Those who pass with silence but left a mark on the world

Dec. 13, 2011, 9:55 a.m.

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

Dec. 13, 2011, 10:13 a.m.

I instantly respect Dennis more than Jobs for 2 reasons.

1. All the hard to read looking books piled up on and around his desk
2. He's wearing a shirt with a collar and proper sweater over top.

Dec. 13, 2011, 10:51 a.m.

A few of which he probably wrote. Including this gem:

Dec. 13, 2011, 10:55 a.m.

I instantly respect Dennis more than Jobs for 2 reasons.

2. He's wearing a shirt with a collar and proper sweater over top.

… plus he actually did something other than just package and market other people's work :eek:

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love."

Dec. 13, 2011, 11:01 a.m.

Enough with the geek worship. These people aren't Jesus. Hell Jesus ain't even Jesus. Let's ride our bikes ffs.

OK bye.

Wrong. Always.

Dec. 13, 2011, 11:03 a.m.

I don't have a lot of experience with C, but have used it enough to be hugely impressed by the intellect of the architect who put it all together.

Dec. 13, 2011, 7:40 p.m.

Enough with the geek worship. These people aren't Jesus. Hell Jesus ain't even Jesus. Let's ride our bikes ffs.

OK bye.

yea there's no "C" in biking or snowboarding, so i just don't really care that much. i think i'd almost be happier without a computer and technology sometimes. not saying i don't respect the guy but ya, same reason i don't have cable. living your life through the eyes of others is pretty wack steez.

tommrorow. mom took the van/

Dec. 13, 2011, 7:48 p.m.

Programming in C++ Blows! Thank God someone did it so I don't have to

vimeo
Flickr

Dec. 13, 2011, 8:12 p.m.

10 PRINT" Sorry but I don't really care……"
20 GOTO 10

treezz
wow you are a ass

Dec. 13, 2011, 8:47 p.m.

yea there's no "C" in biking or snowboarding, so i just don't really care that much. i think i'd almost be happier without a computer and technology sometimes. not saying i don't respect the guy but ya, same reason i don't have cable. living your life through the eyes of others is pretty wack steez.

Not like these computers don't help design or test bikes or anything… Probably written in a variant of C…

Just saying.

Dec. 13, 2011, 8:57 p.m.

Not like these computers don't help design or test bikes or anything… Probably written in a variant of C…

Just saying.

i'd probably be happy with some crudely designed steel bikes haha. my gear is always oldschool i just like it like that. i've tried really expensive new age gear and always went back to my older more simple shit from bikes to golf clubs to boards.. hell i've bought a bunch of new boards and sold them all. i hear what you're saying, it's not a well thought out point i'm making so i'm definitely not gunna argue it much.

tommrorow. mom took the van/

Dec. 13, 2011, 9:07 p.m.

A few of which he probably wrote. Including this gem:

Brian Kernighan is a Canuck. Anyway, no matter where you live, no matter what you do you depend on information technology for your food, water, communication, heat, electricity, transportation, entertainment … so unless you are an A'wa Indian in the Amazon or something like that you can dispense with the "I don't have any use for technology …" crap.

Dec. 13, 2011, 9:08 p.m.

OK bye.

Wow. Youre really cranky these days eh? Your lesbian lover not giving you any sugar?

I have a great amount of respect for people that do fairly impressive things just because they have a gift and want to do them. Earning money and accolades are secondary to just doing good work and advancing their field. Computer science is better off for having people like Dennis as a contributor.

Dec. 13, 2011, 9:21 p.m.

It was the beans.

Dec. 13, 2011, 9:38 p.m.

If no presentation was made to impress, it probably didn't matter…

but really, its pretty disturbing to know te impat of pop ulture…. guess wi letters on my keyboard aren't working at te moment. Gotta loe dell.