Tool

March 7, 2014, 8:19 p.m.

In case I somehow miss it, seeing that Tool is currently shaking off the cobwebs and touring in the states and their new album is coming out soon… please let me know if you see a Vancouver date.

I'll be very disappointed in you if you fail me.

PS: Their new album can't be as good as their last four, right? I get the feeling I'm setting myself up for major disappointment seeing as how high they've set the bar.

March 7, 2014, 9:36 p.m.

Saw them last night in Portland. Great show.

www.vitalmtb.com

March 7, 2014, 9:37 p.m.

Man I wish they came closer this tour, I still regret not taking time to see them when they came here last.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

March 7, 2014, 10 p.m.

Do they have a date for their new album? I'm expecting it to be half decent at least. They've only been working on it for like..13 years.

www.natooke.com

March 7, 2014, 10:07 p.m.

10000 days came out in 06, its been 8 years since that album came out. Although I can see why you would not remember it.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

March 7, 2014, 10:40 p.m.

repost 4 awesomeness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYKLvYGqaC0

Pastor of Muppets

March 8, 2014, 5:26 a.m.

10000 days came out in 06, its been 8 years since that album came out. Although I can see why you would not remember it.

Ah yess, oops. I totally should have known that. I barely even count that one.. 8 years is no short amount of time either.

Regardless of whether it's good or not it will certainly be their last ever.

www.natooke.com

March 8, 2014, 7:36 a.m.

repost 4 awesomeness

These fuckers actually got me to listen to Ænima for the first time in years. I also told my kids they disappoint me.

March 8, 2014, 7:36 a.m.

Saw them last night in Portland. Great show.

Any new songs?

March 8, 2014, 8:26 a.m.

Saw tool their last trip here. WOW. Such a great show. huge backdrop that just sucked you into their show

March 8, 2014, 11:04 a.m.

No new songs. From what I understand it was a pretty standard setlist from the last few years. One of the cooler moments was when they played Intension and brought the mood down a notch, really got me into the moment. They had this thing out above the audience, definitely made me feel more included or something. The lasers were fantastic. At one point they had three spotlights on each side of the stage firing onto a disco ball way at the back, looked like cannon fire from a warship.

A great show from start to finish.

www.vitalmtb.com

March 8, 2014, 4:09 p.m.

No new songs. From what I understand it was a pretty standard setlist from the last few years. One of the cooler moments was when they played Intension and brought the mood down a notch, really got me into the moment. They had this thing out above the audience, definitely made me feel more included or something. The lasers were fantastic. At one point they had three spotlights on each side of the stage firing onto a disco ball way at the back, looked like cannon fire from a warship.

A great show from start to finish.

I'd pay to see them play right now. I just can't afford the time to go to one of their shows down south.

I can't remember their setlist from July 2010. All I remember is that I fucking loved it.

March 8, 2014, 7:01 p.m.

Apparently the album is complete. Haven't heard of a release date yet though. I'm sure it'll be a good one. It took me a while and more than a few listens to get into each album after their releases. It was almost like a seed was planted after the first listen and took time to grow and I think that's good for an albums staying power. I could listen to any their albums and never grow tired of them and I seem to hear something new every time.

March 9, 2014, 8:41 a.m.

Stumpy I'm the same. I was skipping The Pot for the first few months when 10,000 Days was out and then I saw it live and it's now one of my favorite tracks. I think I've listened to lateralus at least 1000 times even though I was initially disappointed. I still listen to it regularly today. The longer it takes to warm up to, the more staying power it seems to have. Weird but true. There's only one other band that satisfies my on the same level as tool and that's radiohead (and not surprisingly it takes multiple listens for me to get into their new offerings each time), however they are for polar opposite moods. Two bands that release far too little material, but you can count on it being mind blowing if you take the time to get into it.

March 9, 2014, 11:37 a.m.

Apparently it was a joke. They've been working on it since 2011

Ha Ha! Made you look.