Tim Thomas snubs Obama...

Jan. 23, 2012, 11:55 a.m.

So Timmy Thomas decided to not attend the annual "Meet the President" as the 2011 Stanley Cup Champions, as he is a Republican.

He was the main reason why the Bruins won the cup, and he was the recipient of the Conn Smythe for playoff MVP.

He was also the only American on the team.

I always thought Americans respected the Office, regardless of the administration that holds it…Guess not.

What a joke.

PS: Thomas is from Flint, Michigan. Widely known as the most liberal city in the US.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2012/01/tim_thomas_decl.html

Jan. 23, 2012, noon

they only respect the president when its a republican.

in the same way that i dont respect harper cause hes a buffoon

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 23, 2012, 12:21 p.m.

Tim T is one of the most arrogant douchebags to have ever strapped on skates. And in a world of Roys and Hulls, that's saying a lot.

Jan. 23, 2012, 12:57 p.m.

What a douche.

Jan. 23, 2012, 1:04 p.m.

Great…like I needed another reason to hate the Bruins. What a team of asshats.

Wrong. Always.

Jan. 23, 2012, 1:07 p.m.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2012/01/19/video-jon-stewart-vindicates-canuck-fans-everywhere/

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 23, 2012, 1:25 p.m.

Thomas you are a douche. Show some respect.

Jan. 23, 2012, 2:15 p.m.

I personally think Obama is a good guy, but really, showing deference to someone simply because they are a politician is the vestiges of a bygone era when people were forced to show deference to nobility and royalty, no matter if they were big losers and duchebags.

I say if he doesn't like Obama, its his right to not meet him. I certainly would not turn down such an opportunity, but I would probably turn down the op to meet Stephen Harper if I was ever given the chance, unless it was so he could hand me a bottle of 25-year-old Scotch or something.

Jan. 23, 2012, 2:34 p.m.

I personally think Obama is a good guy, but really, showing deference to someone simply because they are a politician is the vestiges of a bygone era when people were forced to show deference to nobility and royalty, no matter if they were big losers and duchebags.

I say if he doesn't like Obama, its his right to not meet him. I certainly would not turn down such an opportunity, but I would probably turn down the op to meet Stephen Harper if I was ever given the chance, unless it was so he could hand me a bottle of 25-year-old Scotch or something.

Politely opting out of a visit is one thing. But making a statement to the press that announced a specific time (6:00 tonigt) at which you're promising to explain the politics behind why you didn't attend, during an election cycle, makes you a pundit and a douchebag.

Jan. 23, 2012, 2:43 p.m.

Exactly.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
— Sigmund Freud

:canada: :usa:

Jan. 23, 2012, 2:56 p.m.

Didn't know this;

While his politics aren't common knowledge among many hockey fans, Thomas hasn't hidden his political leanings. He's a fan of former Fox News Channel host Glenn Beck, once saying he aspired to appear on Beck's talk show as a guest.
Big Government, a website founded by conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart, celebrated Thomas as a "true Tea Party patriot" for having "In God We Trust" and the Gadsden flag on his mask.

Yup, he's a douche. He donates to Freedomworks too.

Jan. 23, 2012, 3:10 p.m.

Jan. 23, 2012, 3:38 p.m.

I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT

lol

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=613279

Jan. 23, 2012, 3:48 p.m.

I'd still let him play goal for my team.

Jan. 23, 2012, 3:53 p.m.

Politely opting out of a visit is one thing. But making a statement to the press that announced a specific time (6:00 tonigt) at which you're promising to explain the politics behind why you didn't attend, during an election cycle, makes you a pundit and a douchebag.

Yeah, whatever. If you are emotionally invested in the musings of some guy somewhere who plays hockey for a living, then you are no different. His loss … he probably missed out on some good chow.