Three dead after vehicle vs. train

May 4, 2010, 8:15 p.m.

Odd situations can happen, blaming someone without knowing what actually happened is pointless and claiming that there is no excuse for being on the rails is plain ridiculous. I said it myself in my OP that people should be careful around trains. That said, there may be car accidents, malfunctions, seat-belt jams, panic attacks etc.

Sure, don't run the lights, obey the stop sign - especially at rail crossing, no one is arguing that. But sleeper's post is just another rant of someone who has something on his mind. That doesn't make him right, just angry.

Edit:

Just read up on more news about this, CN will be investigating if the crossing arms were working, the man was driving his kids to school in that truck, the weather was bad, as you can tell from the picture. No one knows what happened yet.

May 4, 2010, 10:28 p.m.

10 feet on either side of the rail ties end is Railway property, aka private property. As well.

May 4, 2010, 10:39 p.m.

looks kinda snowy there

It IS Winterburn road.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

May 4, 2010, 10:44 p.m.

And as far as that accident goes, it doesn't look too bad, looks like the engineer dumped his brake pressure into emergency pretty quick. From that picture the car looks barely damaged.

It's not a car

It was a 3/4 ton pickup

May 5, 2010, 12:03 a.m.

i'm not getting in the middle of this one, but in blizzard and white out conditions, the driver might not have even known he was at/on or even near the tracks. One winter I had to drive down the switchback between Grande Cache and Hinton in a whiteout. now this road is two lane, narrow shoulders and in places shear drops on either side. I was in trouble and couldn't even see the shoulder of the road to pull over safely and was inching along when an ambulance passed me and realized that i was in trouble and pretty much slowed up lead me down the mountain.

just sayin' weather conditions might have played a larger factor in this than driver error so before you start mouthing off about what you don't really know show some respect for the mother who just lost her kids.

i'm a has been, trying to be a never was on the comeback trail.

May 5, 2010, 5:42 a.m.

The fire department was supposed to be the ones to jack the train off if the person is still alive but now we have to!

Not sure how it will help anyone,but that's one massive handjob.

Pastor of Muppets

May 5, 2010, 6:23 a.m.

It's not a car

It was a 3/4 ton pickup

How dare you question Sleeper!!!…he works for the railway…..of course it is a car!…."it doesn't look that bad" (quoting sleeper again):lol:

May 5, 2010, 10:39 a.m.

Just read up on more news about this, CN will be investigating .

thats like getting the Vatican to investigate alter boy fucking

May 5, 2010, 12:41 p.m.

Seriously, for a train accident that car is in pretty good shape. Usually it's an un recognizable chunk of metal.