top gear

July 26, 2010, 10:15 p.m.

Do you even watch f1?

You are such a troll……

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

July 27, 2010, 3:22 a.m.

No. But I would if it were good.

oh f off. Some show puts together a best of clip of a driver and then suddenly "oh if it was that intresting i'd watch it"

Senna was great, but there were many great drivers over the years, like villiveeneanevnaneue, schumi, raikonnen, hakkainen, hamilton, alan prost etc… I really hate when people bash f1 for being too boring and say there is not enough passing when this season alone if people paid attention to mid grid has probably been one of the more entertaining season in years.

July 27, 2010, 3:23 a.m.

I watch F1 and that comment is totally valid. A great driver could make the difference in the 80's. That is not the case anymore due to aerodynamics and that is what is wrong with the sport.

yeah, we should totally stick chandock in a redbull and watch him win!

July 27, 2010, 4:24 a.m.

oh f off. Some show puts together a best of clip of a driver and then suddenly "oh if it was that intresting i'd watch it"

Senna was great, but there were many great drivers over the years, like villiveeneanevnaneue, schumi, raikonnen, hakkainen, hamilton, alan prost etc… I really hate when people bash f1 for being too boring and say there is not enough passing when this season alone if people paid attention to mid grid has probably been one of the more entertaining season in years.

So you pretty much missed the point of the whole Senna thing…

You come off as if you enjoy posting about F1 and how much you like/know about it, rather than actually enjoying the sport. I know I don't read every post, so I might have missed it… but, have you ever actually posted what you like about F1? Why you like it more than the other factions. Everybody else seemed to give a reason to why they have an opinion, except you.

July 27, 2010, 8:44 a.m.

yeah, we should totally stick chandock in a redbull and watch him win!

Stick Kubica in a Redbull and yes he would win.

Alonso couldn't overtake Massa even though he was apparently faster and had to be let through. If he was faster in an LMP, GT, touring car etc he would have been able to pass. That is the problem with F1.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

July 27, 2010, 9:14 a.m.

Wow! best episode this year thats for sure. The Bugatti really is a engineering marvel, just in the quick interior shots the level of detail is amazing, and the fact that a car that big/heavy can go 430km/h! Watching the lap was hilarious, Jeremy was right that it did look fake as it accelerated out of corners, just too fast!

Cruise and Diaz were great, both had solid looking laps but I guess thats what you get after 20+ years of stunts in an around cars. Tom's last corner was the most bad ass I've seen on the track.

Senna tribute was touching, as he really was the best F1 driver of all time. Growing up I remember his controlled recklessness on the track was amazing to watch. The bit where they were talking about him finding "grip" everywhere on the track was my favorite bit as his car dances around eating it up, shame you don't see much of that skill anymore.

10/10

July 27, 2010, 9:28 a.m.

Who said Alonso could not overtake Massa?
Ferrari did not want him to try , which is the real issue with what happened on the weekend.(well try again, he really only had the one attempt on a corner that it was not going to fly on)

LMP, Daytona protos, TC etc are all a compromise in terms of engineering, which makes them much less interesting for me. None of them are open wheelers either, so of course you can pass more aggressively as it doesn't matter quite as much if you rub in the corners.

Senna was a master, but he also made a name for himself in the most exciting time in F1 engineering as well.

July 27, 2010, noon

Stick Kubica in a Redbull and yes he would win.

Alonso couldn't overtake Massa

you mean even though they have the same car?

July 27, 2010, 5:02 p.m.

Who said Alonso could not overtake Massa?
Ferrari did not want him to try , which is the real issue with what happened on the weekend.(well try again, he really only had the one attempt on a corner that it was not going to fly on)

LMP, Daytona protos, TC etc are all a compromise in terms of engineering, which makes them much less interesting for me. None of them are open wheelers either, so of course you can pass more aggressively as it doesn't matter quite as much if you rub in the corners.

Dig deeper into your reasoning and you'll see we're saying the same thing. Ferrari didn't want him to try to overtake because he would potentially take Massa and himself out of the race. It's impossible to follow through a turn close enough to overtake on the following straight due to the dirty air behind the lead car. Like I said, too much aero over mechanical grip = shit racing.

I don't think LMP1 cars are as compromised as F1 cars anymore. The average speed for the 24H of Le Mans this year was 225kph! BTW nothing is as compromised aerodynamically than open wheel cars. If the rules allowed F1 would be full body aero overnight.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

July 27, 2010, 5:04 p.m.

you mean even though they have the same car?

Yes even though he's a double world champion and apparently faster he couldn't or wasn't allowed to risk overtaking.

- Morgman

July 27, 2010, 10:40 p.m.

If a sandwich shop used to make really good sandwiches, like totally excellent stuff, but then they start making bland sandwiches that are all kind of the same, wouldn't you go somewhere else?

How is it any different with motor sports for entertainment?

www.vitalmtb.com