The Hockey

Jan. 20, 2020, 5:58 p.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

I dont get what all the hate for Tkachuk is.  He put a legitimate hit on a guy that he knew would likely retaliate. He drew a penalty, his team scored the winning goal on the power play.  Sure, you can see him as a 'coward' cuz he didnt fight, or as a smart player that helped his team win the game. Seems to me Kassian is too slow/inept to deal with the pace of play and is more of a liability than an asset.

I don’t hate Tkachuk, he’s got smarts and a higher then average skill set. BUT, go back and look at the hit. I just did again. The rat takes FIVE strides and two of the three hits were clearly charging. I think we can all agree he was looking for Kassian all game. If he had targeted Draisaitl, after the first hit he wouldn’t have gotten the next two. The only reason he didn’t see the box is because of Kassian's rep. That said, if Thachuk was a Canuck I’d be giddy.

Jan. 20, 2020, 8:10 p.m.

Bam!

Kesler said he lost the majority of his fights and fought players tougher than he was. “You got to at least throw. You can’t just turtle like he did after you throw two clean but dirty hits

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/ryan-kesler-lays-down-the-law-on-matt-tkachuk-everybody-that-knows-the-game-of-hockey-thinks-what-kassian-did-is-right/wcm/fec1c17d-b79e-43f5-a38e-216335287e99?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2bDpxQJdzQeq05KQRza7_R_Ql9u-Yeq6x6RGlfTJ2jdGdjoytdeNFhGvU#Echobox=1579497821

Jan. 22, 2020, 1:06 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

I would take a forty year old Thornton over Lucic any day of the week. Milan has heart but never came close to the skill level of big Joe. Don’t be such a homer.

That wasnt the point of my comment. If Lucic cant score anymore, he should be punishing people along the boards, not the little shit Ketch. Lucic is more Kassians size. And old man Joe is losing some respect for some chippy shit. He's probably hanging out with Evander.

Jan. 30, 2020, 9:40 a.m.

The result was the same, but at least Tkachuk went down swinging this time.  Good on him for stepping up.

Jan. 30, 2020, 4:28 p.m.

i'm hoping that's round 1 of more.

Jan. 30, 2020, 6:35 p.m.

So it's about 2/3 of the way through the season, are the kids for real Canucks fans? I don't really follow hockey anymore but just check in on the standings every once in a while and was surprised to see the Nucks near the top. Can they compete with the front runners or are they not there yet?

Jan. 31, 2020, 8:34 p.m.

The Pacific is a mess this season. It's hard to get too excited about the Canucks being in first place when, on any given day, the points spread between first and fifth is only 4 points, or less.

I think some luck will get them into the playoffs, but they will get bounced in the first round because only a few guys on the team have experienced playoff intensity. But, it will be a good learning experience for them.

Last edited by: PaulB on Jan. 31, 2020, 8:34 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 12, 2020, 6:57 p.m.

Bieksa was funny.

Feb. 13, 2020, 10:15 a.m.

Posted by: PaulB

The Pacific is a mess this season. It's hard to get too excited about the Canucks being in first place when, on any given day, the points spread between first and fifth is only 4 points, or less.

I think some luck will get them into the playoffs, but they will get bounced in the first round because only a few guys on the team have experienced playoff intensity. But, it will be a good learning experience for them.

This is all I am hoping for.  They might get a crazy run and make it to the next round, but just being there is the most important thing for this team right now.

Feb. 13, 2020, 2:43 p.m.

Posted by: switch

Bieksa was funny.

He was... it would have been even funnier if everyone on the ice could hear what he was saying.  That was the only flaw in what was an otherwise great ceremony.

It turns out that "some luck" has a name... "Markstrom".