2014, 8:39 a.m.

Kickass Torrents is good Graham. EZTV is down too, I hear they are on the same servers….fingers crossed they come back up soon.