the next president of the united states of america

Jan. 31, 2008, 1:08 a.m.

Colbert/Doritos 08'

Jan. 31, 2008, 1:09 a.m.

How is there no Romney in the poll? The man is on top with McCain.

McCain went into Florida with nothing but a "stop Islamic fundamentalism" agenda. That's all he talked about in the Regan debate too. He's going for the hawkish votes - playing the card that the other candidates are not up to handling foreign affairs. Personally, I hope it's mostly talk to get those votes.

Romney might make a good CEO, but I don't see him on the world stage.

Paul thinks too much. It was funny when he complained about McCain and Romney spending a couple minutes arguing about who said what and where.

I don't understand Huckabee, probably because I don't know much about him. From what I've seen, he has all the expertise and qualities, so I do not understand why he's so far behind.

Hillary vs. Obama is a strain on the Democrats. Old guard versus new guard. Both are capable, but both are in a tough position because of the sex/race issue.

If Hillary comes across as tough, she's not femine. If she sheds a tear, she's not man enough for the job. If elected, she could pull quite the machine with her.

Obama, with another 4 years on a couple good senate committees that sponsored a couple good bills, would have the clout to win. He's very refreshing to watch, but his lack (or perceived lack) of experience hurts him. Plus, he has to deal with a fair percentage of his countrymen that will vote against him because he's "black".

I'd like to see Obama vs. Huckabee, but if I had to bet it would be McCain vs. Hillary, with McCain the winner. Why McCain? A lot of it would have to do with over a year of the Democrats doing squat with Congress.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 31, 2008, 9:10 a.m.

Just look at what happens to the colour of each prez's hair after a single term.

Haha … I thought I was the only one that noticed this! Of course, McCain is already white haired, so guess he'd go bald?

Tough bastard though …

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 31, 2008, 9:15 a.m.

Haha … I thought I was the only one that noticed this! Of course, McCain is already white haired, so guess he'd go bald?

Tough bastard though …

Kn.

:lol: I'd vote for him based on that picture alone.
Can't be worse than this guy:

Or this one:

Jan. 31, 2008, 9:23 a.m.

My heart says Obama and McCain with Obama winning the oval office.
My brain says Clinton and McCain with McCain winning the oval office.

Jan. 31, 2008, 9:23 a.m.

I voted clinton because I think she will win out. I suspect she will have access to greater means and therefore will dredge up all kinds of BS on Obama, dicrediting him and eliminating him from the race.

However, I really think Obama is the better person for the job.

Republicans will only win if the election is rigged. I hope it isn't…

Feb. 3, 2008, 11:22 a.m.

dude. we need obama. the blacks need obama. everyone needs obama. the women are fine.

have you watched the SC debate?

So with our economy falling apart, SS and healthcare on edge, and a war our best option is a liberal without a whole lot of experience?

BAD BAD BAD idea IMO.

What we need is a TRUE conservative. The problem is the Republican party isn't really conservative any more. The neo-cons have corrupted pretty much every traditional conservative ideal. The Republicans are no longer laissez faire, non-interventionist, or even remotely economically or socially conservative. The are hell-bent on dominating everything for their "moral" agenda. Fortunately there are some candidates that get pretty close to true conservatism. The best conservative candidate IMO was Ron Paul. His record speaks for itself. Duncan Hunter was pretty solid too but he's also gone now. Huckabee's fair tax is a big step and his economic policy and record seem pretty solid. Unfortunately (for me) he's a Baptist minister. Given my experience from growing up in the south and the last eight years I won't vote for that. It smells fishy to me. The last candidate and my personal choice is Mitt Romney. Sure he's a Mormon but IMO Mormons are kind of separate from the religious right "condition" that affects Evangelicals and Baptists. Mormons are good hardworking people. You may not think much of their religious beliefs but their moral foundations are strong and reasonable. He's also a great business man with an economic policy that might save this country from economic collapse. Really at the end of the day (hate me all you want) all I care about is our economy surviving. Democrats, especially Hillary or Obama, will fail MISERABLY at that. McCain is just too moderate.

Who do I think will win? Obama :crybaby:

Feb. 3, 2008, 11:51 a.m.

McCain is just too moderate.

Wow. You really know how to insult a guy, given the Canadian audience on this board.

Feb. 3, 2008, 11:56 a.m.

Wow. You really know how to insult a guy, given the Canadian audience on this board.

Haha. Sorry. Not my intention. I'm speaking in terms of economics, foreign policy, social security, healthcare, etc. It might work for you guys but at this point our country can't survive it. For the record I do classify myself as moderate. I prefer to look at the best option for a given point of time. If you go with same political extreme no matter the situation you fail half the time. At least that's how it works south of the border.

Feb. 3, 2008, 4:26 p.m.

Really at the end of the day (hate me all you want) all I care about is our economy surviving.

Sad how people like this have forgotten about the fucking WAR we are in in which thousands upon thousands of people are dying for no good reason. Despicable.

Feb. 3, 2008, 4:32 p.m.

Sad how people like this have forgotten about the fucking WAR we are in in which thousands upon thousands of people are dying for no good reason. Despicable.

No reason? So theres no oil left in the middle east or what? I wasnt informed.

Feb. 3, 2008, 4:33 p.m.

:love:

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 3, 2008, 4:34 p.m.

So with our economy falling apart, SS and healthcare on edge, and a war our best option is a liberal without a whole lot of experience?

BAD BAD BAD idea IMO.

What we need is a TRUE conservative. The problem is the Republican party isn't really conservative any more. The neo-cons have corrupted pretty much every traditional conservative ideal. The Republicans are no longer laissez faire, non-interventionist, or even remotely economically or socially conservative. The are hell-bent on dominating everything for their "moral" agenda. Fortunately there are some candidates that get pretty close to true conservatism. The best conservative candidate IMO was Ron Paul. His record speaks for itself. Duncan Hunter was pretty solid too but he's also gone now. Huckabee's fair tax is a big step and his economic policy and record seem pretty solid. Unfortunately (for me) he's a Baptist minister. Given my experience from growing up in the south and the last eight years I won't vote for that. It smells fishy to me. The last candidate and my personal choice is Mitt Romney. Sure he's a Mormon but IMO Mormons are kind of separate from the religious right "condition" that affects Evangelicals and Baptists. Mormons are good hardworking people. You may not think much of their religious beliefs but their moral foundations are strong and reasonable. He's also a great business man with an economic policy that might save this country from economic collapse. Really at the end of the day (hate me all you want) all I care about is our economy surviving. Democrats, especially Hillary or Obama, will fail MISERABLY at that. McCain is just too moderate.

Who do I think will win? Obama :crybaby:

it is nice to see some differing views from the mainly left leaning of most canadians

i would say i disagree with every word you typed , and the commas and periods as well, but it is nice to see

i hope you are right about obama and i am wrong about mccain

turn off sigs…it will change your life

Feb. 3, 2008, 4:37 p.m.

the economy is pretty much the last thing i would worry about..
what did bush do to the economy? i cant really remeber anyone care to help out?

oh wait now i remeber.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 3, 2008, 4:48 p.m.

Go mccain

FAMILYBIKERIDE
823/Ringle rear wheel FS!
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=103825

i went black over two years ago and haven't gone back