The Revenant (spoilers)

Jan. 21, 2016, 10:46 a.m.

Seems weird to get worked up about the fact that stupid people believe that Hollywood is telling the "true story", even when they say that they're not.

Stupid people are stupid, they believe all kinds of shit. Anyone with half a brain knows what "based on" means.

I'd prefer movies tell a embellished version of a story (and be upfront about it, like these folks) than not tell it at all because stupid people might get confused.

Jan. 21, 2016, 11:06 a.m.

say what you want but him going for revenge made the ending better then if they had got together for a tea party over lunch as a ending..

:woot:

Jan. 21, 2016, 1:17 p.m.

The Himalaya's was better.

There, I said it.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Jan. 23, 2016, 4:24 p.m.

say what you want but him going for revenge made the ending better then if they had got together for a tea party over lunch as a ending..

:woot:

I think the truth would have made a far better ending and revealed a lot about Glass' personality and strength of character. They meet again after Glass had recovered from his wounds. Glass met up with Bridger in present-day Montana and forgave him, then Glass traveled to what is now Nebraska and met with Fitzgerald, who returned Glass' rifle that Fitzgerald took when they abandoned him.

Or maybe you are right … but I still think a wild car chase through the streets of Manhattan involving furniture delivery vans, reversing semitrailers and fruit stands, ending in a massive fireball with Fitzgerald in a car plunging off the Brooklyn Bridge would have been the best possible alternate ending.

Jan. 23, 2016, 5:45 p.m.

I think the truth would have made a far better ending and revealed a lot about Glass' personality and strength of character. They meet again after Glass had recovered from his wounds. Glass met up with Bridger in present-day Montana and forgave him, then Glass traveled to what is now Nebraska and met with Fitzgerald, who returned Glass' rifle that Fitzgerald took when they abandoned him.

Or maybe you are right … but I still think a wild car chase through the streets of Manhattan involving furniture delivery vans, reversing semitrailers and fruit stands, ending in a massive fireball with Fitzgerald in a car plunging off the Brooklyn Bridge would have been the best possible alternate ending.

Sounds like Inception and Revenant in one movie. Very well.

Jan. 23, 2016, 6:27 p.m.

wait ? was that in the ending credits ??

i wanna see that edit.:thepimp:

Jan. 25, 2016, 9:41 a.m.

You guys are all missing the most important point.

Most of the movie was filmed on the Kootenai River in NW Montana, not the Missouri, which is in eastern MT and no where near as scenic.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Jan. 25, 2016, 12:23 p.m.

Thought it was mostly filmed in Alberta

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 25, 2016, 12:35 p.m.

Really enjoyed this movie last night.

viperfunk.com

Jan. 25, 2016, 1:59 p.m.

Thought it was mostly filmed in Alberta

The beginning scenes along the river, and when he goes over the waterfall are on the Kootenai, around Troy, MT.

When he gets to the plains, that very well could be Alberta.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Jan. 26, 2016, 8:15 a.m.

Most of the movie was filmed on the Kootenai River in NW Montana, not the Missouri, which is in eastern MT and no where near as scenic.

When I saw the bear attack, I was wondering where in the PNW this was shot. Definitely not looking like the area where he once lived, apparently.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 26, 2016, 4:15 p.m.

What they shot in Montana was minimal.

Vancouver crew, mostly shot in Alberta , also at a sound stage in Burnaby @Mammoth.
I know a bunch of co workers that worked on it.
Apparently was a shit show to work on and not fun. lots of crew quit and or were fired.

quick search found this
http://www.atlasofwonders.com/2016/01/the-revenant-filming-locations.html

Squamish too, huh who knew.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Jan. 26, 2016, 4:26 p.m.

Fuck, that avalanche was real? Was wondering how they did that, it looked too good for cg.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov