The Legal Weed Thread.

March 18, 2020, 2:46 p.m.

Er Cannabis thread I mean.

Well other than the initial price shock and packaging, whats people thoughts?

If any.. I think the shipping shouldnt be done by CanadaPost just because they only have one pick up / delivery cycle in the day. If I order at 230am, in theory, I should be able to receive it that same day. Seems like an easy $8 per package for CanadaPost.

I was stopping by the City Cannabis stores (mainly the Cambie 7th) for convenience but the price differential on the higher quality offerings there are well, basically ridiculous when you can order the same stuff online for almost 50% off in some cases or just go the Evergreeen loc on 4th/MacDonald.

So far, if we're treating the growers like a distillery, then Broken Coast and BLKMKT are leading the way imo. Both are worth the above average price. And now we can treat Cannabis like Tequila or Scotch. You like Jose or Don Julio '42? Both are blue agave based products but totes different.. Cannabis is going the same way.

If anyone wants some actual pictures posted up, let me know and I'll get them off the phone. I've gone through most of Broken Coasts offerings (other than two of their sativa dominants) and BLKMKT seems to do small batch one strain at a time for now, or thats what the BCCS carries from them. Just ordered the Wedding Crasher from BLKMKT along with the Keats and Ruxton from Broken Coast.

I'd suggest an NBR session but you know, not the best time apparently.

March 18, 2020, 9:51 p.m.

Well, if we're going to make pot jump through the same marketing hoops as cigarettes, we should do the same with alcohol. 

Scratch that, moreso with alcohol, considering it's way fucking worse for you.

(As I take a sip of my Superflux, Craft Beer is Dead IPA)

March 18, 2020, 11:06 p.m.

I usually buy black market from the HD mechanic just text and ask to borrow his 1/4" ratchet set

but the last bag i got from bro I lost, so the head of security at the folk fest where I was volenteering gave me a bag,

of course i found that bag I lost so I still got dope left from the folk fest season

wonder what will happen next eh ?

Last edited by: XXX_er on March 18, 2020, 11:07 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 19, 2020, 4:18 a.m.

If you ask me the government got weed into the red zone with a fresh set of downs and promptly fumbled the ball.

March 19, 2020, 9 a.m.

There is a long way to go and I think it should follow the wine or beer model, not the cigarette model. We should be able to have farms that tourists can stay at and sample their offerings like a winery or small craft bud shops that have their own grow show in the back. Buying it in ridiculous plastic containers at ridiculous prices will just drive people back to the black market. The big upside of course is convenience, so they legal shops always have the upper hand but not if it is overly dry and low quality. Or super expensive Don Julio of weeds that are not that great.

Last edited by: chupacabra on March 19, 2020, 9:01 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 19, 2020, 1:04 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

There is a long way to go and I think it should follow the wine or beer model, not the cigarette model. We should be able to have farms that tourists can stay at and sample their offerings like a winery or small craft bud shops that have their own grow show in the back. Buying it in ridiculous plastic containers at ridiculous prices will just drive people back to the black market. The big upside of course is convenience, so they legal shops always have the upper hand but not if it is overly dry and low quality. Or super expensive Don Julio of weeds that are not that great.

I'll differ on the Don Julio level of ganja. I didnt think it'd be worth the extra money but I was surprised. It's easily a visible difference (and then some; but not all are going to be top shelf). Sure the packaging isnt ideal at first but it works out better for your product or having the old dispensaries use plastic sandwich bags for everything. Some people always complained about that waste. At least with hermetically sealed containers, it is fresh (actually). The oldest package Ive come across was from July 23 2019 - less than ideal and sure, it was drier than one would like but it wasnt bad or moldy. Actually, that old herb had the best blueberry flavor ever (#402 Blueberry Kush, Havent St). What is super wasteful are the disposable vape pens.

I agree about the Winery aspect of growers. But for security purposes, I sadly dont see that happening. I could see people just camping out nearby starting a commune. What I dont get was starting the Cannabis stores in the Interior or non lower mainland areas. One would think they'd start the larger population base first, then Kamloops/Kelowna. But I also just dont want to pay an $8 fee to CanadaPost as I now have to wait an extra day for it to be processed at the local PO pick up spot (Canada post not doing signed deliveries or age verified because Covid). Before I didnt mind the $8 - but that was delivered to my door - now I have to  wait and go somewhere else to get it? One Gov entity kicking back to another ...

March 29, 2020, 1:45 p.m.

If anyone's in the Oakridge Langara area and needs to restock, the healing center or THC on main/48th has some decent grand reopening deals. Store and deals can be found on leafly. But thats for another two days.

Jan. 22, 2021, 8:32 a.m.

Posted by: Rinaois

I suffer frequently from chronic back pain, but I’m reluctant to rely on painkillers all the time since I’ve heard stories about other people getting addicted to them. Decided to try marijuana several times and it’s effective enough in toning the intensity down.

You can try to find CBD capsule's which will help with the pain aspect; after a while that is as CBD is cumulative.

Jan. 22, 2021, 11:20 a.m.

the MJ store openned 2 blocks away, its owned by my ski bro's kid so I bug bro that

" you sent that kid to uni for 6 yr and he becomes a professional dope pusher "

legal MJ is cheaper/ better than having to track down the blues player or the HD mechanic to buy a bag of whatever they are selling

and they are expanding  to the next town  so I guess junior learned how to become a capitalist

Last edited by: XXX_er on Jan. 22, 2021, 11:22 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 22, 2021, 4:29 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

legal MJ is cheaper/ better than having to track down the blues player or the HD mechanic to buy a bag of whatever they are selling

Ohhh it can be cheaper lol Hard to argue that its not better or I agree with you. Most are done really well.

Jan. 22, 2021, 8 p.m.

for 15 yars I would text the HD mechanic who is a bud and ask to borrow his 1/4 " ratchet. He would often deliver at 50-60 a 1/4 oz a product of undetermined origin or quality altho I did trust buddyand it was always real MJ

now i walk 2 blocks to the MJ shop on main street where there are dozens of ways to buy an MJ product, its all bud/no stems in 1/8th quantity or gummies or whatever, its better quality, I know where it was grown, at 20 something an eighth its cheaper or at least the same price so ime legal pot is cheaper than black market MJ

Shop is open almost every day 9-9 and they take debt or visa

March 6, 2021, 12:27 p.m.

You could vape weed, there are lots of devices that just take straight ground weed rather than some sketchy liquid.

March 6, 2021, 12:49 p.m.

Arizer solo 2 is probably your best bang for buck dry herb vape.

March 6, 2021, 6:33 p.m.

I think that bots lungs will be just fine no matter how he smokes.

I am considering a new portable vape though so thanks for the tip Adam!

I find vaped weed super mellow vs smoked so I like to mix a little keef in there to up the power. Works real nice and will comically destroy your bros if they smoke it without knowing...

March 6, 2021, 8:55 p.m.

I have an Airzer Air 1 and it's great.

Last edited by: thaaad on March 7, 2021, 6:57 a.m., edited 1 time in total.