The Hockey

Jan. 13, 2020, 6:35 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

In fairness to Zac, Tkatchuk had been running at him all game like a little rat bastard. That said, wouldn’t you like to see that little rat bastard riding shot gun with Petty rather than waiting on Olli Joulevi. Gotta say Benning dropped the ball in 2016. And yes I loved every shot Kassian fed him.

Ok, that makes a bit of sense then. Still Kassian should just wait for the right opportunity to steamroll Tkatchuk instead of putting his team down with a stupid penalty.

Jan. 13, 2020, 7:23 p.m.

ketchup is impressively skilled and plays with fire and impeccable timing right on the razor edge. i guess Zac was just tired of being on the losing end of a number of plays and hits by the better (uglier, mange-ier, goofier, cuntier) player and lost his composure.  i'd like to see another player i hate Reaves and ketchup tangle and see the outcome.

Jan. 14, 2020, 4:17 a.m.

If he could catch him, Reaves would give him a few lumps too.

Jan. 14, 2020, 2:05 p.m.

Posted by: JBV

ketchup is impressively skilled and plays with fire and impeccable timing right on the razor edge. i guess Zac was just tired of being on the losing end of a number of plays and hits by the better (uglier, mange-ier, goofier, cuntier) player and lost his composure.  i'd like to see another player i hate Reaves and ketchup tangle and see the outcome.

First - why not tell us how you really feel about Reaves lol Both ketchup and Reaves are chippy chirpy players and both remind me of Cooke's style when he got jacked. As for Kassian and Ketch, the refs could've called a few charging calls on Ketch as Kassian even talked to the refs at least once and by definition - three steps into a hit is charging. Ketch was running him blind sides n all and you cant blame Kassian for sayin' fuuuuuck this refs if you wont stop it then...  And you think Lucic should've been doing that instead of Ketch but noooope.

Jan. 14, 2020, 8:19 p.m.

from what i've seen Lucic is tough but essentially a clean player. can't say that about ketchup.  the semantics and analysis of a hit are interesting, but if the term 'predatory' is to have any meaning, ketchups hits on Kass were definitely that. it's surprising that Kass didn't get injured. it will be interesting how the season unfolds between the teams.

Jan. 15, 2020, 4:34 a.m.

Lucic is too slow, the game is starting to leave him behind. The only way he could catch Kassian is if he had a head start.

As far as Lucic being a clean player, go back in time and watch some of his Bruins footage.

Last edited by: FLATCH on Jan. 15, 2020, 4:36 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 19, 2020, 3:01 a.m.

My Lucic comment was more to do with being equally sized in a physical game - ketchup has (black) heart and has to throw himself at it but he is a definitely a hawk (predatory) and seems to have the chip of a 2nd gen NHL'er. Whether a coach or a team mate, I'd expect a vet to step up unless Ketch's actions were detrimental to the team. That'd be Lucic. Just look at old man Joe lately, he's chippy AF. So Gandalf the Grey has mores scrote than an East Van Lucic?

Jan. 19, 2020, 6:48 a.m.

I would take a forty year old Thornton over Lucic any day of the week. Milan has heart but never came close to the skill level of big Joe. Don’t be such a homer.

Jan. 19, 2020, 9:27 p.m.

Kudos to Derek Leung for capturing the very essence of Tkachuk.  It's almost like Kassian is smiling because he knows somewhere, someone is getting this shot.

Jan. 20, 2020, 12:31 p.m.

someone should photoshop "Pussy" onto the cuffs of his gloves, Warrior definitely does not apply

Jan. 20, 2020, 2:12 p.m.

I dont get what all the hate for Tkachuk is.  He put a legitimate hit on a guy that he knew would likely retaliate. He drew a penalty, his team scored the winning goal on the power play.  Sure, you can see him as a 'coward' cuz he didnt fight, or as a smart player that helped his team win the game. Seems to me Kassian is too slow/inept to deal with the pace of play and is more of a liability than an asset.

Jan. 20, 2020, 2:21 p.m.

Kassian gives a great interview on the latest "Kes & Juice" podcast.  Great to hear him talk about how he turned his life around.

Jan. 20, 2020, 2:25 p.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

I dont get what all the hate for Tkachuk is.  He put a legitimate hit on a guy that he knew would likely retaliate. He drew a penalty, his team scored the winning goal on the power play.  Sure, you can see him as a 'coward' cuz he didnt fight, or as a smart player that helped his team win the game. Seems to me Kassian is too slow/inept to deal with the pace of play and is more of a liability than an asset.

I can see the hate being that if a player is going to run around being a shit disturber then they need to take responsibility for it when they get called out. It shows weak character to run and hide if one is constantly poking the bear and then gets caught.

Jan. 20, 2020, 3:55 p.m.

Kassian was told by McDavid to keep his head up after the first hit.  He should probably also learn how to put his helmet on. If you are going to skate around with the puck with your head down, you are going to get hit. In my opinion there's a right time and place to drop the gloves and fight as an agitator,  turns out this wasnt the time as it was the turning point for the team to get the win.

Jan. 20, 2020, 4:25 p.m.

I think the bigger issue is that a lot of players/coaches/GMs are unhappy with the NHL's inconsistency deciding what is/isn't suspendable.  If that hit had been on McDavid, Tkachuk would have for sure gotten a Raffi Torres level suspension.