Top 10 most hated jobs (CNBC.com) ...

Jan. 20, 2012, 2:22 p.m.

It is. But 50% of the time people will phone in damages they accuse us of having caused. (fish tanks that broke 5 blocks away) or generally being crybabys.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 20, 2012, 3:26 p.m.

2. Director of Sales and Marketing
A director of sales and marketing plans implements efforts to promote companies and generate business. Responsibilities often include budget management, public relations, and employee training.

Sales and marketing directors reported the second-highest level of job dissatisfaction of all survey respondents. The majority who responded negatively cited a lack of direction from upper management and an absence of room for growth as the main sources of their ire.

Really? In my company the next step from this is Vice-President, followed by CFO. If they didn't think they were executive material, why would they take this career path?

After my recent life lessons, I've realized that we really do make our own paths… to go from a piss-on laborer to a district manager in 3 years was pretty good, I'd imagine that a creative and intuitive sales director can make some pretty gigantic leaps. Americans are going to be extinct soon.

Jan. 20, 2012, 3:37 p.m.

Really? In my company the next step from this is Vice-President, followed by CFO. If they didn't think they were executive material, why would they take this career path?

After my recent life lessons, I've realized that we really do make our own paths… to go from a piss-on laborer to a district manager in 3 years was pretty good, I'd imagine that a creative and intuitive sales director can make some pretty gigantic leaps. Americans are going to be extinct soon.

DOS's usually work a lot of hours and take the rap for others' poor performance. hell, you jumped ship after a few weeks of long hours. imagine making it your career and the money isnt worth the time

Jan. 20, 2012, 3:40 p.m.

DOS's usually work a lot of hours and take the rap for others' poor performance. hell, you jumped ship after a few weeks of long hours. imagine making it your career and the money isnt worth the time

My boss likes it. And the long hours thing is a choice at the level of a corporate director. You're on call all the time, but most things can be handled between 9 and 5… except in budget season.

Jan. 20, 2012, 3:55 p.m.

I spent three years as sales manager for a multi million dollar company. I made enough to pay off my house in that time, and damn near lost my marbles due to travel, stress, and answering to a boss who had no fucking clue what the market was doing. I think that's where the unhappiness comes from. Also, engineers really got under my skin.

Jan. 20, 2012, 4:11 p.m.

Americans are going to be extinct soon.

I wouldn't be so quick to make that judgment based on a marketing exercise put on by CareerBliss…

Jan. 20, 2012, 4:41 p.m.

Also, engineers really got under my skin.

Amen.

To think I almost became one….

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 20, 2012, 6:42 p.m.

I'd definitely take McD cashier over being a senior web developer.

tommrorow. mom took the van/

Jan. 20, 2012, 7:04 p.m.

Being a CNC machinist I think it's one of the top ten best jobs. Just sayin

Ya this one surprised me. Is it unliked because of writing the program? Confused

yeah bro!!

Jan. 20, 2012, 7:07 p.m.

Ya this one surprised me. Is it unliked because of writing the program? Confused

maybe because some jobs take a day or more (custom rims)? might get boring watching a machine

Jan. 20, 2012, 8:34 p.m.

Also, engineers really got under my skin.

yeah. it's such a drag when people inform you of actual reality.

Jan. 20, 2012, 10:04 p.m.

:lol: at that… once had an engineer design hanging doors with aluminum wheels in an aluminum track. The friction was so great the (very large) doors wouldn't move… from this single experience 8 years ago, I've extrapolated that engineers know nothing.

Jan. 21, 2012, 2:03 a.m.

Does not compute.

Jan. 21, 2012, 9:58 a.m.

Typical engineer response, "we are the most important people here!"
Go cry on your calculator, strahan. Sales trumps all other others. We make the money, while you come up with new ways to make our jobs harder.

:lol:

Jan. 21, 2012, 1:19 p.m.

Sales trumps all other others. We make the money, while you come up with new ways to make our jobs harder.

typical self-important attitude of a good sales person. actually i've always worked to keep teams horizontal with the technical people close to the end-user (outside customer) and production/manufacturing (inside customers).

Of course, a great sales person recognizes that by respecting their team [HTML_REMOVED] making reasonable project goals while not over-promising and under-delivering the whole organization achieves greater things.