This Is the Year Donald Trump Kills Net Neutrality

Jan. 27, 2017, 3:43 p.m.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP has tapped Ajit Pai, the Federal Communications Commission’s senior Republican member, to head the regulatory agency. The appointment, announced by the FCC today, does not require congressional approval since Pai is already an FCC commissioner.

The agency’s net neutrality rules, which re-classified internet service providers as “Title II” common carriers similar to utility providers, are amongs the rules Pai hopes to whack. “On the day that the Title II Order was adopted, I said that ‘I don’t know whether this plan will be vacated by a court, reversed by Congress, or overturned by a future Commission. But I do believe that its days are numbered,'” Pai said at the Free State Foundation event. “Today, I am more confident than ever that this prediction will come true.”

But even with a majority, FCC Republicans might not be able to easily turn back the clock, Wheeler argued in a farewell speech earlier this month. “The effort to undo an open Internet will face the high hurdle, imposed by the Administrative Procedure Act, of a fact-based showing that so much has changed in just two short years that a reversal is justified,” he said.

In that regard, the Republican-dominated congress will likely be a bigger threat to net neutrality regulations and other existing FCC powers. The GOP has been working to kill the FCC’s net neutrality rules since before they were even passed by the agency.

https://www.wired.com/2017/01/trumps-fcc-pick-signals-end-net-neutrality-efforts/

Maybe someone can find a Cdn. version of below?

http://act.demandprogress.org/sign/tell-congress-stand-free-and-open-internet-and-protect-net-neutrality/?sp_ref=264408882.325.178031.e.565876.2[HTML_REMOVED]source=sp-email

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 27, 2017, 4:24 p.m.

Kills implies future tense. Pai has already started. American innovation is going to be pretty hamstrung for the next eight years at the very least.

Jan. 27, 2017, 10:30 p.m.

You better put the tinfoil back on buddy….you're going deep into the dark side now…Amigo!

Jan. 27, 2017, 10:38 p.m.

Imagine letting car companies buying highways and only letting their brand use it.

This is politics at its best.

Now let's argue over which side shits on the carpet more than the other.