Toronto cops bag another 150 pounder

July 29, 2013, 10:51 p.m.

looks like sammy stepped forward just before they shot him.
was there anybody in the drivers seat? i could see shooting the guy if he's going to attack an innocent driver with his knife.

why no taser/nonlethal/rubber bullets?

sad.

July 30, 2013, 1:35 a.m.

looks like sammy stepped forward just before they shot him.
was there anybody in the drivers seat? i could see shooting the guy if he's going to attack an innocent driver with his knife.

why no taser/nonlethal/rubber bullets?

sad.

Just him and the cop. No one else in there.

www.ryanrose.ca

Yeah?

July 30, 2013, 1:37 a.m.

The kid was the only person on the bus. Linked CBC story raises all the right questions.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/07/29/toronto-streetcar-shooting-video-questions.html

I'd like to know the median age of that group of cops in the vid.

I drive Vancouver for a living and look down into a lot of cop cars and what strikes me is how young they all look. Like they're 2, maybe 3 yrs on the force.

They look like kids really, fresh out of the acadamy paired together.

Seems as though they should be paired with a senior officer, you know, someone who's seen their share of violence and the carnage caused by the working end of a gun as a tempering influence.

Then again maybe old cops got brutal, cynical habits the force is trying to break the cycle?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

July 30, 2013, 4:40 a.m.

I guess out of swarm of cops bumbling around all forgot their tasers…..except the one at the end who zapped the already down bipolar kid…..cuz he still may be a threat with nine rounds in him….alone….on a bus.

Half the amount of police…no guns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFddlI9QHJk

come to think of it…the brits never even killed the terrorists that beheaded a man. They shot to wound so the courts and family could have justice.

Trigger happy clown in Toronto was judge,jury,executioner and coward.

open season on the mentally ill.

July 30, 2013, 6:46 a.m.

Fire is directed accurately at the target's centre of mass from as close range as possible. Flying bullets are dangerous mmmmkay? Shooting at anything but the centre of mass also will endager others in the vicinity.

Nah, they may rip expensive bus seats OMG!

treezz
wow you are a ass

July 30, 2013, 7:35 a.m.

I'd like to know the median age of that group of cops in the vid.

I drive Vancouver for a living and look down into a lot of cop cars and what strikes me is how young they all look. Like they're 2, maybe 3 yrs on the force.

They look like kids really, fresh out of the acadamy paired together.

Cops aren't young … you are old. It has been said that you know you are getting old when even cops look like kids.

July 30, 2013, 7:52 a.m.

This story is full of holes.

Pastor of Muppets

July 30, 2013, 7:52 a.m.

Too soon?

Pastor of Muppets

July 30, 2013, 10:38 a.m.

So what constitutes the level of danger that allows for firing your weapon? I can't imagine I would be afraid in that situation if I was one of the cops and nobody else was on the bus. The one woman cop is talking on her radio and appears to almost be bored even when they fire. If there is an excuse for this I am not seeing it.

July 30, 2013, 10:57 a.m.

This story is full of holes.

Furfari paving can fix that.;)

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 30, 2013, 12:35 p.m.

didn't even watch the video , but my question is , and i know it may sound stupid simple . . .

why don't they just throw a net over these guys to subdue them ?

July 30, 2013, 12:48 p.m.

or just let him sit in the bus until he calms the fuck down. I blame rob ford

July 30, 2013, 1:10 p.m.

Or don't even fucking shoot him at all.

On the surface, it looks like they used lethal force for no other reason than to avoid overtime. The dude was alone in a bus, VERY unlikely to harm anyone but himself. Why the fuck would you shoot a gun at him in the first place, let along 9 fucking times?!?

Do we know that the victim had 9 bullets in his body? Did the cop miss a bunch of times? Why was a gun needed in the fist instance? Tazer won't go through glass and I think you need to be relatively close so perhaps that was not an option. But would not simply waiting be such an option? Lots of questions need to answered.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

July 30, 2013, 1:28 p.m.

Do we know that the victim had 9 bullets in his body? Did the cop miss a bunch of times? Why was a gun needed in the fist instance? Tazer won't go through glass and I think you need to be relatively close so perhaps that was not an option. But would not simply waiting be such an option? Lots of questions need to answered.

I think we're in total agreement, non?

iforonewelcome.com

July 30, 2013, 1:47 p.m.

i once asked my father inlaw the same ?? as he was a 25yr vet with Vancouver he said i,m not trained to wound i,m trained to kill when put in that position when one needs to draw their firearm

Because vancouver police pull their firearm less than 5 times in their careers if at all.. Buddy had a knife not a gun.

Fuck that bullshit response. You are trained to use a gun, learn to fucking aim it and hit his leg or arm. Or are you that shitty at your chosen career that you can't do it properly?

Yeap, police, they "save" our lives and kill others behind a badge.

Clunking is for retards.