The Walking Dead...dragging on so far in season 2 (merged)

Nov. 13, 2011, 10:13 p.m.

The Walking Dead is by far the best show on TV. Big budget, zombies, post apocalypse.
the first season was only 6 episodes,but they packed alot into those episodes, and had us all chompin at the bit waiting for season 2….11 months later.

A few things have happened, nothing that one or two episodes would have taken care of last season. But 5 episodes in, the girl is still missing, glen got laid, Shane did what he needed to do to survive, and we all knew she was pregnant.
They are still in the same place… come on, do something!

I know this last episode ended with a bang, but how long are they going to drag that situation out for? are they just going to forget about sophia, and pretend she never went missing.

Season 2 is starting to tun into "Lost" 1 little drama per episode, but nothing happening in the big picture.

Nov. 13, 2011, 10:15 p.m.

I agree. Season 2 is way too slow thus far. I haven't seen tonight's episode, but it seems like the last 4 episodes could've happened in 2 episodes instead. Not a fan of this dragged out/slow time stuff.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

Nov. 13, 2011, 10:20 p.m.

i just started watching it tonight and it seems pretty ballin'

Nov. 13, 2011, 11:38 p.m.

Cant say id disagree with anything thats been said so far. Its certainly dragging on too much, can't say Id stop watching it because of that fact though lol

Nov. 14, 2011, 3:22 a.m.

Yup. Writing is kinda crap, they're hung up on a boring story line, and there is still no real character development. It makes me bored. Just kill the kid and forget about this stupid plot line. Moar zombies, less crap drama please and thanks.

Nov. 14, 2011, 7:45 a.m.

you guys know the budget got axed, thats why the original guy doing stories and directing quit right ???

the bean counters want to make it more human story less zombie apoc.

this what we are seeing now..

and i do agree this season has been boring compared to the first.. get away from the fukn farm already… theres a whole world full of zombies to see yet.. lets go

Nov. 14, 2011, 8:25 a.m.

Why do they need to expand the season to 14 episodes? I liked that the first season was six. Short compact, and didn't overstay it's welcome.

Nov. 14, 2011, 9:39 a.m.

All that time they spent at the church was a bad sign. Boring and really did nothing in terms of moving the plot along or even character development.

The show has also lost most of its humour.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Nov. 14, 2011, 9:44 a.m.

Yeah, it's certainly dull. We just keep watching it in the hope that something will actually happen.

IIRC Madmen / Badmen or whatever it's called has sucked the money away from shows like this. I'm not sure how a few people sitting around in an office smoking fags can do this though….(yawn).

treezz
wow you are a ass

Nov. 14, 2011, 10:10 a.m.

Ahhh. that makes sense. I didn't watch the first season, I just caught the finale and then started watching this season and I thought the zombies were lacking.

Nov. 14, 2011, 10:30 a.m.

caught a friend up and rewatched Season 1. way better

Nov. 14, 2011, 10:47 a.m.

too much group drama, get moving find Merrel, im sure the girl will show up soon and then the mom will die or some dumb shit, proving they should have left her in the start. The old dude's even agrees he wants them the fuck off his farm so he can hang with his zombie homies in the barn.

Nov. 14, 2011, 11:12 a.m.

the old dude wants to get his Zombie rave started back up..

so get off mah lawn..

Nov. 14, 2011, 12:33 p.m.

^^ Wait what, zombies in the barn? No spoiler alert. Dammit I had it PVR'ed! The episode was called "chupacabra" too, just to add insult to injury.

Nov. 14, 2011, 12:41 p.m.

^^ Wait what, zombies in the barn? No spoiler alert. Dammit I had it PVR'ed! The episode was called "chupacabra" too, just to add insult to injury.

I have to say it, you could see from a mile away that there was a "dark secret" lurking at the idyllic farm.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk