Tool

Oct. 7, 2019, 8:34 a.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

Posted by: grambo

Waiting on 2020 tour dates....

me too, Although im almost tempted to just go wherever they are playing for the fuck of it.

I even re listened to 10000 days over that last couple weeks, Jambi definitely grew on me, i used to think it was kinda boring till I read the lyrics, and that left handed strumming from adam jones, wow! the wings for marie songs are still pretty meh, Rosetta stoned is probably one of my favourite tool songs ever.

Oct 20/21 in LA is the closest venue.

Nov. 4, 2019, 9:22 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

At the risk of disappointing Kram again I'm sharing this video of a song from Puscifer's new album. Good to see Maynard hasn't lost his voice at least.

Bit late to this party. Kinda gave up on thinking there'd ever be a new album. And kinda gave up on NSMB for quite a long time after not being able to log in when the 'new' site went live. Haven't been back long enough to even know if you're still around Fast Orange.

Listened to the new album and thought it sounded like a greatest riff's album and wasn't too enthused. Then listened some more, and more. Now it's making it's way up; above 10,000 days for me now. Had quite a satisfying listen today.

As others have noted 7empest is noteworthy. Also really enjoying invincible.

So, yeah. Hello again Tool fans.

Last edited by: _kram_ on Nov. 4, 2019, 9:25 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
April 8, 2020, 11:57 p.m.

I can still confirm, Tool is really, really good.

April 9, 2020, 9:52 p.m.

Posted by: JBV

ok guys, so which one Tool record should i get?  what is the most logical starting point?  the latest one, or????

If you're anything like me, it will take a long fucking time to get into it.

And then when you do, watch out.  You just found Jesus and you'll need to tell the world.  My apologies all.

Opiate is raw.  I don't listen to it much.

The rest I love.

If I were forced to order it I'd go from worst to best:

Undertow -> 10,000 Days -> Lateralus -> Aenima -> Fear Inoculum

That said, I love all of those releases, so I feel bad sorting them.

April 10, 2020, 12:25 a.m.

I'm still besides myself in the revelation their 13 year old latest album is my favourite ever.

It's almost like they know what they're doing.