This wouldn't have happened if CCW...

Feb. 2, 2013, 1:29 p.m.

I'm not trying to start an argument about mental health here enduramil, but I'm an RN at SPH and I work with many people with mental health issues on a daily basis. I'm not just reading internet news and spewing second-hand opinions.

I am guessing you are also someone with a connection to mental health in some fashion as well, based on your comments, so I'm not going to argue.

But you are not helping with the knee-jerk assumption that because they have demonstrated they are a danger to society, they must have mental health issues. The corollary assumption being that everyone with mental issues is dangerous.

Feb. 2, 2013, 7:32 p.m.

But you are not helping with the knee-jerk assumption that because they have demonstrated they are a danger to society, they must have mental health issues. The corollary assumption being that everyone with mental issues is dangerous.

Not at all what I said. Not everyone with mental health issues is dangerous. However, for someone to do something this horrific and random, they must have some mental health issue. There is a difference.

Feb. 2, 2013, 7:38 p.m.

Some people are just plain evil, it makes it more comfortable for people to deal with it when they are labelled like victims themselves.

Back in the 70s, 80s, and even the 90s, nobody uttered the word "evil". Well maybe unless they discussing the feats of Evel Knievel. The word was associated with things that have been discredited - witchcraft, black magic, ghosts and other scary shit. The word had rightly passed from use and was pretty much in the dead region of the language.

And then came George W. Bush.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Feb. 2, 2013, 10:41 p.m.

Do people who stab loads of people in the face think of puppies and penguins all day, and give plenty of money to charity? Are they nice happy well rounded individuals? Or is there the slight chance that there is something just a little bit 'wrong' with them? I'm really struggling to think of the answer to this :rolleyes:

treezz
wow you are a ass

Feb. 3, 2013, 2:47 a.m.

Meanwhile in the USA even an ex navy seal with over 100 kills couldn't protect himself against a crazy asshole with a gun…

http://www.wfaa.com/news/national/189548811.html

Join SIMBS and help mountain biking on the Rock

Get out of the way, freedom's coming through!

Feb. 3, 2013, 3:56 a.m.

Not at all what I said. Not everyone with mental health issues is dangerous. However, for someone to do something this horrific and random, they must have some mental health issue. There is a difference.

Or they are mentally fine but have morality issues. In my opinion, this is just as much cause for concern.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 3, 2013, 4:43 a.m.

Meanwhile in the USA even an ex navy seal with over 100 kills couldn't protect himself against a crazy asshole with a gun…

http://www.wfaa.com/news/national/189548811.html

That article is missing a key fact. Kyle was volunteering at a program for vet's with PTSD. You can apologize for your comment now.

http://sofrep.com/16838/chris-kyle-another-brother-lost/

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Feb. 3, 2013, 8:03 a.m.

It's like the whole country is suffering from PTSD.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 3, 2013, 8:20 a.m.

There are a lot of first world problems for people to get worked up over.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Feb. 3, 2013, 8:21 a.m.

Nah, it's normal to have the highest murder rate in the first world. Carry on folks, nothing to see here…

Feb. 3, 2013, 8:25 a.m.

Hey look, another subject you don't understand. :fruit:

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Feb. 3, 2013, 9:20 a.m.

Hey look, another subject you don't understand. :fruit:

I await your thesis on the subject.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Feb. 3, 2013, 9:54 a.m.

That article is missing a key fact. Kyle was volunteering at a program for vet's with PTSD. You can apologize for your comment now.

http://sofrep.com/16838/chris-kyle-another-brother-lost/

Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't a shooting range be the last place someone with PTSD would want to be?

Feb. 3, 2013, 10 a.m.

Good job Detroit has tough gun laws. Extra safe.

Feb. 3, 2013, 10:11 a.m.

Ya totally. having to carry a gun to protect yourself from the crazies is totally the best solution to the problem.

Ha Ha! Made you look.