The WTA was ok with China's human rights abuse......

Nov. 20, 2021, 10:06 a.m.

So they were fine holding tennis events in the past but now that rampant human rights abuse has spread to include a tennis star, now they are not ok with it? It's pathetic that this is the line in the sand but the longstanding human rights abuse was ok with them.

https://www.reuters.com/business/media-telecom/china-editor-says-he-does-not-think-peng-faces-retribution-2021-11-19/

I think companies will need to start reconning with their profits. Is it really worth it to take advantage of inexpensive labour or tap into a huge market at the cost of supporting an undemocratic government that violates the human rights of its citizens as well as the citizens of other countries (ie the two michaels). I for one am happy to support companies that pay a fair wage.

Nf clothes

Castelli and sportful jersies

Steel hardtails made locally

I guess I'll have to buy mrp suspension? Is cane creek made in USA? I'm ok with those two. 

Do I see a we are one bike in my future?

What level of shimano do I need to buy to have it made in Japan? Sram/rockshox/fox are all out for me I think.

Does raceface make any cranks in North America? Maybe the turbines? There was an article on PB about USA made cranks, so there are a few options.

Last edited by: RAHrider on Nov. 20, 2021, 10:19 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
Nov. 20, 2021, 11:06 a.m.

Don't forget to dump your Iphones.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Nov. 20, 2021, 12:49 p.m.

Posted by: wizardB

I miss my blackberry

Nov. 20, 2021, 1:08 p.m.

I have a flip phone, so I'm good.

But my locally designed and marketed hrdtl was made over there so I'm not?

Last edited by: tungsten on Nov. 20, 2021, 1:11 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 20, 2021, 4:41 p.m.

She's prolly in a labor camp by now.

Nov. 27, 2021, 11:08 p.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

Posted by: wizardB

I miss my blackberry

Me too