the next president of the united states of america

Feb. 3, 2008, 5:17 p.m.

Sad how people like this have forgotten about the fucking WAR we are in in which thousands upon thousands of people are dying for no good reason. Despicable.

Both parties are on the same page about the war now. It's a non-issue. We're stuck there regardless. If we left it could very well be the beginning of WWIII. Canadians should be as concerned about our economy as we are. Their economy is heavily dependent on ours.

Feb. 3, 2008, 5:19 p.m.

the economy is pretty much the last thing i would worry about..
what did bush do to the economy? i cant really remeber anyone care to help out?

oh wait now i remeber.

Are you talking about the war?

Our tax revenue is more than enough to efficiently run the country and the war. The problem is all the ridiculous earmarks. Bottom line is we've let spending get TOTALLY out of control.

Feb. 3, 2008, 11:02 p.m.

Obama is the best thing to happen to the United States since JFK. Most Americans don't even know Canada exists, or could care less. Those that do think of us as Diet America, or worse, like a retarded cousin that lives in the attic. That's fine, we look at you all (since 2000 election) like our best teenage friend who has gone on an eight year bender.

You'll sober up, and feel bad about grabbing France's boob, and throwing up on Germany's bathroom floor and stuff, and it'll be all good.

The single biggest issue facing your fine country is the erosion of the very ideals that made America great: freedom. The neo-con assault on civil liberty, driven by keeping the bulk of the US population in a state of fear, has really handed teh t3rr0ri5t5 a FAR greater victory than they EVER could have imagined. When I hear the repeated announcements in SFO that the current state of ALERT is ORANGE, or see average people of all race, class and creed ditching shaving cream and Dasani bottles at check-in, carrying their shoes and stripping their belts in a degrading ritual designed only to perpetuate a state of fear…or Faux News running a terror alert ticker across the bottom of the screen, while Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter blabber on and on…

Oh well. It's NBR, not NPR.

The US sees itself as the world's policeman. OK, it's a very diverse world out there. 1 in 5 Americans has a passport, and most have not been overseas. Fine. Just think though, what a signal to the world it would be for the US to elect as CinC a black man whose middle name is Hussein.

It's a country I would want to travel to once again for pleasure, instead of just business. Don't be surprised if Obama reaches across party lines and asks McCain to be his VP if the polls support it.

Obama 08!

Nat

Feb. 4, 2008, 7:14 p.m.

The single biggest issue facing your fine country is the erosion of the very ideals that made America great: freedom. The neo-con assault on civil liberty, driven by keeping the bulk of the US population in a state of fear…

Duck, and cover!

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 4, 2008, 7:48 p.m.

According to CNN, Obama is now ahead in the national polls by 3[HTML_REMOVED]#37;, which is really the first time he's led so far in the race. Super Tuesday (tomorrow) is going to be VERY interesting…

Feb. 4, 2008, 7:53 p.m.

if obama gets the dem ticket, he will win. although i dont tend to side with democrats/liberals, i think the most important thing for the US would be obama winning president. i think that america would gain ALOT of the credibility they have been lacking for so long. the image of a black man named barak winning an election and becoming leader of the free world would, i think, have such a resounding effect across the globe.

Feb. 4, 2008, 8:04 p.m.

I would love to see a woman in the oval office, for a change. But a black dude named Barak Hussein Obama would be just as good. ;) The scary thing is, there are people in the states who would not vote for him because of his name, overlooking what he stands for.

Either way, the US of A needs a big shakedown right about now. I like McCain too, he's the only conservative that thinks with his brain, but I'm too worried that the puppet masters would be controlling his movements.

Dems in the White shack means the rebirth of science too, I hope.

Feb. 4, 2008, 8:08 p.m.

I would love to see a woman in the oval office, for a change. But a black dude named Barak Hussein Obama would be just as good. ;) The scary thing is, there are people in the states who would not vote for him because of his name, overlooking what he stands for.

maybe, but most of them turned republican in the mid 60`s, so they aint votin for him anyway.

Feb. 4, 2008, 8:26 p.m.

Whoever is related to the British Royal Family the most will win. Every president in the United States history is related to the Queen NOT by coincidence.

Feb. 4, 2008, 8:34 p.m.

Names mean a lot. There's a tonne of people down south willing to vote for Clinton based mostly on her name, overlooking what she stands for. :S

Either way, the US of A needs a big shakedown right about now. I like McCain too, he's the only conservative that thinks with his brain, but I'm too worried that the puppet masters would be controlling his movements.

Actually, he's the least one I would worry about that. Clinton, Obama and Romney have all gathered almost twice as much money each as McCain has.

Usually that means that the money people don't think he's a winner. However, according to the media, he's doing pretty good.

In this case it probably means one of two things: either he was already bought, after a couple decades in the Senate. Or else the backers know that giving him money won't buy his sway. Because he's already shown that it won't. From what I've seen of the guy, I'd lean towards the second explanation.

Feb. 4, 2008, 9:28 p.m.

My prediction for the democrats:

Hillary wins, and Obama goes on the ticket as VP.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 4, 2008, 9:41 p.m.

Obama goes on the ticket as VP.

Not gonna happen.

Feb. 5, 2008, 4:20 p.m.

Not gonna happen.

Today he spoke about the possibility and he in no way ruled out the option.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Feb. 5, 2008, 4:22 p.m.

both obama and hillary have left that door WIDE open

turn off sigs…it will change your life

Feb. 5, 2008, 4:23 p.m.

gosh i hope america votes the same way as nsmb groms

turn off sigs…it will change your life