This mornings Lions Gate gong show...

Jan. 31, 2013, 6:24 p.m.

Lets say the average Police Officer is paid $30 an hour. How much would it cost VPD or RCMP or whoever to send another officer to reverse the cruiser 100 meters down the bridge to the pull out. Lets say that worked out at two man hours work so $60

Lets say the average worker in downtown earns $25 per hour. Multiple minimum of 15000 people inconvienced by one hour each…do the math….

And just to be perfectly clear, this is NOT got anything to do with compassion for the victim as that is completely independant of the police actions….

Let's say the average worker makes $900 an hour and they're all hot women and they all want me.

Then let's say only three people were inconvenienced this morning. Would what happened today be ok?

Jan. 31, 2013, 6:48 p.m.

wtf, gover? this thread is full of shitty comments. An emergency on the part of emergency workers means an inconvenience on your part; you chose to live across the river… if you don't like to be late for work, leave early enough that a clogged bridge won't make you late. I spend hours crawling behind wide loads that take up the entire highway, rig moves, and people from BC who can't go faster than 50 on gravel roads… I leave an hour before I need to be at my destinations every single day to accommodate these inconveniences - you'd think this wouldn't be an issue for a 10 K drive… just take the extra time and work out or something. I didn't think there was so much douche on this board.

Jan. 31, 2013, 7 p.m.

It sounds like you consider yourself a victim of the situation, would you like some compassion?

No…why would I expect faux compassion for some random person off the internet?

Same as I dont provide faux compassion for someone I don't know but thats not relevant to the original point I made, which was questioning police processes which,apparantly, NEEDLESSLY cause numerous people to late for work, miss flights, miss doctors appointments or whatever - the fact the original cause happens to be a suicide is irrelevant.

(Someone within whatever layer of government is responsible for Lions Gate did some math and decided the province/city/metro van is too cheap to install suicide nets and that, it seems is where the compassion is missing)

Jan. 31, 2013, 7:22 p.m.

There are plenty of non "look at me I'm an attention whore" ways to kill yourself than jumping off a bridge, you should try a few.

Hmmm.. This speaks volumes about how you view the problem.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 31, 2013, 7:28 p.m.

The alex fraser and tunnel were both fucked today.

Jan. 31, 2013, 8:17 p.m.

When I was arriving on my bike over the Lions gate around 8:00 AM

I seen the lineups, then the police tape.

my heart sank…

I knew at that moment what was to be. I did hope for a protest perhaps with green peace posting a sign below the deck as they have before. But as I crossed mid span I understood that was not the case.

A moments silence for a brother or sister who has taken the step they did not need to.

To many times I have seen this happen…

Jan. 31, 2013, 8:22 p.m.

When I was arriving on my bike over the Lions gate around 8:00 AM

I seen the lineups, then the police tape.

my heart sank…

I knew at that moment what was to be. I did hope for a protest perhaps with green peace posting a sign below the deck as they have before. But as I crossed mid span I understood that was not the case.

A moments silence for a brother or sister who has taken the step they did not need to.

To many times I have seen this happen…

A guy (pressumably) died tonight, after getting crushed at work today.

Sad how some throw away what others never had a chance to hold onto.

Jan. 31, 2013, 8:30 p.m.

A guy (pressumably) died tonight, after getting crushed at work today.

Sad how some throw away what others never had a chance to hold onto.

A few years back I was riding home and this old man was at the yellow phone both on the Lions gate. He was standing right in front of it, just looking at it…

I did not realize at that second, as I past what was going on but latter heard that an old man fitting the description I had seen bounce himself off the bridge pillars just a few moments later.

But I hold this haunting memory forever.. If I had seen, I could have spoken to him about the passion of life. Invited him to dinner with my family…

What have, should have, could have.

Haunts me to this day…

A lesson I did learn.

Jan. 31, 2013, 9:37 p.m.

A few years back I was riding home and this old man was at the yellow phone both on the Lions gate. He was standing right in front of it, just looking at it…

I did not realize at that second, as I past what was going on but latter heard that an old man fitting the description I had seen bounce himself off the bridge pillars just a few moments later.

But I hold this haunting memory forever.. If I had seen, I could have spoken to him about the passion of life. Invited him to dinner with my family…

What have, should have, could have.

Haunts me to this day…

A lesson I did learn.

The common generosity to talk to random strangers on the street is lost in todays society, along with things like morals, and giving a fuck.

Clunking is for retards.

Jan. 31, 2013, 9:39 p.m.

Hmmm.. This speaks volumes about how you view the problem.

People die, get over it. I've mourned many a family member, which made me appreciate life.

You really can't say anything unless you know the full story.

Clunking is for retards.

Jan. 31, 2013, 10:33 p.m.

Sorry to hear your commute was inconvenienced. I wonder how the day went for the family of the deceased?

Jan. 31, 2013, 11:14 p.m.

I wonder how the day went for the family of the deceased?

Pretty shitty I imagine…just like it would be for approx 170,000 other families who had someone, somewhere around the globe, die today…

Jan. 31, 2013, 11:18 p.m.

6061. Great troll or lousy human

Not sure which

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Jan. 31, 2013, 11:58 p.m.

the cops should have just moved the car

Feb. 1, 2013, 4:57 a.m.

They should just build another bridge for people to jump from that wont inconvenience drivers that dont give themselves enough time to get where they're going.

PEOPLE HAVE PLACES TO BE!!!!

Pastor of Muppets