The Walking Dead...dragging on so far in season 2 (merged)

Nov. 16, 2011, 8:25 p.m.

Im still diggin it, not near as good as sons though.

Sons and parks and rec.

Nov. 17, 2011, 11:50 a.m.

How about when buddy falls on his own arrow - the same arrow that's gone through a shitload of zombies. Should he not be a zombie now in the same way one of them bites you? FAIL

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin

Nov. 17, 2011, 12:01 p.m.

How about when buddy falls on his own arrow - the same arrow that's gone through a shitload of zombies. Should he not be a zombie now in the same way one of them bites you? FAIL

They never did fully specify the mechanics of the transmission of zombification.

Nov. 17, 2011, 12:18 p.m.

They never did fully specify the mechanics of the transmission of zombification.

It must only be from bites, because the amount of zombie blood flying around when they smash heads in would have infected them all by now.

Nov. 17, 2011, 2:58 p.m.

It must only be from bites, because the amount of zombie blood flying around when they smash heads in would have infected them all by now.

I'm willing to give the writers a little lee way on the whole 'reality' of the transmission etc - considering it's the zombie apocolypse.

Nov. 17, 2011, 4:02 p.m.

I'm willing to give the writers a little lee way on the whole 'reality' of the transmission etc - considering it's the zombie apocolypse.

I definitely give the writers a lot of leeway. For example, in a world where virtually everyone is dead I think Glenn might have had a bit of a fight on his hands for a piece of this…

Nov. 17, 2011, 4:04 p.m.

I definitely give the writers a lot of leeway. For example, in a world where virtually everyone is dead I think Glenn might have had a bit of a fight on his hands for a piece of this…

Shane would, and should, take Glenn out…

Nov. 17, 2011, 4:05 p.m.

Most of my thoughts have already been summarized.

Its definitely a much slower show this season, and other than Shane and Darrel everyone else is getting on my nerves. I get the contrast between Ricks approach and Shane's, and how it envelops the feelings of both men for whats her name, but Rick is unbearable this season. What a dweeb!

Secondly, the realism factor from season one seems to be going out the window. I know, realism in a zombie apocalypse is not something you expect, but Season 1 established a reasonable guideline for what we can expect from the world. Season 2 seems to have lost that along the way.

Nov. 17, 2011, 5:45 p.m.

i blame the farm..

its simply been in this seasons story line for WAYYY to fukn long..

seriously move on already.

Nov. 17, 2011, 7:09 p.m.

here's a question: why do the have what must be the world's shittiest 1970s vintage motorhome when there must be hundreds of newer, nicer motorhomes just sitting around for the taking?

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

Nov. 17, 2011, 9:43 p.m.

here's a question: why do the have what must be the world's shittiest 1970s vintage motorhome when there must be hundreds of newer, nicer motorhomes just sitting around for the taking?

I too always question the practicality of people in those scenarios. Get new cars, not old beaters that are prone to creating " holy shit were stuck" scenarios. And as you point out, judging from the highway scenes, no shortage of vehicles to choose from.

Also, regarding the flashback; Atlanta gets carpet bombed to presumably kill the infested. Yet in season 1 a significant portion is spent in the city, I don't recall seeing everything torched, and I certainly remember plenty of zombies.

Nov. 17, 2011, 10:09 p.m.

I too always question the practicality of people in those scenarios. Get new cars, not old beaters that are prone to creating " holy shit were stuck" scenarios. And as you point out, judging from the highway scenes, no shortage of vehicles to choose from.

Also, regarding the flashback; Atlanta gets carpet bombed to presumably kill the infested. Yet in season 1 a significant portion is spent in the city, I don't recall seeing everything torched, and I certainly remember plenty of zombies.

how much of Atlanta did you actually see in those episodes? not too much mostly centered around the one building and the old folks home, a pretty big city doubt they could torch every last inch.

Lets not dwell on the continuities…. it's a zombie show. I am mostly complaining that they havent found sophia or left the farm yet. I have a feeling this new scenario is either going to drag on, or end the farm stay right away.

Nov. 17, 2011, 11:10 p.m.

28 weeks is good as well. My favorite zombie movie though is Outpost. Great flick.

watched, Outpost, not bad.. story was a little weak, but for apparently super lo budget, pretty good.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Nov. 17, 2011, 11:47 p.m.

The latest episode was actually not that bad when it focused on Daryl - the only character who's not a crying pansy. That was a good little story line. I really don't like anybody but him, Glenn, and the old guy with the RV. Enough drama with everyone. Rick's a bitch, the old guy at the farm pisses me off, Rick's wife should get an abortion already and stop crying, and the blonde girl's an idiot who shot Daryl in the face after clear instructions to not do shoot. Anyways, it was a decent episode I guess. Better than the last few….

Really they should either leave the house for good or kill that old guy who is a jerk. It's time to move on and forget about the little girl or find her already.

Nov. 18, 2011, 7:31 a.m.

I saw that after the show one week they had a chat show called "Talking Dead". Have they abandoned that crappy idea yet?