The Great Salt Famine of 2017

Jan. 6, 2017, 7:55 p.m.

mild winters which is why my people want to invest their laundered money in Vangroovy

Jan. 6, 2017, 7:57 p.m.

mild winters which is why my people want to invest their laundered money in Vangroovy

Didn't you grow up in East Van?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 6, 2017, 8:04 p.m.

that video may not be representative of an entire culture of people, but it does seem to strike some familiar experiences.

some of you may want to jump ans label such thoughts/ideas as racist as i would reply that you can't call observation racist. i'm sure there are examples of boorish behaviour by other cultural groups in this city as well. maybe the stanley cup rights might be one?

the one thing those examples do have in commone though is the lack of foresight posessed by those currently running our city.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 6, 2017, 8:48 p.m.

Didn't you grow up in East Van?

More upscale than that Gwai lo, I was from Narth Burnaby eh but I still look mutherfucking AZN!

china is fucking huge country with many groups, my people are from the straits of Malacca AKA Peranakan or straits chinese, I think Lee's people are from the same area

I went to Westridge elementary at the bsae of burnaby mtn, I was looking at my grade school year book, K thru to grade 6 I was the token AZN, and I know there was only 1 EI family living in the school catchment area, go into that same school if its still there and I bet there will be more azns than white people

Big change fo Vangroovy in 50 year fo he-van sake!

Jan. 6, 2017, 9:11 p.m.

Bought a bunch of salt at iranian tire two days ago. Skids of the stuff.

Same here. Walked into Crappy Tire on Main St in N Van last weekend for something completely unrelated and saw a couple skids of salt. Only had half a bag at home so I picked up an extra bag. Then all of a sudden I hear of this epic shortage.

Jan. 6, 2017, 10:02 p.m.

A lot of them are probably gonna sell the salt afterwards.

They're prolly selling it right now! You know, standing at the end of their driveway waving a cardboard sign……:werd:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 6, 2017, 10:12 p.m.

They're prolly selling it right now! You know, standing at the end of their driveway waving a cardboard sign……:werd:

Just like PNE parking.

Thread killer

Jan. 7, 2017, 2:26 p.m.

My trucks have been running Edmonton daily since last week, bringing salt back.

Jan. 7, 2017, 2:45 p.m.

why do they use salt? its terrible on cars, and has a freezing point. In the interior they just use sand, and while it is messy during thaw, it is effective for getting traction.

Jan. 7, 2017, 2:47 p.m.

A buddy told me there is a similar scene at Costco when they put out free samples.

Jan. 7, 2017, 3:07 p.m.

why do they use salt? its terrible on cars, and has a freezing point. In the interior they just use sand, and while it is messy during thaw, it is effective for getting traction.

Unfortunately, the weather here over the last week has been right in the sweet spot where salt actually works (-5C to 0C), so people are going all hatchimal to get some.

Jan. 7, 2017, 5:01 p.m.

Jan. 7, 2017, 5:05 p.m.

it,s also meant to be used to soften the ice so one can shovel it up , but most just throw it down and expect everything to magically evaporate away instantly

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 7, 2017, 6:55 p.m.

So if I dislike certain parts of a culture that makes me racist?
You know like the uncivilized parts.

Just wait until there is no food for tree days.

Jan. 7, 2017, 8:24 p.m.

so after watching the news last nite it seems that they are going to go around and take infrared images of some 15,000 homes so they can send a $6 image to the home owner on ways to reduce there heat loss and save money , how nice of them .

are you serious? city of Vancouver? none of their business if my house is leaky, please reduce my taxes by $6 rather than waste money on this.