Toronto cops bag another 150 pounder

July 30, 2013, 4:14 p.m.

Do we know that the victim had 9 bullets in his body? Did the cop miss a bunch of times? Why was a gun needed in the fist instance? Tazer won't go through glass and I think you need to be relatively close so perhaps that was not an option. But would not simply waiting be such an option? Lots of questions need to answered.

Didn't you know? The NBR Illuminati are all knowing. They can based on a YouTube video have the compete story including what had occurred prior to the YouTube wideo. They are infallible and their omniscient abilities are only exceeded by the abilities of Carnac the Magnificient in devining the information.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 30, 2013, 4:34 p.m.

So it's now being reported that the Police not only did have a Taser, but they used it on the suspect…… after he was shot 9 times.

iforonewelcome.com

July 30, 2013, 5:15 p.m.

^ a cynic might say that they were setting up the "he kept coming even after I tazered him" defence.

Almost as convincing as the chewbacca defense

July 30, 2013, 6:05 p.m.

So it's now being reported that the Police not only did have a Taser, but they used it on the suspect…… after he was shot 9 times.

Using the taser on him after the fact is pretty incriminating. It's like they knew they fucked up and tried to cover immediately.

July 30, 2013, 6:21 p.m.

This!

It was pretty obvious in the video they used the taser after they shot him up.

Also, only an idiot uses a gun to wound someone, police are equiped with "less-lethal" implements of force so they don't need to use lethal force with their firearms.

At least they didn't go ww3 on his ass and shoot up the whole city block like they sometimes do, maybe they need a promotion for that.

July 30, 2013, 9:48 p.m.

I ride the bus daily with bat f'n crazy wack jobs and never feel threatened. these cops need to grow a pair or find a new career.

July 30, 2013, 10:53 p.m.

So while everyone is so busy slagging the cops because obviously they are the cause of everything?

Let us look at the bigger problem….Sammy apparently was diagnosed with Schizophrenia.

http://globalnews.ca/news/748636/toronto-police-conduct-under-spotlight-in-yatim-shooting/

So, do we continue to bitch about the cops? Or do we put some more effort on dealing with what the actual problem is, the failing of our mental health system? Sure the cops may have made mistakes and there will be more then enough hand wringing over their actions. But far greater failures occurred prior to this 15 year old being aboard a street car.

I wonder if the family was having a hard time dealing with our medical system? A situation made worse by how we as a society treat people with mental illness in this country. In a what if scenario…this could easily be my Aunt in Law who suffers the same illness from Marpole who did the same on a Granville trolley bus in downtown Van.

Maybe Sammy in a moment of clarity decided he couldn't take the pain he felt his ilness was causing him anymore and wanted a way out.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

July 30, 2013, 11:11 p.m.

So while everyone is so busy slagging the cops because obviously they are the cause of everything?

Let us look at the bigger problem….Sammy apparently was diagnosed with Schizophrenia.

http://globalnews.ca/news/748636/toronto-police-conduct-under-spotlight-in-yatim-shooting/

So, do we continue to bitch about the cops? Or do we put some more effort on dealing with what the actual problem is, the failing of our mental health system? Sure the cops may have made mistakes and there will be more then enough hand wringing over their actions. But far greater failures occurred prior to this 15 year old being aboard a street car.

I wonder if the family was having a hard time dealing with our medical system? A situation made worse by how we as a society treat people with mental illness in this country. In a what if scenario…this could easily be my Aunt in Law who suffers the same illness from Marpole who did the same on a Granville trolley bus in downtown Van.

Maybe Sammy in a moment of clarity decided he couldn't take the pain he felt his ilness was causing him anymore and wanted a way out.

Right.

And if that is indeed the case, the idea that brandishing a knife that size, a dozen feet away from a cop earns you 9 bullets from a handgun is just as absurd of a failure as not helping the kid in the first place.

July 30, 2013, 11:23 p.m.

So, do we continue to bitch about the cops?

YUP! in this thread its appropriate, as is defending their position if one feels the shooting was warranted.

I started the thread to get discussion going on the cop's actions specifically, the other night in Toronto, when confronted with the situation as it unfolded. Not to provide a another fucking platform for whining about how society ignores those with mental health issues, and the failure of our mental health system.. There's plenty of other threads about that stuff, where you can go do that,
or just hit the new thread button and start this weeks mental health discussion.

July 30, 2013, 11:25 p.m.

Right.

And if that is indeed the case, the idea that brandishing a knife that size, a dozen feet away from a cop earns you 9 bullets from a handgun is just as absurd of a failure as not helping the kid in the first place.

I don't know if its changed, but cops used to tend to have virtually no training in dealing with or handling mentally ill people even though a lot of day-to-day policing revolves around people with some kind of mental illness or other.

July 31, 2013, 1:26 a.m.

Sure the cops may have made mistakes and there will be more then enough hand wringing over their actions.

By hand wringing your mean wrist slapping. And yes, there will be "more then enough" of it. They should start hand cuffing cops instead.

July 31, 2013, 3:20 a.m.

can always count on endura to back up the licensed thugs. ….G20 fiasco?….

there are dozens of ways that kid could have been subdued without lethal force….a big stick, bucket of KFC, kind words……

It will get to the point were people will be thankfull for getting tased and not blasted.

July 31, 2013, 4:58 a.m.

can always count on endura to back up the licensed thugs. ….G20 fiasco?….

there are dozens of ways that kid could have been subdued without lethal force….a big stick, bucket of KFC, kind words……

It will get to the point were people will be thankfull for getting tased and not blasted.

Never said I backed the cops. But you can always count on NBR do dog pile on a narrow part of the story.

Please continue the way you are till the next mentally ill person has a break down of some kind and is killed by the cops. And let us ignore the issue which is how we treat those who are mentally ill in this country.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

July 31, 2013, 6:56 a.m.

YUP! in this thread its appropriate, as is defending their position if one feels the shooting was warranted.

I started the thread to get discussion going on the cop's actions specifically, the other night in Toronto, when confronted with the situation as it unfolded. Not to provide a another fucking platform for whining about how society ignores those with mental health issues, and the failure of our mental health system.. There's plenty of other threads about that stuff, where you can go do that,
or just hit the new thread button and start this weeks mental health discussion.

Wow, so if it involves mental health it is whining. Yet if this was Cancer that led to this it would be a totally different response.

Guess the kid should have walked of Scizophrenia …asshat.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

July 31, 2013, 8:01 a.m.

Wow, so if it involves mental health it is whining. Yet if this was Cancer that led to this it would be a totally different response.

Guess the kid should have walked of Scizophrenia …asshat.

:lol: this so reminded me of this pic

now back to regular programming:

Way to go heros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy2zsuRyjaQ