Time: The Kalief Browder Story

Sept. 17, 2017, 9:05 a.m.

It details the story of a 16yr old boy who got arrested for supposedly stealing a back pack and then spent the next 3 years in jail, most of that in solitary confinement, without even getting a trial. He was finally released, only to end up committing suicide. The injustice system in New York killed him. 

If you get a chance this is definitely worth a watch.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 17, 2017, 3:49 p.m.

He's lucky he was in solitary imo. Some kids have to play basketball in Pitt Meadows!

Sept. 17, 2017, 5:37 p.m.

Jesus. 

I'm not going to watch. Was he black?

Sept. 18, 2017, 10:25 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Jesus. 

I'm not going to watch. Was he black?

yup. go watch.

Sept. 18, 2017, 12:07 p.m.

Not a fucking chance. I'll stick to people-saving-animal vids thankyouverymuch.

Sept. 18, 2017, 12:27 p.m.

[sniff]I prefer animal-saving-animal vids.[/sniff]

Sept. 20, 2017, 2:21 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

It details the story of a 16yr old boy who got arrested for supposedly stealing a back pack and then spent the next 3 years in jail, most of that in solitary confinement, without even getting a trial. He was finally released, only to end up committing suicide. The injustice system in New York killed him. 

How on earth is that (i.e. no trial and three fucking years) even possible? And not sure if I want to watch it. I need some

Sept. 20, 2017, 6:31 a.m.

Posted by: Mic

How on earth is that (i.e. no trial and three fucking years) even possible? And not sure if I want to watch it. I need some

Mom was poor and couldn't afford the $3000 bail. Trial was delayed because witness was in Mexico and couldnt be tracked down. Don't watch, it'll only make you angry.

Sept. 20, 2017, 9:07 a.m.

Posted by: T-mack

Mom was poor and couldn't afford the $3000 bail. Trial was delayed because witness was in Mexico and couldnt be tracked down. Don't watch, it'll only make you angry.

Oh wow, that is truly a fucked up situation. I really think a state should jump in if a mother can not afford the bail. But then again, guilty until proven innocent, eh? So all in all another kid's life has been wasted because of what? Bureaucracy? Inequality? Wow, just wow. I really hope that karma is a hammer.

Sept. 20, 2017, 12:11 p.m.

Posted by: T-mack

Oh wow, that is truly a fucked up situation. I really think a state should jump in if a mother can not afford the bail. But then again, guilty until proven innocent, eh? So all in all another kid's life has been wasted because of what? Bureaucracy? Inequality? Wow, just wow. I really hope that karma is a hammer.

The reason he was detained was because he was technically on probation from joyriding in a bakery truck when he was 16. Nevertheless the whole thing was a miscarriage of justice.