The Former Social Media Influencer

Feb. 16, 2021, 9 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Just like absolutely no one is looking to you or the other clique member's for objectivity.

What you're thinking is objectivity and what is objectivity are not the same thing. That's my objective observation anyway.

See that recent reply of mine to Tungsten about context and waiting for one of you to tell me whats up.. did not take long.

Feb. 16, 2021, 9:13 p.m.

See that recent reply of mine to Tungsten about context and waiting for one of you to tell me whats up.. did not take long.

No, i'm not sure which post you're referring to. If it's in reference to objectivity then imo if you're going to talk about it then you should be able to demonstrate it. From what I've seen in many of these political threads you haven't done that. Feel free to show me otherwise.

Feb. 16, 2021, 9:14 p.m.

No, i'm not sure which post you're referring to. If it's in reference to objectivity then imo if you're going to talk about it then you should be able to demonstrate it. From what I've seen in many of these political threads you haven't done that. Feel free to show me otherwise.

As usual I'll play along. Define objectivity for me first.

Feb. 16, 2021, 9:23 p.m.

As usual I'll play along. Define objectivity for me first.

Me: The ability to consider something free of bias resulting from one's own world view or being able to evaluate new information that counters one's beliefs on a topic without assuming it to be incorrect or faulty in some way.

Wiki: In philosophy, objectivity is the concept of truth independent from individual subjectivity (bias caused by one's perception, emotions, or imagination). A proposition is considered to have objective truth when its truth conditions are met without bias caused by a sentient subject. Scientific objectivity refers to the ability to judge without partiality or external influence. Objectivity in the moral framework calls for moral codes to be assessed based on the well-being of the people in the society that follow it.[1] Moral objectivity also calls for moral codes to be compared to one another through a set of universal facts and not through Subjectivity.[1]

Feb. 16, 2021, 9:32 p.m.

Yes, I consider most of you to have an extreme liberal bias hence lacking in objectivity.

Feb. 16, 2021, 9:36 p.m.

Seeing as I answered your question maybe you can return the favour and tell us what you consider extreme liberal bias to be.

Feb. 16, 2021, 9:43 p.m.

Seeing as I answered your question maybe you can return the favour and tell us what you consider extreme liberal bias to be.

Lack of consideration for the non liberal media simply because you think its impossible or improbable.

Feb. 16, 2021, 10:16 p.m.

Lack of consideration for the non liberal media simply because you think its impossible or improbable.

Nope, it goes deeper than that. I can't speak for others, but for me it's not the sharing of non liberal media that's the issue, it's the fairly frequent occurrence of things you share being false or significantly misrepresenting the truth. Even thought there is a bit of a liberal/left bias with a bunch of people here, I've seen "the gang" jump on liberal media stuff when it's been shown to be incorrect. That's a representation of objectivity.

Last edited by: syncro on Feb. 17, 2021, 10:43 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 17, 2021, 10:12 a.m.

Nope, it goes deeper than that. I can't speak for others, but it's for me it's not the sharing of non liberal media that's the issue, it's the fairly frequent occurrence of things you share being false or significantly misrepresenting the truth. Even thought there is a bit of a liberal/left bias with a bunch of people here, I've seen "the gang" jump on liberal media stuff when it's been shown to be incorrect. That's a representation of objectivity.

Meanwhile others define being objective as just what I described when I clarified being in the 2% non commital gray area - no allegiance to any one side or anything in particular. All of you seem to assume I'm all right side spectrum all the time. And on a board fill with a bunch of liberal candy asses, it's easy to see why.

That and I'll give anything a 49% chance of being true because truth is stranger than fiction. If you dont agree while looking at the world, then you're not detached enough or taking enough steps back to consider more options, no matter how crazy or unlikeable they may be.

ie: what are the rammifications *IF* Trump did not incide 1/6? (most) Member's of the liberal mindset just cant go there because it will fucking destroy their world and break their effin' brain because the good natured liberal democrats would never conspire do such a travesty just for the name of power... right? And of course, they were there defendng muh freedumbs.

Feb. 17, 2021, 10:58 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus.

Meanwhile others define being objective as just what I described when I clarified being in the 2% non commital gray area - no allegiance to any one side or anything in particular. All of you seem to assume I'm all right side spectrum all the time. And on a board fill with a bunch of liberal candy asses, it's easy to see why.

That and I'll give anything a 49% chance of being true because truth is stranger than fiction. If you dont agree while looking at the world, then you're not detached enough or taking enough steps back to consider more options, no matter how crazy or unlikeable they may be.

ie: what are the rammifications *IF* Trump did not incide 1/6? (most) Member's of the liberal mindset just cant go there because it will fucking destroy their world and break their effin' brain because the good natured liberal democrats would never conspire do such a travesty just for the name of power... right? And of course, they were there defendng muh freedumbs.

That only works if you give some sort of plausible explanation for that 2% grey area, and you don't do that. You don't offer any substantive alternative explanations and typically share info from hard right sources. It's great that you want to consider alternatives, but the way you share and post does not represent that.

Feb. 17, 2021, 11:14 a.m.

enough steps back to consider more options, no matter how crazy or unlikeable they may be.

Right, because the same party that wants to take your guns would incite a riot or look to kidnap, hang or execute members of the opposition. And don’t give me any antifa bullshit.

Feb. 17, 2021, 12:40 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

enough steps back to consider more options, no matter how crazy or unlikeable they may be.

Right, because the same party that wants to take your guns would incite a riot or look to kidnap, hang or execute members of the opposition. And don’t give me any antifa bullshit.

That's not very objective.

Feb. 21, 2021, 5:29 p.m.

Need a ride Kim? 🤦

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-56118936

Feb. 24, 2021, 11:12 a.m.

Orange is the new black.

"A criminal investigation into the financial affairs of former US President Donald Trump and his family business gained momentum this week"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56174484

Feb. 24, 2021, 1:22 p.m.

So what is the over/under that Trump will go to jail?  I find it really hard to picture, but it would break the world irony records if it happens.