The grassy k...

April 7, 2008, 9:35 p.m.

One question…..

Was that Albino career protester,Garth Somethingorother.there?

I bet he was there.

Pastor of Muppets

April 7, 2008, 9:47 p.m.

Not sure, but apparently someone called Devorider seems to care enough to keep posting…

Realistically, the bonfire was just a really bad idea. UBC was waiting for a chance to get these protesters and the protesters gave it right to them. UBC doesn't care what those students think, not to mention what any students think. At least not when it comes between them and making money. Too many developers and people thinking for themselves… I kind of thought the whole point of a university was for the students… but now it seems like it is for money and not much else. I wonder if it will backfire once they ruin what is left of the Campus's beauty? The residents definitely matter more than the students.

22 Pride

April 7, 2008, 9:55 p.m.

devorider for the loss

turn off sigs…it will change your life

April 7, 2008, 10:10 p.m.

you know when I attended UBC I also felt that the university should just be a university with little in the form of commerce and non-student housing.

Then I visited University of Georgia at Athens. Queit possibly one of the best solutions to the university town. The place is solely a university town. Non-uni people live there and businesses thrive.

The whole place had a fantastic feel and great vibe. Made me wish ubc was more like that.

Also, to all the haters saying universities shouldn't be making money:
They are businesses, plain and simple. You want cheaper tuition? Money has to come from somewhere and it sure isn't coming from the government.

April 8, 2008, 1:40 a.m.

i agree with most, but fire is serious. you can't have a "bonfire" at a university and not expect police and fire to show up. and if you try to block fire crews from putting out the fire (WTF?) you must expect the police to get involved.

the students got exactly what they wanted, with the exception of screwing other protesters in the long term

For sure - the fire was a bad call, and I maintain both sides handled things badly. It makes sense to choose your battles, and getting in the way of the fire hose doesn't make sense.

April 8, 2008, 10:37 a.m.

Ironically posted by the guy who wears a "Cowboy" Hardhat…

I am a cowboy