The NSMB Random Conspiracy Theory Thread

May 29, 2020, 11:46 p.m.

Posted by: nouseforaname

Posted by: Brocklanders

How about this....On a ride with friends last week there is a hike a bike section so during this time we have a good chat. For some reason we started talking about suspension on old dirt bikes that transitioned to Evil kenivel's jump over Ceasars palace fountain in Vegas and how the suspension he had couldn't handle the jump although he stuck it. Super random convo, talked about the toys form the 70/80's etc.

Then get home, scrolling thru instagram an ad for a guy selling Evil Kenivel toys pops up in my feed. I hadn't googled him whatsoever in the last 10 years. So pretty convinced my phone is listening to my convos. 

Change my mind.

No. Your cellphone IS listening to you.

Forget the tracing and tracking, they're practically reading our brains now. At least youtube knows what song I'm thinking of searching next.

bonus tinfoil: the internet apparently says the social distancing concept is to allow the AI or network to identify us accurately.

May 30, 2020, 6:19 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

How about this....On a ride with friends last week there is a hike a bike section so during this time we have a good chat. For some reason we started talking about suspension on old dirt bikes that transitioned to Evil kenivel's jump over Ceasars palace fountain in Vegas and how the suspension he had couldn't handle the jump although he stuck it. Super random convo, talked about the toys form the 70/80's etc.

Then get home, scrolling thru instagram an ad for a guy selling Evil Kenivel toys pops up in my feed. I hadn't googled him whatsoever in the last 10 years. So pretty convinced my phone is listening to my convos. 

Change my mind.

Forget the tracing and tracking, they're practically reading our brains now. At least youtube knows what song I'm thinking of searching next.

bonus tinfoil: the internet apparently says the social distancing concept is to allow the AI or network to identify us accurately.

Just yesterday my neighbour giving me an address. I go to type the address into Google maps, type the number and the street name he gave me autofills.... da fuck?

May 31, 2020, 12:21 p.m.

Just yesterday my neighbour giving me an address. I go to type the address into Google maps, type the number and the street name he gave me autofills.... da fuck?

That could be a website api - some websites will geolocate you and then autofill using the public database. And thats GMaps, what dont they predictably know about us right? If I'm checking out a cart online, some shipping forms do auto-fill. Who likes postal codes... ?

Just to explain my mind readings by the phone a bit more; if I have youtube open with headphones on and I'm thinking of what to listen to next by the time I hit the search icon, whatever song I thought of is usually the first result line. Thats without that song being recently searched or played. It's happened enough that I just keep smoking the sweet sweet cheeba.

May 31, 2020, 7:39 p.m.

So I'm not sure what the conspircy is with a mouse hijacking a ride into space but maybe he'll meet Calvin from the movie Life. I have to say about that movie - who ever designed a quarantine lab on a space station without an eject to space option for the lab didnt quite think things through.

https://twitter.com/BeachMilk/status/1267018581633495040

@BeachMilk

Looks like a MOUSE hitchhiked a ride on Elon Musk’s SpaceX rocket launch today!

The mouse showed a truly amazing ability to withstand heat!

June 17, 2020, 10:12 p.m.

“One of the things that are really key to this is that he [Epstein] befriended a very useful idiot called Prince Andrew,” Ben-Menashe told CN. “Now what really happened was that this Prince Andrew, with nothing to do, was having fun with this, and Prince Andrew brings in the fancy people, invites them to play golf with him, and then takes them out for fun. Then Epstein shows up, and these people are basically blackmailed.”

https://consortiumnews.com/2020/06/17/epstein-case-documentaries-wont-touch-tales-of-intel-ties/

June 19, 2020, 11:34 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

“One of the things that are really key to this is that he [Epstein] befriended a very useful idiot called Prince Andrew,” Ben-Menashe told CN. “Now what really happened was that this Prince Andrew, with nothing to do, was having fun with this, and Prince Andrew brings in the fancy people, invites them to play golf with him, and then takes them out for fun. Then Epstein shows up, and these people are basically blackmailed.”

https://consortiumnews.com/2020/06/17/epstein-case-documentaries-wont-touch-tales-of-intel-ties/

Wasnt he officially requested to be interviewed by the US authorities?

Aug. 21, 2020, 11:31 a.m.

Anyone foresee an accident involving Biden or Harris, which will be blamed on "Trump" obviously and then Hillary magically appears on scene?

Aug. 21, 2020, 11:33 a.m.

Local governments are mandating face coverings and dust masks for a virus and nasa's actively planning for a meteorite impact.

Aug. 22, 2020, 6:59 a.m.

nasa's actively planning for a meteorite impact.

Don’t worry, space force will save us.🤣

Aug. 26, 2020, 1:01 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

nasa's actively planning for a meteorite impact.

Don’t worry, space force will save us.🤣

Lets just hope its friendly ;)

Sept. 13, 2020, 8:03 p.m.

https://twitter.com/chrisanethery/status/1305257886734524427?s=21

Jesus FC. George Floyd was a Law Enforcement Informant.

Sept. 16, 2020, 4:40 p.m.

A recent conspiracy panic campaign, #Russiagate, presented a mythic (and facially laughable) explanation for how the Democrats managed to lose the unloseable 2016 election. It appears to have been intended to weaken or to knock Trump out of office. If so, it backfired completely, presenting a fictional distraction from the far-worse realities of the regime’s violent policies and incipient fascism. Every time that the ludicrous and byzantine accusations fell apart (predictably, in every case), Trump’s position was strengthened, and that of real opposition to Trump’s barbarities was weakened.

Conspiracy panic is a propaganda weapon that props up an overall portrayal of the mass of the people (and especially critics of the ideological hegemony, of whatever stripe, good or bad) as ipso-facto stupid, preemptively discredited, crazy, irrational, unworthy of participation in discourse, and potentially dangerous. Conspiracy panic nowadays is a go-to for liberals to deny and distract and divert potentially radical struggles into incremental bullshit. That way they need think less about systemic irrationality, falsehood, evils, and failures, and how most of the unfolding disasters — including Trump himself — are not aberrations or surprises but predictable products of the “American way” and the global capitalist system. It’s easier and more comforting to affect being appalled at the stupidity of QAnon (or the supposed millions who were moved to vote for Trump only because they saw a “Russian” post online), and to virtue-signal that you are different from the dumb right-wing patsies who eat that shit up, than to spend too much time being aware that the billionaire and corporate and ensconced policy-making ruling class as a whole — their names are known and plastered in the headlines — is by definition a predator class, professionally incapable of mercy, with overwhelming power over the rest of us, acting in ways that guarantee capitalism and its “ways of life” will continue burning the planet, literally, until the ecosystem’s capacity to sustain the present human civilization and population collapses. Which, speaking in historical lengths, is imminent, and possibly no longer reversible. Fight this anyway.

To respond to this piece, complain about the omission of citations to Jack Bratich, Liz Franczak or Karl Marx, or to remind Nicholas Levis that he ought to follow his own advice, write to [email protected].

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/09/16/conspiracy-panic/

Last edited by: tungsten on Sept. 17, 2020, 11 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 20, 2020, 12:17 a.m.

https://www.prismreports.org/article/2020/9/15/exclusive-georgia-doctor-who-forcibly-sterilized-detained-women-has-been-identified

Sept. 23, 2020, 12:26 a.m.

found an article on some research that explains why people fall prey to conspiracy theories

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/conspiracy-theorists-have-a-fundamental-cognitive-problem-say-scientists?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Sept. 24, 2020, 12:16 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

found an article on some research that explains why people fall prey to conspiracy theories

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/conspiracy-theorists-have-a-fundamental-cognitive-problem-say-scientists?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Too bad it does not really explain how to trigger said "critical thinking" in people who are full-blown into the deep end of Covid19 conspiracy theories. I tried having a decent argument with them, but turns out they are really stubborn and angry and whatnot - because of face masks and the end of democracy, you know....quarantine and curfew and gates and musk and vaccines and nanotech and capitalist fascism and new world order. Holy.... but, I try and think "not my circus, not my monkeys".