Tickets

Nov. 14, 2005, 6:45 p.m.

So yesterday on the Coquihala I received a ticket for speeding and having too many passengers. This sneaky undercover cop car was so sneaky it even had a bumper sticker saying "I :heart: BEEF". Anyways, I got $196 and 3 points for speeding, and $106 and 3 points for having too many passengers. The license that I have allows me to get 4 points before I lose it. Now I kind of need my license, living about a half hour from the university I attend. I will also need my license in the summer to work to earn money to continue my post-secondary eduction.
I have an excellent plan though. On January 28, 2006, I will be able to get rid of my N for my full license. I have 30 days to dispute this ticket, so if I wait as long as I can, then dispute, the court date will most likely be well after January 28. The wording on the back of the ticket makes it sound like if I dispute, the charges won't be official until after the court date. So if I'm right, I won't get these 6 points until after I have my full license. Therefore I won't lose it. Anyone think this will work?

www.gnarwhale.com

Nov. 14, 2005, 6:48 p.m.

same thing happened to a buddy. They made damn sure he wasnt getting his new license until his suspension had been served

Nov. 14, 2005, 6:49 p.m.

can you drive right now tho?

minus signature

Nov. 14, 2005, 6:53 p.m.

Ha ha

That is all.

Nov. 14, 2005, 6:55 p.m.

If you dispute it, it will take way longer than a month to get into court. Mine took 13 months when I disputed it.

Dispute it, and try to make a deal with the cops that you want no points. When I went in with mine (I got a reduced fine) Another guy there didn't want points, so they changed the ticket from the driver to the registered owner. He still had to pay full ticket, but didn't get any points on his license.

Long story short, dispute it, and ask for no points on your license. From what it sounds like, it shouldn't be too hard.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

Nov. 14, 2005, 7 p.m.

If you really need your license why were you
a) driving too fast
b) had too many people in your car?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Nov. 14, 2005, 7:04 p.m.

fight it to the death!!!

I was pulling out of work, after being waved through by a guy in the lane i had to enter before I could make my left turn. So I start making my turn and BOOM. I get t-boned by this lady. Anyways long story short, the dam cop charged ME with reckless driving, illegal left turn, fined me $150 and 3 points. I aswell didn't have my full licence, and being from Ontario and already getting raped by the insurance companies, i decided to fight it. 2 years later, I finally got a court date, had some before but they were dismissed due to the fact the lady who hit me never showed up and didn't want to press charges, and it was dropped.

I know this isn't anything like your case but all i can say is its worth fighting. Hire X-Coppers and let them deal with it. as long as they can keep getting your court date move, your generally in the clear. The officer usually wont show up after the 2nd court date so you should be good. Get off scott free, with the exception of spending a couple hundred, which over the long run is going to be way less than paying those tickets and having your insurance going up.

hope this helps.

Life always works it self out in the end.

Be like me, ride your bike.

Nov. 14, 2005, 7:32 p.m.

If you really need your license why were you
a) driving too fast

Because I'm H-A-R-D. Going the flow of traffic is definately a rebellious thing to do. Since I was following someone else who passed the police car, I probably only got pulled over because I had the N on the back.

b) had too many people in your car?

Me and a friend who lives in Kamloops now were going to Victoria to visit friends who live there now. One of my buddy's roommates was going to Victoria to visit her family for the weekend, and we were going at the exact same time, so she asked my friend if she could catch a ride with us instead of taking the bus. Of course I'm going to agree because
a) I'm not a mean person.
b) I've been driving with more than the allowed amount of passengers since I got my license, and having police do nothing when I was pulled over 4 or 5 times with having too many passenger, I start to think they don't really care too much. I think the 1 passenger rule is ridiculous.

www.gnarwhale.com

Nov. 14, 2005, 7:36 p.m.

Thats why you don't display your N like I do. Cops are not as hard on you when they think you have your class 5.

Nov. 14, 2005, 8:01 p.m.

Because I'm H-A-R-D. Going the flow of traffic is definately a rebellious thing to do. Since I was following someone else who passed the police car, I probably only got pulled over because I had the N on the back.

I think the 1 passenger rule is ridiculous.

Had I known the hardness of you I would not have been a smart alleck.

P.S. I thought you had like 6 people in your car when you should have only had like 5. I had no idea groms were only allowed themselves +1 in the vehicle.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Nov. 14, 2005, 8:02 p.m.

Had I known the hardness of you I would not have been a smart alleck.

P.S. I thought you had like 6 people in your car when you should have only had like 5. I had no idea groms were only allowed themselves +1 in the vehicle.

you = old man#2.4

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Nov. 14, 2005, 8:42 p.m.

Thats why you don't display your N like I do. Cops are not as hard on you when they think you have your class 5.

Damn straight! Untill they catch you. I got caught with no N and luckily talked my way out of it. Now I always have it on and drive sanely.

Hug a logger, you'll never go back to trees

Nov. 14, 2005, 8:47 p.m.

Kyle, I experienced the same thing. I got suspended for 2 months even though I wrote a kickass letter. I never even got their letter of suspension until halfway through when the letter said the suspension was supposed to start, and when I took it to the driver's services they just ignored me when I said I just got it and told me that I'd get it back in a month, so I only really had one month of no driving where I flexed my muscles and rode bikes.

Nov. 14, 2005, 8:59 p.m.

dispute the points, get your class 5.. dont be lazy like me and re-start all over again. stupid gas pedals…

Nov. 14, 2005, 9:33 p.m.

is that like the very worst advice ever given?

turn off sigs…it will change your life