The NSMB Random Conspiracy Theory Thread

Feb. 15, 2021, 1:35 p.m.

Feb. 15, 2021, 1:39 p.m.

Seems kind of Qpid if you ask me.

Feb. 15, 2021, 1:43 p.m.

Feb. 21, 2021, 10:57 a.m.

Poland doing it right?

_Under the new legislation, any platform that bans a user would face fines of $13.5 million unless the content is also illegal under Polish law. An arbitration committee would be set up to oversee disputes. Tech companies had reached a point where they were deciding what was legal and what was not — but that was not their role, Kaleta says.

“Freedom of speech is not something that anonymous moderators working for private companies should decide,” he said. “Instead, that is for the national body; duly elected officials and all industries, car, phones, finance — were unregulated till they grew too large — the same should happen with Big Tech.”_

Feb. 21, 2021, 3:54 p.m.

^^ Why do ‘conservatives’ equate Freedom of Speech with Right To a Megaphone and Freedom from Consequences?

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on Feb. 21, 2021, 3:55 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 3, 2021, 2:22 a.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

^^ Why do ‘conservatives’ equate Freedom of Speech with Right To a Megaphone and Freedom from Consequences?

Because as long as the conservatives have the freedom of speech all is fine, totally fine. Quite simple, you may NOT argue against this though - then you might be the evil lefty or liberal.

March 4, 2021, 9:17 a.m.

Freedom of consequence? So Antifa n BLM are conservatives now?

March 4, 2021, 11:22 a.m.

They love it when it allows a business to not bake a cake for some gays but hate it when a business wants to reduce the spread of misinformation.

March 4, 2021, 8:52 p.m.

Posted by: Mic

Because as long as the conservatives have the freedom of speech all is fine, totally fine. Quite simple, you may NOT argue against this though - then you might be the evil lefty or liberal.

Really? It seems I cant post anything non liberal or dare I say pro Trump without pages of people telling me I'm all sorts of things along with how wrong the idea of even supporting that argument is. If the left isnt allowed to argue against it, the right isnt allowed to try to explain a thing or there's no point in trying.

March 5, 2021, 12:25 a.m.

It has nothing to do with freedom of speech; you've been able to post your innacuracies without any censorship.  If you don't like being fact checked then try doing some fact checking yourself.

March 5, 2021, 10:23 a.m.

Posted by: switch

It has nothing to do with freedom of speech; you've been able to post your innacuracies without any censorship.  If you don't like being fact checked then try doing some fact checking yourself.

Thats debatable on the same grounds as the freedom of religion and from it argument. And what if, youre being mislead by your trusted fact checkers? Nah nevermind, that couldnt happen.

March 5, 2021, 12:23 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Really? It seems I cant post anything non liberal or dare I say pro Trump without pages of people telling me I'm all sorts of things along with how wrong the idea of even supporting that argument is. If the left isnt allowed to argue against it, the right isnt allowed to try to explain a thing or there's no point in trying.

Could you rephrase that? I am sort of deaf from the bullshit I have to endure every day coming from woke and libtarded parents and colleagues at work in my lefty high school, Shogun.

Edit: I am tired of these silly little debates and arguments, Shogun. Or even reading these to and fro arguments. Syncro has asked you to be more specific or not use your little mind games and rhetorics more than once, without anything changing.

This forum used to be a great place to exchange ideas and share thoughts and have a meaningdul debate. But these petty arguments only drain. They are not constructive, not conducive to growth - be it on a personal or intellectual level, but divisive and not going anywhere which is sad. And silly, really silly at the same time.

You can make of this whatever you want or need or feel, I do not think that the underlying issue would change - or matters. We all have a certain perspective on life. Some change, some will not and some simply can not. 

One can not explain the color red to a blind person. One just has to endure that this blind person can never understand nor grasp the color red without him or her losing sleep over that.

Last edited by: Mic on March 5, 2021, 12:47 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
March 7, 2021, 4:01 p.m.

Could you rephrase that?

No.

March 7, 2021, 6:08 p.m.

Could you rephrase that? I am sort of deaf from the bullshit I have to endure every day coming from woke and libtarded parents and colleagues at work in my lefty high school, Shogun.

Edit: I am tired of these silly little debates and arguments, Shogun. Or even reading these to and fro arguments. Syncro has asked you to be more specific or not use your little mind games and rhetorics more than once, without anything changing.

This forum used to be a great place to exchange ideas and share thoughts and have a meaningdul debate. But these petty arguments only drain. They are not constructive, not conducive to growth - be it on a personal or intellectual level, but divisive and not going anywhere which is sad. And silly, really silly at the same time.

You can make of this whatever you want or need or feel, I do not think that the underlying issue would change - or matters. We all have a certain perspective on life. Some change, some will not and some simply can not. 

One can not explain the color red to a blind person. One just has to endure that this blind person can never understand nor grasp the color red without him or her losing sleep over that.

That may be the most eloquently written comment I have ever read on a forum Mic. Thanks for that.

March 8, 2021, 3:10 a.m.

Posted by: skooks

That may be the most eloquently written comment I have ever read on a forum Mic. Thanks for that.

NSMB has had a tremenduous impact on how I see myself as a rider and part of the local mtb community which is a bit lacking in comparison to what you guys in BC have, and I really enjoyed the forum, and for 2021 we should all post more again and share insights, thoughts and wheel love.

Last edited by: Mic on March 8, 2021, 3:11 a.m., edited 1 time in total.