The NSMB 2012 US Election thread

Nov. 6, 2012, 9:53 p.m.

Gotta love the american government actually giving their people the right to vote on major proposals as part of the election.

Apparently the Canadian government believes we are only competent enough to make one choice on election night.

Would be nice to have the ability to vote on things like pipelines, salmon farming, HST, drug legalization, etc, etc.

Nov. 6, 2012, 10:01 p.m.

This is crazy. 4 states vote in gay marriage, one state decriminalizes weed, and likely 2 states legalize weed.

Huge night for our neighbours.

Nov. 6, 2012, 10:03 p.m.

Also… Its insane how close these elections are when you look at the popular vote. The two are 50k apart, on 50 million votes each. Thats tight.

Nov. 6, 2012, 10:07 p.m.

This is crazy. 4 states vote in gay marriage, one state decriminalizes weed, and likely 2 states legalize weed.

Never in a million years would I have taken that bet at this point in time.

Nov. 6, 2012, 10:07 p.m.

:woot::usa:

Col Sanders: initiatives are only at the state level, not federal. And only some states have initiatives. 24 of 50. I have mixed feelings about them…

re: WA weed legal. It is still illegal federally, and there is a real concern that growers will stay off the tax rolls and in the black market, to avoid providing evidence to convict them of federal crimes.

Nov. 6, 2012, 10:09 p.m.

Also Richard "God intended for you to carry the child of your rapist to term" Mourdock has lost as well.

Scott "look at her, she's clearly not and Indian" Brown has lost to Elizabeth Warren.

Great night for American women so far tonight.

God hates zealots, thankfully

Nov. 6, 2012, 10:11 p.m.

congratulations Mr. Obama, good luck during the next 4 years

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Nov. 6, 2012, 10:17 p.m.

yup, and the outright marijuana legalization is the writing on the wall for the drug war, it's failed, and reason is finally starting to win out, great outcomes on both fronts though, although it's still an uphill battle, the momentum is there.

Nov. 6, 2012, 10:24 p.m.

yup, and the outright marijuana legalization is the writing on the wall for the drug war, it's failed, and reason is finally starting to win out, great outcomes on both fronts though, although it's still an uphill battle, the momentum is there.

Will either of our two parties seize on this as an issue to bring forward in our upcoming provincial election.

Nov. 6, 2012, 10:28 p.m.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Donald Trump has gone nuts on twitter.
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/tweets

Bwahahahahhahahahah!

That link isn't working now, but this one does:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/

He did delete some of his tweets though, specifically the one suggesting a revolution.

Nov. 6, 2012, 10:31 p.m.

Democrat - Unemployed, burnt out hippies and college students with no hope of getting a job that doesn't involve asking if I want fries with that.

Republicans - still going to go to work in the morning and actually contribute to society.

Republicans - election is over, so going to get atound to brushing their three front teeth for this month, right after making sure their sibling is no longer a virgin.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 6, 2012, 10:32 p.m.

I'd like to know when the UN is sending in it's troops to take over the US now that Obama has won..

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Nov. 6, 2012, 10:32 p.m.

HuffPo has an unbelievable fact on voter suppression in Florida.

A stunning 23 percent of African Americans, the highest figure in the nation, cannot vote due to laws on felon disenfranchisement in Florida. Gov. Rick Scott (R) has made it harder for ex-felons to restore their eligibility and in 2011 signed a law cutting early voting days nearly in half. The result has been chaos during early voting in places like Miami-Dade County, where people have waited in line for as many as eight hours. Florida also has a photo ID law.

Nov. 6, 2012, 10:36 p.m.

Obama speech is on!

Nov. 6, 2012, 10:54 p.m.

I'd like to know when the UN is sending in it's troops to take over the US now that Obama has won..

I see Judge Head has been celebrating Referendum 74 in WA State?