The Official 2013 NHL Irregular Season Thread.

Jan. 16, 2013, 9:30 p.m.

Fuck it, I'd boycott this but I missed hockey.

On the docket this week:

Vancouver getting bent over and humped Edmonton

There is no chance that the 'Nucks are going to be able to defend RNH/Hall and Hemsky/Yakupov.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hemsky (passer/finesse) and Yakupov (hard hitting, one timer shooting bad ass) on the top line up together by this time next year.

I predict a blood bath. Here's some Russian fury; Luongo is gonna have a good time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6WN7VBoojE

Jan. 16, 2013, 9:45 p.m.

I vote we call it the "irregular season".

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 16, 2013, 10:01 p.m.

I vote we call it the "irregular season".

Kn.

Ya know, for once I have nothing critical to say about your comment. I agree. Change made. Now get ready for the PAIN on Sunday.

Jan. 16, 2013, 10:05 p.m.

are the oilers in another rebuilding year or will they actually finish out of the bottom 5 this year?

Jan. 16, 2013, 10:24 p.m.

My partially-informed impression is that the Oilers pretty heavily loaded on the front-end. They keep drafting forwards with mad skills. What about grit, defence and goaltending? You can't win 16 games in the playoffs without stellar goaltending. Generally, a good defence trumps a good offense.

Jan. 17, 2013, 10:32 a.m.

Yo Go-t

Lou ? Lou is # 2…We got Schneider between the pipes….. better have some Alberta Vodka ready for those drunk driving Russians to dround in….they shouldnt get too many past Schnid's.

It's also rummered that Edmt is interested in Lou, but Lou has said "NO THANKS"

Gonna be a crap shoot of a season where really the teams that gets off to great start and stays healthy will for sure make the playoffs, (too many games without enough rest)….then its playoffs as usual where goaltending, special teams, health and key coaching decisions win it .

Jan. 17, 2013, 10:43 a.m.

lets go Flyers..

looking forward to watching Cindy's face get smeared into the end boards on Sat. afternoon..

hopefully Rinaldo is dressed for the game and traintracks that fucker from center ice.. woot wooot

Jan. 17, 2013, 10:44 a.m.

Gonna be a crap shoot of a season where really the teams that gets off to great start and stays healthy will for sure make the playoffs, (too many games without enough rest)….then its playoffs as usual where goaltending, special teams, health and key coaching decisions win it .

Yup, this sums up my thoughts too. If you look at 47 games in to last year the playoffs would have been a lot different. A slump or a key player injury can kill a team in a shortened season.

Jan. 17, 2013, 11:01 a.m.

Here's some Russian fury; Luongo is gonna have a good time.

Yeah it'll be hard on the bench, watching Schneider make all the saves.

Jan. 17, 2013, 11:03 a.m.

Yup, this sums up my thoughts too. If you look at 47 games in to last year the playoffs would have been a lot different. A slump or a key player injury can kill a team in a shortened season.

Actually, 48 games into last season…all top 8 in east made the playoffs and 7 of top 8 made playoffs (LA in and MINN out).

TSN was my source for this!

Jan. 17, 2013, 11:11 a.m.

Actually, 48 games into last season…all top 8 in east made the playoffs and 7 of top 8 made playoffs (LA in and MINN out).

Interesting, I dont recall the beginning of last years season , did the Nucks get off to good,bad, or alright start. (pretty good I think?)
I know Lou sucked (as always) early on …but thats normal for Lou…he is a slow starter. Should be fine for the Nucks in a # 2 postion

Jan. 17, 2013, 11:57 a.m.

I dunno, have you looked at the schedule? Lots of back to back games, lots of games with only a day in between. I think if Luongo stays he'll be getting some ice time, hopefully he can get going out of the gate.

Jan. 17, 2013, 12:21 p.m.

My partially-informed impression is that the Oilers pretty heavily loaded on the front-end. They keep drafting forwards with mad skills. What about grit, defence and goaltending? You can't win 16 games in the playoffs without stellar goaltending. Generally, a good defence trumps a good offense.

You sure can win the playoffs when the season half over… these guys will just be warmed up by playoffs.

Clunking is for retards.

Jan. 17, 2013, 12:24 p.m.

TSN was my source for this!

LMAO. Coincidentally I based 100% of my assumption that this was league wide on only Minnesota and LA.

In my defense though, no LA in the playoffs would have looked a lot different.

Jan. 17, 2013, 12:38 p.m.

LMAO. Coincidentally I based 100% of my assumption that this was league wide on only Minnesota and LA.

In my defense though, no LA in the playoffs would have looked a lot different.

Ya, Canucks taking the cup. They have lost in in the playoffs to the stanley cup champ they last 3 seasons. I think the window of opportunity is up.

that is the most reatrded thing ever even a retarded would say thats retarded