the single most important piece of advice

April 27, 2015, 3:44 p.m.

Don't heed random internet advice.

I dunno a lot of this shits pretty good..

You get what you pay for.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 27, 2015, 7:19 p.m.

If you're going to be anything when you grow up.

Be happy.

meh

April 27, 2015, 7:54 p.m.

If you are going to do something, you might as well over-do it.

April 27, 2015, 9:58 p.m.

If you can't be good

Be good at it

meh

April 27, 2015, 10:39 p.m.

Check out what her mother looks like now before you commit

April 28, 2015, 5:45 a.m.

my dad always said "work hard, play fair, be nice" every morning when i was a kid. not sure it totally soaked in, but i'll probably same something similar to my kids.

Now self-employed with no benefits and scrambling to meet the bills sometimes, but I am in charge of my destiny now.

You shouldn't be relying on company pensions and social safety nets anyway if you can avoid it. Start saving money early and you'll have some control over your retirement and lifestyle.

+1 rob, you are (partially) an inspiration for trying to get away from the ass-in-chair corporate life i have, shame it took me so long to sack up to do it. years ago friends of mine quit regularly-scheduled I.T life when they had kids to go search of something different, i thought they were nuts, but now that I have kids of my own I get it.

April 28, 2015, 11:35 a.m.

Take care of yourself first. No one else is in your head or heart and knows what you need and want.

When you have taken care of yourself you will be able to serve. Serve your partner, serve your family, serve your business, serve your community. Volunteer. Vote.

Whatever your job, do your best. Try to be the best at the job you have, and it will be way more fulfilling and satisfying then if you sit around complaining.

A positive attitude and a sense of humor can get the through almost anything.

If you realize you married someone with sociopathic and anti-social tendencies, get a good lawyer and get the fuck out. Why in hell would have want to model a behavior for your children of staying miserable in a disrespectful relationship.

Take risks. Not stupid ones tho…

Be honest and kind. Sometimes the truth could hurt, do be compassionate in your delivery.

Don't take things personally. Most people spend their time transmitting and projecting. It is rare to find someone who actually listens and can question their own beliefs.

Don't make assumptions. Ask questions and get the facts.

Be impeccable with your word. Act with integrity. Do what you say you are going to do.

Love like there is no tomorrow.

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

April 28, 2015, 12:13 p.m.

my dad always said "work hard, play fair, be nice" every morning when i was a kid. not sure it totally soaked in, but i'll probably same something similar to my kids.

+1 rob, you are (partially) an inspiration for trying to get away from the ass-in-chair corporate life i have, shame it took me so long to sack up to do it. years ago friends of mine quit regularly-scheduled I.T life when they had kids to go search of something different, i thought they were nuts, but now that I have kids of my own I get it.

I catch myself at times with the same thoughts. Life keeps us so busy at times we tend to get to be like a robot. I try to listen to either music or sometimes TED talks at work to keep motivation in place.

Came across this one today. Fantastic!!!
Ricardo Semler - Radical Wisdom

April 28, 2015, 7:34 p.m.

any chance you get for a threesome - take it.

April 28, 2015, 7:51 p.m.

QFT. Blew the one chance I had… oooh, the regret!

April 28, 2015, 8:12 p.m.

tell your neighbours to mind their own fucking business.

April 28, 2015, 8:36 p.m.

You still talk to those two guys?

Pastor of Muppets

April 28, 2015, 8:52 p.m.

I've got four - I think the first is a Chinese proverb of some sort, the second is from my high school English teacher, and the last two are from someone with a fancy title giving a speech during graduation.

"If there is no change, there is no change."

"You never know where someone else is coming from."

"Keep an eye on your give a shit meter. When it starts pointing towards empty, make a change."

-and finally-

Be the Pig.
In a bacon and egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. Be the pig.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

April 28, 2015, 9:39 p.m.

You still talk to those two guys?

not since you made one your Gimp

April 28, 2015, 10:15 p.m.

tell your neighbours to mind their own fucking business.

fucking right

Pastor of Muppets