The grassy k...

April 6, 2008, 11:33 a.m.

but I can tell them to fuck off, telling cops to fuck off generally results in a bad day.

There were so goddamn many of them that it was as if you couldn't tell them to fuck off.

Watching one of them start going up to people in the library quiet study area made me want to punch him in the face.

April 6, 2008, 11:45 a.m.

The point is not whether the protestors were hippies or students or had a valid cause or not - the point is the sheer amount of force and violence exerted on an otherwise peaceful and legitimate protest by the state.

Once the state puts away the hippies, the artists, the fags, and anyone else they don't like, who do you think they will turn on?

April 6, 2008, 11:46 a.m.

There were so goddamn many of them that it was as if you couldn't tell them to fuck off.

Watching one of them start going up to people in the library quiet study area made me want to punch him in the face.

I haven't been up near as much lately, as I'm only taking one class.

Are we talking along the lines of the "deaf" guy who would go around distributing little pieces of paper begging for money? That dude was rad, came in smelling of smokes and beer, gives you a little pieces of paper with a joke on it that asks for donations. Good scheme.

However, if they're all "hello, fellow university student, do you like cheese and the CFS?" then punching is in order.

Check my stuff for sale!

April 6, 2008, 11:50 a.m.

However, if they're all "hello, fellow university student, do you like cheese and the CFS?" then punching is in order.

This.

Except it wasn't fellow students. A lot of them were apparently people flown in from out of town. And there were a lot of them.

April 6, 2008, 11:50 a.m.

The point is not whether the protestors were hippies or students or had a valid cause or not - the point is the sheer amount of force and violence exerted on an otherwise peaceful and legitimate protest by the state.

Once the state puts away the hippies, the artists, the fags, and anyone else they don't like, who do you think they will turn on?

the elderly, duh… ;) besides, it's not like they were sent to Berkinow. the police hauling people off usually strengthens resolve, anyway, so if these hippies have any stones, they'll be back again, but maybe don't light an open bonfire next time.

Check my stuff for sale!

April 6, 2008, 12:04 p.m.

I loved how they protested a bus loop with a few smelly rotten couches and a few pathetic garden plots over asphalt. Did they really expect to turn anyone over to their cause with a park that turned into a pile of trash in a few weeks?

Seems to be way too late in the planning process for a protest to make any sense now. Also seems like most students support the bus loop.

April 6, 2008, 12:06 p.m.

Bingo. Excessive force is unacceptable like that. I also heard that there were actually police with tazers drawn which didn't help keep things calm…

22 Pride

April 6, 2008, 12:07 p.m.

What's CHS?

If they're one of the religious groups that keeps inviting me over for dinner then punching is definitely in order.

April 6, 2008, 12:14 p.m.

What's CHS?

If they're one of the religious groups that keeps inviting me over for dinner then punching is definitely in order.

CFS.

Canadian Federation of Students.

They sucked, they would not let us (SFU) spend our money the way the students wanted it. They took quite a big chunk of change per semester in return of… Nothing. Typical oligarchy.

SFSS is in and hopefully it should be better.

I never had any problems with the CFS marketeers, I just have my earphones on cranked loud to TRANCE/HOUSE most of the time on SFU and I just walk past them. Once they had a paper held out infront of me, I kept walking, hitting the hand.

They weren't even students anyways, they were hired by CFS to keep us under their regime. They got paid ALOT of money for doing NOTHING. (CFS and the marketeers)

oh hai!

April 6, 2008, 12:45 p.m.

i'd be the forst to cry foul if there was any evidence of police misbehavior and there just isn't any in that video. There's no mud puddle, there's is nothing that the "protesters" are claimimg. What there is is a bunch of bored, spoiled kids mouthing off over a pile of dirt they hang out on. So its gonna become a bus stop, big deal, go find another pile of dirt to go hang out on. The money their parent's are spending to send them to school certainly could be put to better use by them. like actually maybe trying to learn something. I'd have more respect for thier "cause" if they were actually protesting something that mattered to the state or the world like the war in Iraq, or China's occupation of Tibet.

i'm a has been, trying to be a never was on the comeback trail.

April 6, 2008, 1:44 p.m.

SHAME is right. shame on those people for trying to make this into something bigger than it was.

that one bitch who got arrested near the end deserved it more than anyone, she was asking for it.

i am all for holding police accountable, but that was truly shameful. this police officers are out there trying to protect the public and these idiots…oh well, it just bothers me

they take away the validity of real true protests with meaning behind them and just make most people (like me) assume they are all a bunch of spoiled hippy wannabes just dealing with boredom

turn off sigs…it will change your life

April 6, 2008, 1:46 p.m.

agreed. and had i seen any unnessasry force or violence it would have been a different story (in my mind)

April 6, 2008, 2:32 p.m.

i think i saw 5 brown people in a group protesting, isnt that illegal?

Hippies protesting around a bonfire could be mistaken for a white supremacist meeting. Paying brown people to show up helps keep it legit.

April 6, 2008, 2:35 p.m.

Hippies protesting around a bonfire could be mistaken for a white supremacist meeting. Paying brown people to show up helps keep it legit.

too true.

April 6, 2008, 2:37 p.m.

agreed. and had i seen any unnessasry force or violence it would have been a different story (in my mind)

phew, i thought i was the only one who didn't see absolutely nothing.

i'm a has been, trying to be a never was on the comeback trail.