the n word

June 23, 2015, 7:54 a.m.

so now that obama used the n word , does that mean we can all use it ?

discuss .

June 23, 2015, 8:04 a.m.

He has a bunch of 'n' words, you need to be specific: No, not possible, never, the list goes on

June 23, 2015, 8:12 a.m.

One probably should not use the n word unless one IS an n

June 23, 2015, 8:40 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1NUposXVQ

www.natooke.com

June 23, 2015, 9:16 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUvdXxhLPa8
(NSFW)

June 23, 2015, 9:30 a.m.

necrophilia?

Wrong. Always.

June 23, 2015, 10:23 a.m.

Ugh George Carlin. I want to listen to him about as much as I want to ride a Stand up Paddle Board. Sure it might be kinda fun, but there's way better things to be doing…

viperfunk.com

June 23, 2015, 10:50 a.m.

^:lol:

You mean the "end" word? Like enduro or something completely different?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 23, 2015, 10:50 a.m.

One probably should not use the n word unless one IS an n

Does that mean that only 'crackas' should be able to say that word ? All you crackas' on this forum are crazy !

June 23, 2015, 10:56 a.m.

Does that mean that only 'crackas' should be able to say that word ? All you crackas' on this forum are crazy !

Cracka is the same as Nigger?

Yeah it really hurts so much to be reminded of a time when we owned land and people.

www.natooke.com

June 23, 2015, 11:27 a.m.

what it means is people of a racial group will often call themselves
by names which are considered racial slurs but those names are OK if they are of that group so blacks can use a moniker which is considered a racial slur but you can't

so I get to make alot of asian jokes

June 23, 2015, 11:43 a.m.

Yeah it really hurts so much to be reminded of a time when we owned land and people.

Who is 'we'? I've never owned people, nor did my ancestors. My ancestors were largely surfs, you know, basically slaves to the land owners. First Nations had slaves. Chinese had slaves. The Ottomans had slaves. Azatacs had slaves. The person who made your iPhone and a lot of what you wear are close to slaves.

Unfortunately it was, and continues to be, quite widespread. Notion of personal liberty and individual freedom are the historical exception, not the rule.

June 23, 2015, 11:55 a.m.

Both those words in their modern usage reference the American slave trade. The crackers are the ones who cracked the whips. That's why it's bullshit to complain about some double standard. To call someone a cracker is to imply they are powerful drivers of slaves. to call someone an n bomb though is to call them a powerless slave.

See the difference yet?

www.natooke.com

June 23, 2015, 12:36 p.m.

well for you guys who apparently don't know , Obama uttered the word " nigger " in a statement with an interviewer .

now , I'm not inclined to use the word in my daily speech but by not using it , or not being able to use it , only gives it more power . . . it's becomes a word that is used only use when you really want to insult someone for instance .

like the word " fuck " . years ago , it was never used in common language unless you really wanted to shock or offend someone . in recent years , people who normally wouldn't even think about saying " fuck " have no problem regularly using words that sound very much like it , with the same intent and connotation : " frig " or " frick " . the " f " bomb itself just doesn't carry the same weight that it used to . my wife told me to fuck off just the other day , even though she didn't really mean it :lol: .

and yet , black people , some at least , say nigger all the time . do we just not say the word ever and hope that it remains this forbidden word that might never be spoken again ? or does it become a part of everyday speech that stands as a reminder of how americans of African descent were treated when they were brought to do the work that enriched those who enslaved them ?

try this as an example : " that guy works like a nigger " . I don't offer this as derogatory or insulting , in fact the opposite . . . it can be interpreted as " that guy works very hard for little or no money ( volunteer maybe ) for the benefit of others " .

here's another example : " Nazi " . we all know the roots of that word and what it stands for , even today . yet any of us regularly use the term " trail Nazi " to denote a particular type of trail user . there are other variations , like the " soup Nazi " on " Seinfeld " . I don't necessarily think of WW 2 atrocities when I use the term , but it does serve to keep an image alive in our everyday lives , hopefully so that it never happens again .

nigger is such a powerful word with so much emotion attached to it . by using the word and understanding it's roots , do we honor the legacy and heritage of those who suffered ( and continue to suffer ) or does it lessen the impact of the word and nullify the sacrifice forced upon American negroes ?

June 23, 2015, 12:46 p.m.

"Cracker" is derogatory for southern white racist.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.