This is how RC cars get carried away..

July 1, 2011, 2:11 p.m.

For the price of both of those you could have bought a car and made it 1000 times more useful and fun to drive than a toy…

to each his own

Clunking is for retards.

July 1, 2011, 2:44 p.m.

still think a 2 stroke racing kart would be much more fun and way less lame.

4500 bucks gets you pretty much a top of the line race kart that goes 145km/h and pulls 3 Gs in the corner and does 0-60mph in like 3 seconds. with you driving.

An RC car lets you stand and hold a controller while your toy zips around. Could be fun for a lil while but would get boring fast i bet.

what a waste of money.

July 1, 2011, 3:18 p.m.

still think a 2 stroke racing kart would be much more fun and way less lame.

4500 bucks gets you pretty much a top of the line race kart that goes 145km/h and pulls 3 Gs in the corner and does 0-60mph in like 3 seconds. with you driving.

An RC car lets you stand and hold a controller while your toy zips around. Could be fun for a lil while but would get boring fast i bet.

what a waste of money.

Lol way to rain on his parade guys..harsh crowd it seems!

I reckon it looks sweet mate, must chew up the grass with those tyres on there haha!

July 1, 2011, 4:15 p.m.

yes. must be a waste of money if your not interested. if your interested in it the money is well spent. but thx.

Also have you looked into Go karts? My friend builds them and if you think 4500$ gets you much worth bringing to any track.. you must be mistaken. The engine alone in a Good 4 stroke go cart is about 3500$ then comes the 4 wheel disc. the Trans.. Then comes the Gas and the Hauling and the track fees..

This is 4500$ Goes over 128mph clocked at mission race way and you can sit and drink while you do it. it also Cost me a whopping 5$ in gas for over 5 hours of run time.

Also did you factor in Fire suit that is needed. also Helmet… Tires.. start at 190$…

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 1, 2011, 4:22 p.m.

whats up with the funny tires?

July 1, 2011, 4:29 p.m.

Paddle for the sand?

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 1, 2011, 4:53 p.m.

yes. must be a waste of money if your not interested. if your interested in it the money is well spent. but thx.

Also have you looked into Go karts? My friend builds them and if you think 4500$ gets you much worth bringing to any track.. you must be mistaken. The engine alone in a Good 4 stroke go cart is about 3500$ then comes the 4 wheel disc. the Trans.. Then comes the Gas and the Hauling and the track fees..

This is 4500$ Goes over 128mph clocked at mission race way and you can sit and drink while you do it. it also Cost me a whopping 5$ in gas for over 5 hours of run time.

Also did you factor in Fire suit that is needed. also Helmet… Tires.. start at 190$…

There's a new track is being built here (Near Mt.Prevost in Duncan) to replace the one that got shut down. Can't wait to check that out, I never raced but my brother did.

July 1, 2011, 5:09 p.m.

That be nice. There's one in the wack. And f440

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 1, 2011, 9:16 p.m.

There's a new track is being built here (Near Mt.Prevost in Duncan) to replace the one that got shut down. Can't wait to check that out, I never raced but my brother did.

duncan is still a shit hole

Ha Ha! Made you look.

July 1, 2011, 10:16 p.m.

Have you looked into karts?

Likely not if you used the sentence 'good 4 stroke kart' - unless your talking about a shifter kart.

4 strokes are for amateurs.

You can get a very good race worthy 2 stroke touch and go RACE kart for 4500 bucks:

http://italianmotors.com/collections/tag-karts-15up/products/elite-andiammo-package

and also a slightly used shifter kart for $4500

http://italianmotors.com/collections/frontpage/products/6500-00

Both those karts world class racing karts that are well worth bringing to any track.

Also, you dont need a fire suit since you arent trapped in a kart in the rare event that a fire erupts. Kart suits are just abrasion resistant in case of crashes and cost about $90. Any DOT helmet is valid and those are not too pricey.

Track fees can be expensive, but its about the same cost as skiing lift ticket same as day at the track. Yearly track pass same price as a seasons pass at like grouse or seymour.

So getting a real racing experience in karting costs about the same It seems as playing with high powered RC toy cars.

not to be a dick and hate on your RC car, but it just seems like a pricey hobby where you arent actually moving or exercising.

July 1, 2011, 10:49 p.m.

Goes over 128mph clocked at mission race way and you can sit and drink while you do it. it also Cost me a whopping 5$ in gas for over 5 hours of run time.

Fack, that thing goes faster than me, and if I were to drink it would delay my reaction time :P. Your machine looks sweet man, get some one to point a camera at it next time your rippin' it around!

July 1, 2011, 11:12 p.m.

duncan is still a shit hole

You should spend some time in Chemainus.

So Rossco, what type of tires are you using if you're running the car up to 200kph?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 1, 2011, 11:29 p.m.

Hostile is the brand. they have Zero Growth foam inside so you Do not blow your tires off..

there's lots of exercise in RC.. every time it flips 100ft away you gotta go get it. Also it weighs in at about 39lbs for the twin and 36lbs for the single.. thats a beast to carry all over

166mph
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLOGAvhyJ84

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 2, 2011, 12:12 a.m.

Is tire temperature an issue? That is, do you run different compounds and tire design on hot days?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 2, 2011, 12:33 a.m.

there's lots of exercise in RC.. every time it flips 100ft away you gotta go get it. Also it weighs in at about 39lbs for the twin and 36lbs for the single.. thats a beast to carry all over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLOGAvhyJ84

so thats like unloading your mountain bike of the roof rack and walking to the trail head 100 ft away - yea lots of exercise…