The textbooks you need thread:

Dec. 18, 2006, 6:09 p.m.

If you're gonna shop Powells, then take the weekend off and drive down. I could spend DAYS in that store…it's so awesome.

True, but sometimes you don't have a whole weekend to devote to book shopping. There are a bunch of used book stores near Powells too.

While in Portland you can also check out Universal Cycles, then head out to Hood River to ride Surveyor's Ridge [HTML_REMOVED] then Bingen, Wash. for Syncline.

Dec. 18, 2006, 9:13 p.m.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=Books

for searchable online copies of various biomedical textbooks. Not very printer friendly though.

Dec. 19, 2006, 6:51 a.m.

Wow that website has everything, anyone have any idea as to how reliable it is? Something about paying 1$ for a 100$ book that makes me uneasy.

I bought my microbiology textbook from there and it was the exact same one as in the bookstore for half the price. It shipped really fast I think it was less than 5 days from Singapore

Dec. 22, 2006, 1:51 a.m.

I bought an "international" edition of an ENSC book, "Designing with Op Amps" or something for a class. The bookstore price was like $170 I got mine for $50 including shipping on e-bay. so what if it's only for sale in India, pakistan and Bangladesh..

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Jan. 1, 2007, 12:19 a.m.

Another good source for used books is Powell's in Portland. I've recently bought a stack of California [HTML_REMOVED] Oregon mtn bike trail books from them, along with a couple of authors that I like.

http://www.powells.com/

Oh man that place is huge. I went to Portland with a friend a couple of years ago and it was amazing. So many books, so much to see, not enough time.